Newcastle United 3 - 1 West Ham - 23/09/07 - Post match reaction from page 14

Dave

Good result, we were much the better side second half. Very impressed with Beye, N'Zogbia MOM for me, 2 assits and a goal, and put in some very good tackles. Our overall play, especially our passing was much much better than what it has been. Smith still pretty non effectual again though not for the want of trying. Im not a fan of Butt, but thought he had a very decent game today!

Who was that below Mike Ashley?

Was it his son?

Certainly looked like him, gave the Wham fans the middle finger with both hands after the match finished.

:lol:

Really? :lol:

Carbon copy of the big man, looked about 15-19, another lad next to him turned round to Ashley and ashley shook his hand rather energetically, so my guess is they know each other.

I didn't spot it but me manu mate watching it did, i rewound it back and he really does look like him.

I'm sorry but Martins over Owen for me. He looked so dangerous and forced West Ham to sit deeper. Play him up front with a target man in Viduka or Smith and he will be awesome.

We know he will miss some chances as he is not as clinical as Owen, but his pace and athleticism means he will get into twice the number of goalscoring opportunities. Even the miss today ... his pace got him the chance in the first place. owen wouldn't get to the ball.

I'm sorry but Martins over Owen for me. He looked so dangerous and forced West Ham to sit deeper. Play him up front with a target man in Viduka or Smith and he will be awesome.

We know he will miss some chances as he is not as clinical as Owen, but his pace and athleticism means he will get into twice the number of goalscoring opportunities. Even the miss today ... his pace got him the chance in the first place. owen wouldn't get to the ball.

i agree, especially with the cloud over Owen's fitness.

Guest Guinness

Very pleased with the result today, it was vital we bounced back from the Derby result and we did. Viduka was class today, his first touch, his hold up play and the way he brought others into play were all top draw as were his goals. Beye had a very good game at right back especially considering it was his first start for us. N'Zogbia was also quality, two assists and a goal, with Enrique fit again I can't wait to see him in midfield. Really should have been 4 but after some great play from Martins he somehow managed to miss.

We had to absorb spells of pressure and we weren't great in the first half, but the result was what really mattered today, we got that and a very solid second half display.

We'll be fine. 3-1 :)

Wooo ;)

What will be the FT result for Arsenal vs Newcastle? I will bet 20bucks on it!

2-3

Martins to grab a header in the 87th minute to secure the victory! :lol:

it's very obvious that we were a much better team when Zoggy and Milner played on LW and RW respectively after Enrique came on......

is it me only or does anyone agree that our players (apart from Smith) didnt bother to celebrate with the goal scorers?? I got this impression not only in this game, but from the previous games in this season too. i like the way arsenal and man utd celebrate their goals with virtually the entire team celebrating together.

great day anyways, should treat myself several pints.

Harper -7

Beye - 8.5

Rozenhal- 6.5

Cacapa- 7.5

N'Zogbia- 9.5

Butt- 7.5

Milner- 6

Geremi- 6.5

Smith- 6.5

Viduka- 9

Owen- 6

Martins- 7

Taylor- 6

Enrique- 7

ditto for those numbers except harper was an 8 for me, his positioning and reflexes were exceptional.

Great result, and really nice to see the change of formation into a far more balanced and threatening one in the latter stages.

The deep defence was not pleasant to watch but I understand the reasoning behind it, nullifying them exploiting the space behind with pace. Only thing was it gave them way too many headers in range of goal!

It'll be nice to see those disappointed with our play so far this season acknowledge we were much more attacking today.

I think the way the opposition play is the key - Villa and Wigan both basically came for a point but West Ham were a lot more open which suited us.

That makes Derby more galling of course.

It'll be nice to see those disappointed with our play so far this season acknowledge we were much more attacking today.

I think the way the opposition play is the key - Villa and Wigan both basically came for a point but West Ham were a lot more open which suited us.

That makes Derby more galling of course.

A fair point.