Beye 'eck, Habib is good

Dave

He's a fullback. Wtf is this shit about end product? Is this some kind of  Sky "buzz phrase" or something?

:dontknow:

You didn't see him get into numerous good positions then cross the ball out of play?

The first and most important job of a fullback is to be able to defend.

"End Product" for a fullback (the phrase makes me fucking gag) is to stop the opposition creating opportunities to score against us a direct result of him being shite at defending. Course, that's difficult to measure, so the type who rely on stats to judge a footballer will be keen to assess him on how many scoring opportunities he creates at the other end......

He looks like a decent defender. That will do for me while the team takes shape and they get used to each other.

I agree completely, hence me starting this thread.

All that people* were pointing out was that he also looks good going forward and adding to our attack, apart from his 'end product' today, which resulted in posession in a couple of good positions coming to nothing.

*In fact only one person actually mentioned it.

He's a fullback. Wtf is this shit about end product? Is this some kind of  Sky "buzz phrase" or something?

:dontknow:

You didn't see him get into numerous good positions then cross the ball out of play?

The first and most important job of a fullback is to be able to defend.

"End Product" for a fullback (the phrase makes me fucking gag) is to stop the opposition creating opportunities to score against us a direct result of him being shite at defending. Course, that's difficult to measure, so the type who rely on stats to judge a footballer will be keen to assess him on how many scoring opportunities he creates at the other end......

He looks like a decent defender. That will do for me while the team takes shape and they get used to each other.

I agree completely, hence me starting this thread.

All that people* were pointing out was that he also looks good going forward and adding to our attack, apart from his 'end product' today, which resulted in posession in a couple of good positions coming to nothing.

*In fact only one person actually mentioned it.

One person is one too many. Stupid phrase. In my opinion.

Guest unrealterrorist

Not really, pretty much every top team I can think of has full backs that support attacks and have an involvement in the final 3rd.

Forsooth I agree even England use there full backs to support the attacks because they don't really use orthodox wide men but we looked allot better with real full backs on the field and zoggy on the left wing more fluid in attack more solid in defence.

TBF, I can remember him doing that once, but he was trying to win a corner as opposed to trying to get the ball into the box.

Lack of fitness, nerves and other such facors all have to be taken into account as well. He played very well indeed, for a debut.

Not really, pretty much every top team I can think of has full backs that support attacks and have an involvement in the final 3rd.

Jon

Nobody is going to dispute that a fullback needs to support the attack, but the first job of a fullback is to have the ability to defend, to judge a defender on his ability to attack is stupid. To judge a defender on meaningless statistics that result in such stupid phrases as "end product" is championship manager type bollocks that unfortunately is far too common these days.

Guest Darth Toon

Very, very good performance indeed, attacking and defending - could well be our best right back for many a year (since Barry Venison??)

Jon

Nobody is going to dispute that a fullback needs to support the attack, but the first job of a fullback is to have the ability to defend, to judge a defender on his ability to attack is stupid. To judge a defender on meaningless statistics that result in such stupid phrases as "end product" is championship manager type bollocks that unfortunately is far too common these days.

who mentioned statistics? it was just a phrase one person used as a catch-all phrase for his final ball. it is a fact of modern football that most top-end full backs contribute to the attack, so having a good delivery should be part of their game, tho no one has ever questioned that the first job of a full-back is defending.

Jon

who mentioned statistics? it was just a phrase one person used as a catch-all phrase for his final ball. it is a fact of modern football that most top-end full backs contribute to the attack, tho no one has ever questioned that the first job of a full-back is defending.

It's nowt to do with "modern day football." Fullbacks have always had to do this.

I'd rather have Beye than Finnian, Belletti, Feriera or Chimbonda.

I think we've snapped up someone who will be one of the best right backs in the PL.

Who the hell is Finnian, Belletti, Chimbonda? How many goals have they made? What is the proof of their end product?

I think we've snapped up someone who will be one of the best right backs in the PL.

Who the hell is Finnian, Belletti, Chimbonda? How many goals have they made? What is the proof of their end product?

;)

Finnan makes loads of goals, Belletti was on the verge of a move here, and Chimbonda is highly rated by many.

Excellent home debut. I was well impressed with him.

I don't think he was fully fit either... looked a bit knackered towards the end, not suprising really the amount of runs he made....Really really impressed with him.

Did very well. Seems up to speed with the pace and strength of the English game already which is nicely surprising.

Excellent home debut. I was well impressed with him.

I don't think he was fully fit either... looked a bit knackered towards the end, not suprising really the amount of runs he made....Really really impressed with him.

He was definately a bit fucked at the end.

Finnan makes loads of goals, Belletti was on the verge of a move here, and Chimbonda is highly rated by many.

Whey aye. What a fullback.