Rafa tells Big Sam to butt out

Thespence

Why on earth so many fuking bellends from other clubs come and sign up here i do not know. Got nowt else to do you dumb prick?

Fans from other clubs are just as welcome here as you. If not more so, based on some of your posts in here.

Sam Allardyce has carried on his war of words with Rafa Benitez by telling the Liverpool manager that he can 'dish it out but he can't take it'.

Honestly, it's like a Football Manager war of words.  Right now Pako Ayestaran is saying to Benitez "Tell Sam Allardyce you still think he has a lot to learn."

Big Sam's comments aside, I noticed that Benitez was the only Premier manager who was ungracious enough to even acknowledge Mourinho's exit from the Prem. Never realised he was this bitchy but for some reason I now feel they are there for the beating.

Guest mandakin

Big Sam's comments aside, I noticed that Benitez was the only Premier manager who was ungracious enough to even acknowledge Mourinho's exit from the Prem. Never realised he was this bitchy but for some reason I now feel they are there for the beating.

I am liverpool fan btw.

I think Benitez was being truthful here. He did not want to be seen as a hypocrite after his relationship with Jose.This was what he said

"You know my relationship with him, it is better that I do not say anything.At the moment I am more worried about Birmingham boss Steve Bruce."

I honestly dont see anything wrong with that. To be fair I think the media coverage has been a bit over the top with the spokesman for the Prime Minister reading a statement. What the hell was that. He was a great manager , agreed. It is not like he died or anything.  He is gonna walk into one of the top jobs in Europe in a years time.

As for Sam and Rafa, they have a bit of a tiff going on from the Bolton days. This is just a continuation of that.

Danny B ... I wish you would not resort to name calling. We are guest here and behave the same way.

I am liverpool fan btw.

I think Benitez was being truthful here. He did not want to be seen as a hypocrite after his relationship with Jose.This was what he said

"You know my relationship with him, it is better that I do not say anything.At the moment I am more worried about Birmingham boss Steve Bruce."

I honestly dont see anything wrong with that. To be fair I think the media coverage has been a bit over the top with the spokesman for the Prime Minister reading a statement. What the hell was that. He was a great manager , agreed. It is not like he died or anything.  He is gonna walk into one of the top jobs in Europe in a years time.

As for Sam and Rafa, they have a bit of a tiff going on from the Bolton days. This is just a continuation of that.

Danny B ... I wish you would not resort to name calling. We are guest here and behave the same way.

This is the type of Liverpool fan I like.

Completely needless thing for Allardyce to say.  Stupid, tbh.

I wish we could complain about only finishing 3rd twice in a row and get into two Champions League finals in 3 years.

This is exactly the right comment on this stupid intervention by Allardyce - I am absolutely stunned that he should have entered into such a ludicrous situation as to provoke a comparison between himself and Benitez, for regardless of his intentions, that is what he has done, and , by association, beween Liverpool and ourselves...

There are many similarities between the two cities/clubs, but success is not one of them - if NUFC had won even half of what Benitez has done with Liverpool,or half of what Liverpool have achieved in the past 20 years we would have been jumping through hoops and claiming we were in the elite now, etc etc.

The old saying about Glass Houses, stones and throwing comes to mind - all Allardyce has succeeded in doing is to draw enormous pressure on to both himself and the Club(us), and probably ensured that we get a humiliating defeat when we go to Anfield ; Benitez will have them well wound up for that one, and their squad is already light-years ahead of ours - time to get back to basics Big Sam ; AND to say NOWT.

These two have history from Allardyce's Bolton days. Bolton always annoyed the hell out of Rafa, and he invariably had a pop at them before and/or after the game, so I'm not surprised to see Allardyce having a dig back, even if it was a completely bizarre thing to say.

I am liverpool fan btw.

Whilst I understand your point, I think Benitez's comments come across to a neutral as one bearing a grudge over past events.  Benitez could have followed the stance of Wenger, who having been likened to a voyeur by Mourinho in the past has as much reason as Benitez to dislike Mourinho.

Wenger's comment though ........“It is basically sad because I feel Mourinho is a manager of quality.  We didn’t get on the best, but that does not hide the fact I respected what he did and the quality of his work."

Maybe Benitez feels the same way as Wenger but imo Wenger comes over far more sincere than Benitez.

It's true though.  If they hadn't won the Champions Ledague he would be gone.  3 years of failure for a Liverpool manager in terms of winning the Prem is about the going rate.  However, he did win the Champions League and that's bought him more time.  He's also been lucky enough for this to coincide with a huge injection of funds after their take over to buy Torres, Babel et al..  Make no mistake though- a couple more third place finishes and he's out of there.

Its not as if the league has been poor these last few years. I think this is the season they will really fight for it but will ultimately fall a little short.

Third or even fourth in this league is no disgrace.

3 years of failure for a Liverpool manager in terms of winning the Prem is about the going rate.

You'd have to go back to Phil Taylor in 1959 for that to be accurate and then we were in Division 2.

There's a lot more to the Allardyce story than meets the eye as he put himself forward after the club got rid of Houllier and was told LFC had absolutely no interest in him taking the manager's job. He's been chirping away ever since.

It's just a bit of craic.

I don't see the need for all this analysis and judgement, it comes across as a bit pretentious and pompous.

The reason for the reaction is that Allardyce's comments could adversely affect our result at Anfield, and maybe even SJP - I couldn't give a stuff what he thinks - he's entitled to his opinion - but it is unprofessional if it causes another top side to be really on their metal when they play us.

Also, these comments are so petty that they could have been made by our last Chairman.....

Guest WalkervilleMag

though i agree with Big Sam to a point about Rafa being lucky,  i just don't get why he is comming out with stuff like this.  Last thing we need is a slanging match across the papers.