Arsenal 2 - 0 Newcastle (Carling Cup) - 25/09/07

Newcastle Fan

If Shola had stayed on for 90 minutes, Martins wouldn't be getting anywhere near the amount of stick he's getting now

We all agreed that Shola is fucking shit and shouldn't be allowed to play for the team again, ever. its just that our hopes today were on Martins and he was a major let down.

I still can't understand why Smith isn't being used upfront instead of that donkey Shola.

God some right doom mongers on here, we beat one of our rivals on Sunday then lose to a team full of quality youngesters playing at home with no pressure and a huge number of fans behind them and we're suddenly s***.

f*** a duck, we win a game we're f****** immense, we lose one and we're relegation fodder.

You've been posting on here long enough to know that the majority on here only exist at one end or the other of the Newcastle Online Delirium Spectrum.  Tonight is the turn of "deliriously unhappy". 

The sensible few capable of thought beyond this base level usually get drowned out by the mongs.

Martins is still s*** though.

Better than Milner though.

Yes of course he is Pie :lol:

Glad you saw the light  :lol: (another one for you) We gonna have that pint at the next match then or you not going again?

Sounds like you're "offering him out" to me.....

He's a hypocrite too? Its been a great night for him on the board  :lol:

Hypocrite? Mr Rants and Opinions who has acknowledged he has opinions on things he never sees? You might want to think that through  :lol: See above point with reference to the pint.

i'll fuckin take that whale out back and show him where coffee cans get the nickname black sabbath

I agree with this tbh.

i won't hesitate to abuse you either

Bring it, fish face!

did you get that cork from a bottle of wine or is it always in your mouth ass-hat

Thats disappointing.

Denilsons goal was a corker.

Martins couldn't of done any better with his cleared attempt btw.

:lol: Well.......apart from scoring.  I think that would have been better.

Unless he put it top corner with, but a player on form would of been lucky to get that right. It was a difficult angle and the defender was in full pace, nothing he could of done apart from hit it a bit harder.

Hit it a bit harder.  Yeah that's all I would have hoped for too.  But you said he couldn't have done anything more.  Top corner really wasn't necessary btw, this is Philipe Senderos we're talking about, not Billy Whiz.

Well he couldn't, its was a difficult chance, there's no shame in missing it. Making out like someone else could of put it away is wrong, he got into that position, Owen couldn't Viduka certainly couldn't and neither could Ameobi all for different reasons. There's being critical, such as his miss at the weekend, then there's jsut being plain daft towards a player for complaining about missing a tough shot.

Martins is having another good game, I see.  Defo should be starting him ahead of Owen when they're both fit.

helpful

:lol: Short of getting on the pitch, there's not a lot I can do to help mate.  It's the internet.

You on the pitch? As what a f****** streaker?  :lol:

:lol: Cheeky fucker.

But seriously though, I've said it before and I'll say it again:  that lad is a poor man's Yakubu.  I'm sick of hearing people tell me how I've got an irrational hatred of him blah blah.  I haven't.  He's just not very good at all.

Its a fine line between being not very good and excellent. He should have put that away and has the ability to do so too.

Is it on the telly over there?

You're a massive snore-fest arent you.  :lol:

No, it just sounded like he should have scored it, it was the phrases "rounds the keeper" and "doesnt really connect with it" and "cleared off the line" that were the big clues.

Not what I heard here. Thought you might have saw it rather than bullshitting. (again)

Its have 'seen' it if we are pedantic wankers.

I was listening on world. Which bullshitting are you referring to snore-boy?

Snore-boy? From a fella who pontificates about something he never sees? Interesting point from one so opinionated. Mind you, seems you just accepted the title of bullshitter by actions rather than words. Anymore opinions and rants to report?

