Arsenal 2 - 0 Newcastle (Carling Cup) - 25/09/07

Newcastle Fan

It's often shite. It's often fine.

:lol: So it ranges from shite to "fine".  You couldn't quite bring yourself to say good, could you. :lol:

"It's often shite, and it's sometimes..........alright....ish." :razz:

Your sole purpose in this thread seems to be to remind everybody how shite Martins is, despite the fact you couldn't provide a better alternative to start when Owen's not fit (which is quite a lot of the time tbf). I don't know why Martins is coming in for so much stick on a night we could have lost by eight. We were outplayed and unless Martins was alone playing in a 0-0-1 formation, I don't see why he is getting so much stick.

It's not my fault that he's third choice striker at the club, is it?  If he carries on missing open goals, I'd start Smith ahead of him up front though, but at present I'm assuming Smith is starting in midfield.

How far do you have to go back for Smith to tally 17 goals in a season?

In fact fuk that, lets just go back to 17 competitive goals ago.

It would probably see Leeds back in the Champions League!

If spackajack keeps missing open goals, he deserves to be dropped, which would mean going with Smith up front.  I've said though that presently Martins starts by default.  I'm not happy about it though cos I can see how average he is. 

Milner is not s****, just average, he'll never be a top player, or even a very good one. has a terminal lack of pace and only average technical ability so it is not like he can compensate for it. he's the right-wing equivalent of steven taylor, only centre-halfs get better as they physically deteriorate, while, apart from the best, most wingers fade away.

O0

True enough, he isn't shit. He has been playing that way recently though. I'm quite happy with us defensively and not overly worried about central midfield if we can get wide players who offer pace, passing, crossing and the ability to press the ball and full-backs. At the minute we can afford Charlie to learn as we arent going to win anything and he has some ability. The other one is never going to get there and sentiment goes out of the window. Nice lad, not good enough.

Cliché ALERT

I'd rather Martins was getting into the positions in the first place to miss them than not getting there at all, like Shola. He'll score some of them.

I'd rather we got someone better in and people stopped trying to kid themselves that this lad is anything special.  Seriously, there are people that think that this kid is a TOP talent.  It's f****** ludicrous.

Not having a go at you btw Dave, it just astounds me when I watch this kid play, the reputation he has with some of our fans.

Were his 17 goals last seasona fluke then? Playing alongside Sibierski and Dyer? God gove me strength. You go and have a look over the goals he has scored for Newcastle and come back and tell me he can't finish.

His situation reminds me of Adebayor's situation at Arsenal. All my friends who support Arsenal kept telling me he was crap and just like Shola and I kept telling them he just needed to play regularly and I would happily swap Shola for him anyday. They always laughed at me about it.

This season they're wetting themselves over him the twats. Pisses me off something propa.

I don't need to hear about the conversations you have with your mates at the back of the special bus tbh. :razz:

Funny guy.

I just don't like fickle people. Had either Drogba or Adebayor come to Newcastle you would have been the sort to run them out after their first season. Both similar players to Martins. Speed, athletic ability and power, but not the best touch or awareness. Surround them with the right players and play them often enough and they will be very productive though.

Simple as that. We have no choice but to play Martins everygame now. Let's see what happens with him playing alongside Viduka regularly then. We'll talk about this again in aaround four weeks.

So now he's as good as Drogba or Adebayor, it's just that he's playing with the wrong team mates?  By the way, Adebayor's touch pisses all over Martins'.  Please don't embarrass yourself by trying to say that Adebayor and Drogba "don't have the best touch or awareness" in an attempt to defend Martins.

you have to be kidding me if we ask Ash now how good adebayors touch is, he would say absolutely s****, his touch is f****** awful as is drogbas who knees it everywhere. also last season adebayor was absolutely awful he missed plenty of sitters, coincedence that he was on the bench last season alot (apart from when henry was injured), like martins, i think not.

Don't waste your breath. Motherfuckers got short memories on here. The abuse Drogba got his first season for his rawness has now been completely forgotten. The number of times I sat in awe as that Alan Gray went on and on about his awful touch and him not being worth 5 million never mind 24 million ya da ya da ya da

As for Adebayor do you have any idea how much people had a go at him last season. The exact same things that is being said about Martins right now. No brain. no touch etc etc. Martins always came off the bench at Italy.  Comes here starts off slowly then erupts for 17 before tailing off again. His first ever season as a first team player. Now he's back on the bench again.

