Arsenal 2 - 0 Newcastle (Carling Cup) - 25/09/07

Newcastle Fan

Btw...

YOU'RE'S ALL ASS-HATS!

Your a combination of these everyone!

http://people.ucsc.edu/~kfeinste/felting_files/hat002.jpg

http://www.dkimages.com/discover/previews/1004/50242917.JPG

God some right doom mongers on here, we beat one of our rivals on Sunday then lose to a team full of quality youngesters playing at home with no pressure and a huge number of fans behind them and we're suddenly s***.

f*** a duck, we win a game we're f****** immense, we lose one and we're relegation fodder.

You've been posting on here long enough to know that the majority on here only exist at one end or the other of the Newcastle Online Delirium Spectrum.  Tonight is the turn of "deliriously unhappy". 

The sensible few capable of thought beyond this base level usually get drowned out by the mongs.

Martins is still s*** though.

Better than Milner though.

Yes of course he is Pie :lol:

Glad you saw the light  :lol: (another one for you) We gonna have that pint at the next match then or you not going again?

Sounds like you're "offering him out" to me.....

He's a hypocrite too? Its been a great night for him on the board  :lol:

Hypocrite? Mr Rants and Opinions who has acknowledged he has opinions on things he never sees? You might want to think that through  :lol: See above point with reference to the pint.

I'd happily meet you for a pint. I'll be in the trent beforehand next time i'm up. Come upstairs around 1 hour before kick off. Dark shaved head, fabulously good looking, you wont miss me.

If I'm not busy at xmas I'll happily do so.  :smitten:

Martins should have got the first one i thought, but the second one was a very good clearance off the line, no fault of martins it was going in, just class defending. Everyone goes on about Owen needing games and this s***, but martins has played less than Owen this season (scored more goals too) but nobody ever goes on about martins needing games to get his sharpness back, quite unfair really, and i'd rather have a striker that gets these chances than others that don't a la Ameobi.

Excellent point! When Owen came back and was fluffing chances it was all about Owen needing a run of games, but martins is expected to just do the business right away.

We have to accept that he is a different type of player yes and can be careless at times but he is still a very dangerous attacking player and when his confidence is high and he is playing regularly he is great. Sam needs to put his arm round him as he will probably be pretty low after tonight we need to keep his spirits up.

God knows tissue paper man ain't coming to the rescue anytime soon. Busy faffing around with more surgical instruments in Munich.

Point of order:  I've never seen Martins string together a run of performances I would refer to as "great".  I love the way Owen gets ripped to fucking bits for being an excellent player that's injury prone, whilst Martins is lauded for being decidedly average and fit.

You are confusing two different scenarios tbh. Owen is the world class finisher, but he doesn't play much. Martins is erratic but if Owen isn't fit, who would you rather play up front from our current squad?

Cliché ALERT

I'd rather Martins was getting into the positions in the first place to miss them than not getting there at all, like Shola. He'll score some of them.

I'd rather we got someone better in and people stopped trying to kid themselves that this lad is anything special.  Seriously, there are people that think that this kid is a TOP talent.  It's fucking ludicrous.

Not having a go at you btw Dave, it just astounds me when I watch this kid play, the reputation he has with some of our fans.

Martins missed a chance, we all know that and im angry aswell that he missed, but as ive cooled down abit im just gonna say he made a mistake, he is still the guy who saved us from relegation last season, still the guy who got 17 goals in a shit team with a shit setup. Tonight was simply not his fault, i remember him having about 3 or 4 chances, and tonights defeat falls in one place, and its the usual place, the midfield. Its not Smith and Butt just arnt creative players, Milner had a bad game tonight fair enough but with our midfield we had zero creativity and i doubt anyone expected the chances to come flying by.

The only thing i can say is forget about tonight, its over and done with, look at the positives, we have Emre fit again and we have Barton coming back. All i can say is dont expect too much from our side at the moment, we are in transition, our midfield consists of defensive minded players, when Barton and Emre get match fit we may be more creative, but im looking to January and have been for weeks, that is the time when we really need to hunt for a playmaker to give our top class strike force some quality service.

We are putting together a new team. Some of the players tonight have hardly played 3 games for us. We will get better as games go on. From what FiveLive were saying, Taylor, Enrique, Given and Rozenhal all had good games and we were holding out against constant pressure for 80 mins. In my opinion our problem is in the centre of midfield where we are struggling to control games. Hopefully this will change when Barton is fit, but we have time to sort it. Sam will improve the areas which need improved in the next transfer window. We need time for players to settle and for our team to gel, as well as learning what a new manager expects. No need for the over reactions. We have time on our hands and our league start has been fairly decent.

We were in for a hiding to nothing tonight playing Arsenal. They may have made alot of changes but they didnt that last year, won at Anfield and went on to make the final.

i don't think barton will help us keep possession any better, that not what he's about.

Once I saw Ameobi's name on the teamsheet I know whats the outcome of the match is already.Well,Im disappointed that we lose to 2 late goals but we still have the FA Cup to play for.

Really? You amuse me. You saw that miss from Martins tonight from your seat in the Gallowgate? Via Boredeaux (see what I did there?)

Now that sounds like bullshitting to me.

You said 'opinions on things i never see'. Try putting the phrase 'i never see' next to 'martin's chance to score tonight' and form a sentence that doesnt make you look like an idiot.

Know nowt. Heard we lost. Was always gonna be difficult.