Excellent, sealed you own fate as being the most pedantic, hypocritical, boring wanker on the board. Well done. Something i never see? From my seat in the Gallowgate, although the view is a bit obscured (scoreboard  :coolsmiley:) i see plenty.

i'll fuckin take that whale out back and show him where coffee cans get the nickname black sabbath

I agree with this tbh.

i won't hesitate to abuse you either

Bring it, fish face!

did you get that cork from a bottle of wine or is it always in your mouth ass-hat

Thats disappointing.

can i say.... so was your mummy

Speaking of Owen, a leading consultant has criticized Newcastle handling of his injury. Its just coming on SSN now.

Owen wouldn't have it any other way apparently. He wanted to delay it the England loving twat.  :lol:

By the way, I doubt you'd be being anywhere near as charitable if it was injury-prone-England-loving Michael Owen that had just missed his second open goal in a matter of days.  He fucking rolled it towards the goal tonight when he should have put his boot through it, and he put his boot through it on Sunday when all he needed to do was roll it in. 

You've just copied that off toontastic. :lol:

Eh?

:lol: Well.......apart from scoring.  I think that would have been better.

Unless he put it top corner with, but a player on form would of been lucky to get that right. It was a difficult angle and the defender was in full pace, nothing he could of done apart from hit it a bit harder.

Hit it a bit harder.  Yeah that's all I would have hoped for too.  But you said he couldn't have done anything more.  Top corner really wasn't necessary btw, this is Philipe Senderos we're talking about, not Billy Whiz.

Well he couldn't, its was a difficult chance, there's no shame in missing it. Making out like someone else could of put it away is wrong, he got into that position, Owen couldn't Viduka certainly couldn't and neither could Ameobi all for different reasons. There's being critical, such as his miss at the weekend, then there's jsut being plain daft towards a player for complaining about missing a tough shot.

I haven't seen it but I think he should have scored it. That is my opinion based on fuck all. Thanks.

By the way, I doubt you'd be being anywhere near as charitable if it was injury-prone-England-loving Michael Owen that had just missed his second open goal in a matter of days.  He fucking rolled it towards the goal tonight when he should have put his boot through it, and he put his boot through it on Sunday when all he needed to do was roll it in. 

He'd have to be fit enough 1st for that, which is a near miracle so i couldn't possibly comment.

:lol: So Owen is the most to blame cos he wasn't even fit to miss an open goal, the little England loving shit.

I wouldn't know, i can't comment on player who missed the best part of two seasons, sorry.

By the way, I doubt you'd be being anywhere near as charitable if it was injury-prone-England-loving Michael Owen that had just missed his second open goal in a matter of days.  He f****** rolled it towards the goal tonight when he should have put his boot through it, and he put his boot through it on Sunday when all he needed to do was roll it in. 

couldnt agree more, thats why owen is world class and martins is run of the mill, the top teams have players that will stand up when counted wether that be physically or mentally, martins doesnt have that hence the glaring misses followed by the odd cracker.top players score important goals at important times owen does it time and time again. martins?

Speaking of Owen, a leading consultant has criticized Newcastle handling of his injury. Its just coming on SSN now.

His current one, or the one where we gave him a year's worth of rehab?

The current one. Although i'm sure he rushed straight back into the England games and tried to put it off until after the next England games.

[at least we got geremi, viduka and butt a rest while getting emre back into the fold. though i have been talking a s*** ton of s*** on emre's shittyness lately.  given sounded top class, we've got a real goalkeeping battle on our hands

God some right doom mongers on here, we beat one of our rivals on Sunday then lose to a team full of quality youngesters playing at home with no pressure and a huge number of fans behind them and we're suddenly s***.

f*** a duck, we win a game we're f****** immense, we lose one and we're relegation fodder.

You've been posting on here long enough to know that the majority on here only exist at one end or the other of the Newcastle Online Delirium Spectrum.  Tonight is the turn of "deliriously unhappy". 

The sensible few capable of thought beyond this base level usually get drowned out by the mongs.

Glad you saw the light  :lol: (another one for you) We gonna have that pint at the next match then or you not going again?