1 month guys and then we'll see what's what. I just hope Martins stays fit. We shall see.

:lol: So it ranges from shite to "fine".  You couldn't quite bring yourself to say good, could you. :lol:

Your sole purpose in this thread seems to be to remind everybody how shite Martins is, despite the fact you couldn't provide a better alternative to start when Owen's not fit (which is quite a lot of the time tbf). I don't know why Martins is coming in for so much stick on a night we could have lost by eight. We were outplayed and unless Martins was alone playing in a 0-0-1 formation, I don't see why he is getting so much stick.

It's not my fault that he's third choice striker at the club, is it?  If he carries on missing open goals, I'd start Smith ahead of him up front though, but at present I'm assuming Smith is starting in midfield.

If spackajack keeps missing open goals, he deserves to be dropped, which would mean going with Smith up front.  I've said though that presently Martins starts by default.  I'm not happy about it though cos I can see how average he is. 

Spackajack  ;D

Against Portsmouth 08/11/2003.

Milner is not s****, just average, he'll never be a top player, or even a very good one. has a terminal lack of pace and only average technical ability so it is not like he can compensate for it. he's the right-wing equivalent of steven taylor, only centre-halfs get better as they physically deteriorate, while, apart from the best, most wingers fade away.

O0

True enough, he isn't shit. He has been playing that way recently though. I'm quite happy with us defensively and not overly worried about central midfield if we can get wide players who offer pace, passing, crossing and the ability to press the ball and full-backs. At the minute we can afford Charlie to learn as we arent going to win anything and he has some ability. The other one is never going to get there and sentiment goes out of the window. Nice lad, not good enough.

he is in shocking form, but he was for the first third of last season too. i seem to remember he picked up only when he had Solano playing behind him, and benefitting from his vision and long passing. don't think there's many other options for the right, geremi can play there but he's not exactly the most attacking player in the world. as i've been saying for a while, january is the time to get a right sided attacker in.

Cliché ALERT

I'd rather Martins was getting into the positions in the first place to miss them than not getting there at all, like Shola. He'll score some of them.

I'd rather we got someone better in and people stopped trying to kid themselves that this lad is anything special.  Seriously, there are people that think that this kid is a TOP talent.  It's f****** ludicrous.

Not having a go at you btw Dave, it just astounds me when I watch this kid play, the reputation he has with some of our fans.

Were his 17 goals last seasona fluke then? Playing alongside Sibierski and Dyer? God gove me strength. You go and have a look over the goals he has scored for Newcastle and come back and tell me he can't finish.

His situation reminds me of Adebayor's situation at Arsenal. All my friends who support Arsenal kept telling me he was crap and just like Shola and I kept telling them he just needed to play regularly and I would happily swap Shola for him anyday. They always laughed at me about it.

This season they're wetting themselves over him the twats. Pisses me off something propa.

I don't need to hear about the conversations you have with your mates at the back of the special bus tbh. :razz:

Funny guy.

I just don't like fickle people. Had either Drogba or Adebayor come to Newcastle you would have been the sort to run them out after their first season. Both similar players to Martins. Speed, athletic ability and power, but not the best touch or awareness. Surround them with the right players and play them often enough and they will be very productive though.

Simple as that. We have no choice but to play Martins everygame now. Let's see what happens with him playing alongside Viduka regularly then. We'll talk about this again in aaround four weeks.

So now he's as good as Drogba or Adebayor, it's just that he's playing with the wrong team mates?  By the way, Adebayor's touch pisses all over Martins'.  Please don't embarrass yourself by trying to say that Adebayor and Drogba "don't have the best touch or awareness" in an attempt to defend Martins.

you have to be kidding me if we ask Ash now how good adebayors touch is, he would say absolutely s****, his touch is f****** awful as is drogbas who knees it everywhere. also last season adebayor was absolutely awful he missed plenty of sitters, coincedence that he was on the bench last season alot (apart from when henry was injured), like martins, i think not.

Don't waste your breath. Motherfuckers got short memories on here.

