Charles N'Zogbia at left back

James

Not good enough, and has been found out.

It showed today that he hates being under any pressure, gives the ball away too much, players are able to run inside and behind him, gets turned easily, can only tackle when tracking back.

No coincidence that West ham looked most threatening down their right hand side. Unsettled Cacapa as well, who gave him a real bollocking at one point.

Stick him in midfield.

Stupid comment, dont think anyone believes Zog wants to play there. He's an attacking player and always has been.

It showed today that he hates being under any pressure

Thought he was little shaky in the first half but that's a bit OTT.

Anyway I want him as Left Wing also, could only benefit him and the team more. Plus it would do Milner the world of good to switch to the right... poor display from him today. Would be like a double bonus (tripple even, as Smith wouldnt on the right anymore!)

Stupid comment, dont think anyone believes Zog wants to play there. He's an attacking player and always has been.

Not a stupid comment at all, it is clear from both derby and West ham that the opposition know his weakness in that position and will act accordingly.

Errr...I know it isn't a good point for sticking N'Zog at left back,

but i do think Milner's presence at left wing contributes a lot to N'Zog's impressive attacking performance.

Once Milner is back to the right, I still expect him to play well, not not as good as now.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

Well yeah, but you have to assume he was only back there until Enrique gained match fitness. I'd be shocked if he plays there again.

At Uni I've met two guys from Spain, one supports Villareal and one Real Madrid. They were both stunned when he left for us, he is rated as one of the most promising defenders from Spain and in 2 weeks he will almost certainly be first choice left-back.

Haha James trying to sound football smart.

He won us the game today. Enough said.

Nothing that couldn't have been done  in a left wing position. Until we get midfielders of immense attacking ability, playing Zog at left back compromises the team both defensively (because his defensive attributes aren't great) and offensively (because he is being held back by defensive responsibilities)

Nothing that couldn't have been done  in a left wing position. Until we get midfielders of immense attacking ability, playing Zog at left back compromises the team both defensively (because his defensive attributes aren't great) and offensively (because he is being held back by defensive responsibilities)

Can't really argue with that  blueyes.gif

We all know this, Allardyce knows this. Nothing new here.

What do you expect when he is an attacking midfielder covering at LB?

That he isn't allowed to play at left back in the first place.

It is not a criticism of the player. All players have weaknesses. Similar stuff could be said of Shearer at left back. I'm just pointing out that we would be much better if he played somewhere else, as I think some on here are overrating his ability as a left back.

Guest optimistic nit

i thought he was very good at left back. obviously we need him in a more attacking role, but i thought he was very good defensively, unlike the chucklebrothers part 2 (roz and cacapa) (not saying their shit, they just cant head the ball (either of them)).

he was our best defender today even if you discount all his attacking contributions (well, apart from beye).

But you're making it out as if we have a few options at left back and Sam has picked N'zogbia. We don't, we have 3. One is injured and the other one is only getting to match fitness and will no doubt start soon.

Utter pointless thread.