Hypocrite? Mr Rants and Opinions who has acknowledged he has opinions on things he never sees? You might want to think that through  :lol: See above point with reference to the pint.

I'd happily meet you for a pint. I'll be in the trent beforehand next time i'm up. Come upstairs around 1 hour before kick off. Dark shaved head, fabulously good looking, you wont miss me.

Eh?

Just twigged what you're on about.  I would have thought it would have occured to anyone with a brain that the lad's poor decision making in front of goal has been laid bare by the last couple of games.  Not much point in me posting it on Toontastic if someone else has already pointed it out though.

Eh?

The part I've highlighted you've clearly copied what someone's posted on toontastic.

Have you seen the miss btw or are you going off what you've heard on the radio, read on the forum?

didn't owen miss a similar chance for england? rounded the keeper, open goal, misses. seem to remember most saying he wasn't match fit  and that extra sharpness would've helped in that situation. which is of course correct. with martins it looks like a problem of confidence, being too eager to please. as i said last season when he missed chances against everton, it is good that he is getting into the positions in the first place, especially since he is doing a lot of it by himself. when he has a run of games i'm sure he'll be more clinical, as he was in the middle part of last season.

Eh?

The part I've highlighted you've clearly copied what someone's posted on toontastic.

Have you seen the miss btw or are you going off what you've heard on the radio, read on the forum?

I've seen it thanks.

The other part of your post, i.e. ZOMG you and someone else have thought the same thing, so you must have copied it, I've addressed above.

I'd happily meet you for a pint. I'll be in the trent beforehand next time i'm up. Come upstairs around 1 hour before kick off. Dark shaved head, fabulously good looking, you wont miss me.

This is sounding like a date.

:coolsmiley:

We are putting together a new team. Some of the players tonight have hardly played 3 games for us. We will get better as games go on. From what FiveLive were saying, Taylor, Enrique, Given and Rozenhal all had good games and we were holding out against constant pressure for 80 mins. In my opinion our problem is in the centre of midfield where we are struggling to control games. Hopefully this will change when Barton is fit, but we have time to sort it. Sam will improve the areas which need improved in the next transfer window. We need time for players to settle and for our team to gel, as well as learning what a new manager expects. No need for the over reactions. We have time on our hands and our league start has been fairly decent.

We were in for a hiding to nothing tonight playing Arsenal. They may have made alot of changes but they didnt that last year, won at Anfield and went on to make the final.

Martins is having another good game, I see.  Defo should be starting him ahead of Owen when they're both fit.

helpful

:lol: Short of getting on the pitch, there's not a lot I can do to help mate.  It's the internet.

You on the pitch? As what a f****** streaker?  :lol:

:lol: Cheeky fucker.

But seriously though, I've said it before and I'll say it again:  that lad is a poor man's Yakubu.  I'm sick of hearing people tell me how I've got an irrational hatred of him blah blah.  I haven't.  He's just not very good at all.

Its a fine line between being not very good and excellent. He should have put that away and has the ability to do so too.

Is it on the telly over there?

You're a massive snore-fest arent you.  :lol:

No, it just sounded like he should have scored it, it was the phrases "rounds the keeper" and "doesnt really connect with it" and "cleared off the line" that were the big clues.

Not what I heard here. Thought you might have saw it rather than bullshitting. (again)

Its have 'seen' it if we are pedantic wankers.

I was listening on world. Which bullshitting are you referring to snore-boy?

Snore-boy? From a fella who pontificates about something he never sees? Interesting point from one so opinionated. Mind you, seems you just accepted the title of bullshitter by actions rather than words. Anymore opinions and rants to report?

Excellent, sealed you own fate as being the most pedantic, hypocritical, boring w****** on the board. Well done. Something i never see? From my seat in the Gallowgate, although the view is a bit obscured (scoreboard  :coolsmiley:) i see plenty.

Really? You amuse me. You saw that miss from Martins tonight from your seat in the Gallowgate? Via Boredeaux (see what I did there?)

Now that sounds like bullshitting to me.