Albert Luque (Thread #3463225)

NSG

I had a talk with then-chairman, Freddie Shepherd, and told him how much I wanted to earn. It was a ludicrous amount, but he didn’t bat an eyelid.

:lol:

Luque:  I won't sign for a penny less than £40k a week

FFS: Done!

Luque:  Wait, did I say 40.. cause I clearly meant 60..

I had a talk with then-chairman, Freddie Shepherd, and told him how much I wanted to earn. It was a ludicrous amount, but he didn’t bat an eyelid.

:lol:

http://ine.250x.com/images/photoimages/python/haggling.jpg

"Come on, haggle! I'm not worth £50,000 a week!"

Guest eyeball_tickler

So now the question mark is on top of Owen....and probably Duff and Emre.

why just them? why not any player who has signed for fairly big money? viduka, martins, butt, smith etc

Has said he didn't want to sign for NUFC, only signed for the ludicrous money. Reckons Roeder is a t*** but thinks the new management will go on to succeed.

Pretty much what most of us thought. What a waster/wanker. Hope he tears his hamstring again or alot worse. Twat is laughing all the way to the bank though at our expense.  >:(  How can anyone seriously feel sorry for him? He's the epitomy of a foriegn mercenary from hell! Good riddance to a horrible piece of shit. We are still paying for Soumess's numerous mistakes.

yeah totally agree with that.

He was prepared, for a good period at least by his own admission, to leach an extraordinary amount of quid per week out of the club while turning down offers to return home to as he described it a 'beautiful country', back to a league which is technically superior but is played at a slower pace with a reduced emphasis on the 'physical game' in comparison to the EPL. A style of play which is more suited.

These opportunites to return home virtually amounted to a series of 'Get Out of Jail' cards and he knocked them back - for the sake of quid. To knock back such opportunities, when in the prime of his playing career, mirrors that of the half-arsed attitude/lack of drive that was put on display on the few occasions he was given under Roeder's tenureship. 

An atypical merc.

I agree with what he had to say about Roeder.But I was surprised and angry that he came here for the money that we offered him,which I dont think is right,but Freddy is the main culprit and idiot.He is bad in doing business,I wonder who else in the squad who came here because they got the wages that they wanted from Freddy during his time as the chairman.

really cant blame him dough.. would have done the same thing!

altough.. i think he tried to make an impression at newcastle, but just failed at do so, so why not just make a bit of money as well?

wish lucky all the best at his next club and hope he will enjoy life there! better there than here i say!

Guest Synthespian
...but it does go to prove that Freddy was/is a total fkn idiot!!!

You needed proof?

He is a tosspot - Shepherd.

He got the club into £78m of debt and walked away with a £34m pay-off, or something similar.

Omg

Is that the best you can do this time, trying to defend the indefensible!???

FFS is, was and always will be a t***, totally out of his depth running a business as big as NUFC.

It was certainly a retarded response. What do you expect from him?

what does the pei responde for?

suppose everyone is partail to a pbit of pie.

who deosn't like pie? am not talking gress or sums, i get it now, its difficult, itts not wartnting it but you do yuor brst to crack it,

soundf.

:lol: Class, gan to bed mate

Omg

FFS is, was and always will be a t***, totally out of his depth running a business as big as NUFC.

More than i expect from you, but then thats still an injustice to HTL.

Omg

More than i expect from you, but then thats still an injustice to HTL.

:lol: you forgot the smiley.