Would you want Mourinho here?

stozo

Guest microbar

He's streets ahead of Allardyce but SA deserves his chance and I'd say needs a minimum of 3 years here.

I cant think of anything worse than 3 more years of Allardyce,

Managers like  Mourinho can walk into any job world wide

He would not consider a dead end club such as  nufc.

We are destined for  mid table mediocre yet again this year.

Trouble with Mourinho is that he is very short term.

He'd certainly give us a good period of two or three years, but then he'd hop off because he's done all he can do, or because he's fallen out with someone, and then, the club wouldn't be much better than the one he took over.

He doesn't seem to do much about infrastructure either, that was mostly undertaken by other staff members at Chelsea.

As a club, the foundations of Newcastle have been light years behind other clubs, and although steps have been taken, we are still catching up. Allardyce is the man to build these foundations.

Trouble with Mourinho is that he is very short term.

He'd certainly give us a good period of two or three years, but then he'd hop off because he's done all he can do, or because he's fallen out with someone, and then, the club wouldn't be much better than the one he took over.

He doesn't seem to do much about infrastructure either, that was mostly undertaken by other staff members at Chelsea.

As a club, the foundations of Newcastle have been light years behind other clubs, and although steps have been taken, we are still catching up. Allardyce is the man to build these foundations.

At worst, we'd have 3-4 years looking like we'd genuinely challenge the top 4 again before returning to being a 6th-10th placed club.

I'd take that tbh.

Christ. You've just suffered three years of Souness and Roeder. Not only do you lack imagination, you lack memory. I'm not going to reason with you, just ask you to see a doctor.

Guest microbar

Christ. You've just suffered three years of Souness and Roeder. Not only do you lack imagination, you lack memory. I'm not going to reason with you, just ask you to see a doctor.

Souness and Roeder now Allardyce all mediocre ,

Dont kid yourself that Allardyce is any better watch the results,

Maybe you need to see an optician .

Souness and Roeder now Allardyce all mediocre ,

How the fuck do you know?Hes managed us for 6 fucking games!Look at Bolton now that hes gone!!GIVE HIM A CHANCE FOR FUCK SAKE!!!!! :rant:

In one word - YES !!!

The appalling and disgraceful mess that was Derby has all of a sudden made me have grave doubts about Sam.

But it won't happen anyway. Thanks to the mismanagement of Shepherd we have slunk so low we are not even considered a "big club" any longer after the glory days of John Hall, when we were.

I will go against the majority here and say no.

He doesn't seem like the easiest bloke to get on with if he has problems and I don't think he would be here for the long haul if a bigger club came in.

Some people also seem to forgot that Chelsea haven't exactly been the most attractive club in the league since he arrived despite spending vast sums of money. I doubt his football would be any more attractive than Allardyces if he had spent the same.

After the shit this club has gone through over the last few years this thread really is proof that some fans need to get their heads out of their arse. Anyone expecting us to instantly play winning attractive football as soon as Allardyce came in is deluded!

I am more than happy for us to go along as we are building solid foundations and then see where we go from there. This summer we have rebuilt a squad and gotten to a point when in the next transfer window or two we can actually afford to go out and put all our eggs in one basket. Allardyce has done what we have all been moaning about for years and not just gone the easy route to try and please the simple fan. We were never going to fix everything all in one go but for me we have done wonders this pre-season/season so far.

He doesn't seem like the easiest bloke to get on with if he has problems and I don't think he would be here for the long haul if a bigger club came in.

Some people also seem to forgot that Chelsea haven't exactly been the most attractive club in the league since he arrived despite spending vast sums of money. I doubt his football would be any more attractive than Allardyces if he had spent the same.

After the s*** this club has gone through over the last few years this thread really is proof that some fans need to get their heads out of their arse. Anyone expecting us to instantly play winning attractive football as soon as Allardyce came in is deluded!

I am more than happy for us to go along as we are building solid foundations and then see where we go from there. This summer we have rebuilt a squad and gotten to a point when in the next transfer window or two we can actually afford to go out and put all our eggs in one basket. Allardyce has done what we have all been moaning about for years and not just gone the easy route to try and please the simple fan. We were never going to fix everything all in one go but for me we have done wonders this pre-season/season so far.

Ya exactly and hes done whatever good managers do....build from the back!Which we badly needed!I fully expect we will get a playmaker in January as well!

But in saying all that you cant turn down Jose.....5 trophys in 3 years!

Souness and Roeder now Allardyce all mediocre ,

FFS, we've only lost one game this season. "Watch the results", yes. You mean "watch the result": one single game.

After the s*** this club has gone through over the last few years this thread really is proof that some fans need to get their heads out of their arse. Anyone expecting us to instantly play winning attractive football as soon as Allardyce came in is deluded!

Ya exactly and hes done whatever good managers do....build from the back!Which we badly needed!I fully expect we will get a playmaker in January as well!

Although I do think he is a top manager you also surely have to take into account how much he has spent.

As others have said, one bad result and look at the kneejerk :lol:

Although I do think he is a top manager you also surely have to take into account how much he has spent.

As others have said, one bad result and look at the kneejerk :lol:

Big clubs spend big money with the aim of winning things, None of Mourinho, Rafa and Copello play attractive football but does anyone really care when they've got the trophies to show for it at the end of the season?

You seem to be overlooking that he won both the Uefa cup and the Champions League at Porto spending next to nothing, he's simply a top coach and light years ahead of Allardyce.