Yo yo yo.  You be a straight up gangsta. :lol:

It's not my fault that he's third choice striker at the club, is it? If he carries on missing open goals, I'd start Smith ahead of him up front though, but at present I'm assuming Smith is starting in midfield.

What do you mean IF he carries on missing open goals? He's shite according to you, so why give him a chance to "carry on" to miss more open goals?

If Given was as good as is being reported tonight, surely he deserves to stay in the team this weekend?  Thats the reason not to pick him tonight unfortunately

Right now Given might not get another game until January, and if Allardyce sees the FA Cup as being a seriously important competition to us, he might not get another game this season if Harper stays fit.

In a seriously OTT and downbeat statement, Given might have played his last game for us tonight.

O0

True enough, he isn't s***. He has been playing that way recently though. I'm quite happy with us defensively and not overly worried about central midfield if we can get wide players who offer pace, passing, crossing and the ability to press the ball and full-backs. At the minute we can afford Charlie to learn as we arent going to win anything and he has some ability. The other one is never going to get there and sentiment goes out of the window. Nice lad, not good enough.

he is in shocking form, but he was for the first third of last season too. i seem to remember he picked up only when he had Solano playing behind him, and benefitting from his vision and long passing. don't think there's many other options for the right, geremi can play there but he's not exactly the most attacking player in the world. as i've been saying for a while, january is the time to get a right sided attacker in.

Won't disagree with that. Personally I'd like us to use Geremi there for now but not sure we will.

It's not my fault that he's third choice striker at the club, is it? If he carries on missing open goals, I'd start Smith ahead of him up front though, but at present I'm assuming Smith is starting in midfield.

What do you mean IF he carries on missing open goals? He's shite according to you, so why give him a chance to "carry on" to miss more open goals?

Jesus Christ lad, what are you on about?  I've conceded that he's third choice striker at the club.  I've registered my disapproval at this, and grudgingly said that he will have to start games in Owen's absence.  I'm firing up MSPaint in anticipation of your reply.

So as far back as Leeds then?

I wonder how many bookings he's picked up in the same time?

Cliché ALERT

Funny guy.

You really must be illiterate. Get a fuckin degree man! Can you read?

Never said he was as good. Never said his touch was exactly the same as Adebayor's touch. However, what I did say is that they are all the same types of players and not players of the same ability. You obviously didn't see much of Adebayor's touch when he first came, and even now at times.

Like I said we will talk about this again in a month or so. Hopefully you would have started taking reading lessons by then. Goodness me!

:lol:  Do you really want to play who's the most educated/qualified?  I read what you wrote.  You compared Martins' situation to that of two players who are in a different league to him.  The comparison doesn't work because of that.  Do you understand or do I need to knock something together on MSPaint?

Put those qualifications to use then. Interesting that you still haven't understood the post.

God some right doom mongers on here, we beat one of our rivals on Sunday then lose to a team full of quality youngesters playing at home with no pressure and a huge number of fans behind them and we're suddenly s***.

f*** a duck, we win a game we're f****** immense, we lose one and we're relegation fodder.

You've been posting on here long enough to know that the majority on here only exist at one end or the other of the Newcastle Online Delirium Spectrum.  Tonight is the turn of "deliriously unhappy". 

The sensible few capable of thought beyond this base level usually get drowned out by the mongs.

Martins is still s*** though.

Better than Milner though.

Yes of course he is Pie :lol:

Glad you saw the light  :lol: (another one for you) We gonna have that pint at the next match then or you not going again?

Sounds like you're "offering him out" to me.....

He's a hypocrite too? Its been a great night for him on the board  :lol:

Hypocrite? Mr Rants and Opinions who has acknowledged he has opinions on things he never sees? You might want to think that through  :lol: See above point with reference to the pint.

I'd happily meet you for a pint. I'll be in the trent beforehand next time i'm up. Come upstairs around 1 hour before kick off. Dark shaved head, fabulously good looking, you wont miss me.

If I'm not busy at xmas I'll happily do so.  :smitten:

You not going to Everton or Spurs?

Of course. Which ground are you sitting in for those? The Velodrome? Chaban Delmas? Parc des Princes? I hear the view from there is outstanding. Perhaps you could give us an update on what happens using your bullshit magical bullshit goggles?

