Beye 'eck, Habib is good

Dave

Baggio called it the day we signed him. He's fucking mystical i tell ye.

Lots of people thought the same.

I still think he's worth a go up front with Martins or Owen.

Aye, i know i just disagreed with him that day. There is merit in seeing him up front but as a replacement for Dyer he is shite tbf.

I'd be lying if I said I was gutted about the signing (still going to be a useful squad player imo, but probably no more), but as the deal was being wrapped up I honestly thought in that interview Allardyce was talking about getting someone else in too.

I thought he looked pretty speedy too, which is nice. :D

As I said I thought he looked nervous to start with, when he beat two West Ham players in the first half and put a cross in (even though it was over hit) the crowd got behind him and he took confidence from that.

Enrique looked decent too from the short time he was on.

According to Big Sam:

"Charles N'Zogbia looked comfortable wide left, and it gave Jose Enrique a little taste of the Premier League. Habib Beye also got a little taste - though he needed oxygen on the stretcher after making a long run! He had to stay on because Claudio Cacapa had a groin problem."

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1118842,00.html

According to Big Sam:

"Charles N'Zogbia looked comfortable wide left, and it gave Jose Enrique a little taste of the Premier League. Habib Beye also got a little taste - though he needed oxygen on the stretcher after making a long run! He had to stay on because Claudio Cacapa had a groin problem."

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1118842,00.html

That might well be what I was looking at, then. Too committed for his own good, I like that :D

Beye looks as if he could be the best RB the club has had since Irving Nattrass in the 70s - similar style and quality movement & awareness - will be a huge asset when he adjusts to the Prem.

Notice how Butt improved considerably when linking up with him...

For £2m i think we got a bargin.

Beye - £2m

Roz  - £2.9m

Faye - £2m

Cacapa - Free

That is some fantastic business on our behalf.

The only negative point I could think off is their age...greedy thought though.

Baggio called it the day we signed him. He's fucking mystical i tell ye.

Lots of people thought the same.

I still think he's worth a go up front with Martins or Owen.

On the contrary I thought he was very involved yesterday and cropped up in many areas of the park. The problem is SA and not AS...By no stretch of the imagination is he a right winger or right midfielder. He needs to play upfront or license to attack the box late as a forward midfielder. Off the bench he would be great when Viduka gets tired around the 70min as he does these days.

When Jan comes and 5 odd players dissapear he wil come into his own. Still great player to have around and every team needs an Alan Smith type. Perhaps we overpaid for him a bit and £4m would have been closer to his real worth at the moment.

I still think he is a player who will do something when you least expect it. His time will come.

Fantastic debut by Beye, looked top top quality.  He made a big difference imo and managed to get forward quite a bit too, we've been crying out for someone of his quality for a while now i just pray that he doesn't get injured as he'll make a big difference to us this season.

Yup I agree,and he,like many have said here,like going forward too,just like Carr.But the only difference is Beye is better doing both defending and attacking but he needs to work on his cross and Im sure he will be a  better player.

• 2 months later...