I thought you wanted a pint? You've got the details, see you then. Bring your arsehole character with you too, sure you'll go down a storm.

Taking the piss out of someone for living abroad is immense humour btw. The only reason you know those stadiums is because of the rugby too. 

Really? You just made all of that up. I have seen football matches at all as it happens. Never seen Newcastle at one though other than Monaco which I didnt mention - long time ago. Liverpool vs PSG (Parc - free ticket 1996 or 7 iirc in the cup) and PSG in Bordeaux and Marseille (free tickets). I have also lived abroad. However, I didn't feel the need to tell people I had seen something I hadn't. Basically, I never felt the need to bullshit. Stop wriggling. You made something up and look to have little integrity? Thats your problem. You buying? You never did say which ground you would be watching the next home game from.

Uter snore-fest.

I said he should have scored a goal, that was the impression i got off the commentator and from then Gemmill. So the statement "Martins should have scored the chance in the second half" does it stand up to scrutiny with the facts? Was it a valid thing to say? You're the one that cant and wont walk away from this with integrity as everyone else can see what a prick you are being. Now you want to show off about seeing some games abroad to back up the fact that you have seen some stadium names on tv recently? Whatever, this nonsense does you no favours, the only reason i'm replying to you is to keep you occupied replying to me so the rest of the board can enjoy posting without you being a cock.

Oh and btw, admitting you've only been to one game with us abroad just kicked you straight off the super-fan list. Even a lad who only goes to french stadiums has seen far more of our away trips. In fact i'd hazard a fuck load more  :lol:

Cliché ALERT

Funny guy.

Never said he was as good. Never said his touch was exactly the same as Adebayor's touch. However, what I did say is that they are all the same types of players and not players of the same ability. You obviously didn't see much of Adebayor's touch when he first came, and even now at times.

Like I said we will talk about this again in a month or so. Hopefully you would have started taking reading lessons by then. Goodness me!

:lol:  Do you really want to play who's the most educated/qualified?  I read what you wrote.  You compared Martins' situation to that of two players who are in a different league to him.  The comparison doesn't work because of that.  Do you understand or do I need to knock something together on MSPaint?

Put those qualifications to use then. Interesting that you still haven't understood the post.

I understood it.  You fail to understand the implication of comparing Martins to Adebayor and Drogba though. 

done a quick search on soccerbase, something like 26/27 bookings in the same period!  :yikes:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/790000/images/_792543_smith_jones300.jpg

tbh. :lol:

Baggio:  That Alan Smiff eh?

TT:  Whozat then?

Baggio:  Blonde bloke.....never scores...

TT:  What, the one who gets booked a lot?

Cliché ALERT

Funny guy.

I understood it.  You fail to understand the implication of comparing Martins to Adebayor and Drogba though. 

Wow.

This is getting really long now so if you can just do one thing to help me understand you, we can then put this to rest.

Point out exactly where I said he was as good as Adebayor and Drogba please. Thanks.

Couldn't be arsed to read the last few pages but saying Martins is shit is just as bad as claiming he is one of the best strikers in the league.

He is a good (no fantastic) striker who over a season will score a few goals and maybe get a few assists. His touch can be fantastic it can be absolutely woeful but he isn't a shit player.

People do have it in for certain players early on and it makes them overreact to everything little thing they have done wrong because they feel it proves them right.

done a quick search on soccerbase, something like 26/27 bookings in the same period!  :yikes:

I thought it would of been double that, calming down in his old age i see.

Where as that picture the Fish posted of you on toontastic has you looking like Gonch Gardner from Grange Hill.

Cliché ALERT

Funny guy.

Wow.

This is getting really long now so if you can just do one thing to help me understand you, we can then put this to rest.

Point out exactly where I said he was as good as Adebayor and Drogba please. Thanks.

zzzzz....you made the comparison.  I cannot be arsed to hold your hand and walk you through how comparing very good players that maybe didn't start their time off at their respective clubs all that well, to a decidedly average player who scored a few goals last season but ultimately is not a very good player is a comparison that doesn't work.

Ask your mates about it tomorrow on the big red fun bus.  I've got a reading lesson in the morning and need to get to bed.

Where as that picture the Fish posted of you on toontastic has you looking like Gonch Gardner from Grange Hill.

Oooo Baggio's getting feisty.