They scored, we didn't. Martins missed a sitter that someone saw from the Gallowgate. Half the away end texted Century Radio.

Martins should have got the first one i thought, but the second one was a very good clearance off the line, no fault of martins it was going in, just class defending. Everyone goes on about Owen needing games and this s***, but martins has played less than Owen this season (scored more goals too) but nobody ever goes on about martins needing games to get his sharpness back, quite unfair really, and i'd rather have a striker that gets these chances than others that don't a la Ameobi.

Excellent point! When Owen came back and was fluffing chances it was all about Owen needing a run of games, but martins is expected to just do the business right away.

We have to accept that he is a different type of player yes and can be careless at times but he is still a very dangerous attacking player and when his confidence is high and he is playing regularly he is great. Sam needs to put his arm round him as he will probably be pretty low after tonight we need to keep his spirits up.

God knows tissue paper man ain't coming to the rescue anytime soon. Busy faffing around with more surgical instruments in Munich.

Point of order:  I've never seen Martins string together a run of performances I would refer to as "great".  I love the way Owen gets ripped to fucking bits for being an excellent player that's injury prone, whilst Martins is lauded for being decidedly average and fit.

You are confusing two different scenarios tbh. Owen is the world class finisher, but he doesn't play much. Martins is erratic but if Owen isn't fit, who would you rather play up front from our current squad?

I've said elsewhere, Martins plays by default.  That doesn't make him good enough or me happy about it though.

Guest nittany11

Here's the ages of the arsenal lineup that played tonight if anyone's curious:

fabianski - 21

song - 19

senderos - 22

hoyte - 22

traore - 17

walcott - 18

eboue - 24

diarra - 22

denilson - 18

eduardo - 24

bendtner - 19

subs

diaby - 21

merida - 17

no real first team starters (senderos has been playing due to gallas's injury and eduardo is behind van persie and adebayor in the pecking order) but some good players nonetheless.

Really? You amuse me. You saw that miss from Martins tonight from your seat in the Gallowgate? Via Boredeaux (see what I did there?)

Now that sounds like bullshitting to me.

You said 'opinions on things i never see'. Try putting the phrase 'i never see' next to 'martin's chance to score tonight' and form a sentence that doesnt make you look like an idiot.

I think you're struggling with this one Chez. No shame in getting your head stuck up your own arse son. You didn't see it, you wrote in a manner that suggested you had. Looked like bullshit. It was indeed bullshit. Stop wriggling.

God some right doom mongers on here, we beat one of our rivals on Sunday then lose to a team full of quality youngesters playing at home with no pressure and a huge number of fans behind them and we're suddenly s***.

f*** a duck, we win a game we're f****** immense, we lose one and we're relegation fodder.

You've been posting on here long enough to know that the majority on here only exist at one end or the other of the Newcastle Online Delirium Spectrum.  Tonight is the turn of "deliriously unhappy". 

The sensible few capable of thought beyond this base level usually get drowned out by the mongs.

Glad you saw the light  :lol: (another one for you) We gonna have that pint at the next match then or you not going again?

Hypocrite? Mr Rants and Opinions who has acknowledged he has opinions on things he never sees? You might want to think that through  :lol: See above point with reference to the pint.

I'd happily meet you for a pint. I'll be in the trent beforehand next time i'm up. Come upstairs around 1 hour before kick off. Dark shaved head, fabulously good looking, you wont miss me.

You not going to Everton or Spurs?

Once I saw Ameobi's name on the teamsheet I know whats the outcome of the match is already.Well,Im disappointed that we lose to 2 late goals but we still have the FA Cup to play for.

You know the board's gone fucking mental when Ridz is the voice of reason...

Seriously - the amount of people who've turned into complete arseholes in the last hour is unbelievable.  :rolleyes:

You know the board's gone fucking mental when Ridz is the voice of reason...

Seriously - the amount of people who've turned into complete arseholes in the last hour is unbelievable.  :rolleyes:

List them tbh. :razz:

Martins remains shit.

Cliché ALERT

I'd rather Martins was getting into the positions in the first place to miss them than not getting there at all, like Shola. He'll score some of them.

You can blame Allardyce for Martin losing his touch. The amount of time he's been warming the bench while we wait for "White Elephant" Owen to blow up again.....

Besides - I said it would be Arsenal Reserves 2 Newcastle 0.

Cliché ALERT

You can blame Allardyce for Martin losing his touch. The amount of time he's been warming the bench while we wait for "White Elephant" Owen to blow up again.....

:lol: He "lost" his touch in customs on his way over from Milan tbf.  That's assuming he had one in Italy.

Cliché ALERT

I'd rather we got someone better in and people stopped trying to kid themselves that this lad is anything special.  Seriously, there are people that think that this kid is a TOP talent.  It's f****** ludicrous.

Not having a go at you btw Dave, it just astounds me when I watch this kid play, the reputation he has with some of our fans.

Were his 17 goals last seasona fluke then? Playing alongside Sibierski and Dyer? God gove me strength. You go and have a look over the goals he has scored for Newcastle and come back and tell me he can't finish.

His situation reminds me of Adebayor's situation at Arsenal. All my friends who support Arsenal kept telling me he was crap and just like Shola and I kept telling them he just needed to play regularly and I would happily swap Shola for him anyday. They always laughed at me about it.

This season they're wetting themselves over him the twats. Pisses me off something propa.

You not going to Everton or Spurs?

Of course. Which ground are you sitting in for those? The Velodrome? Chaban Delmas? Parc des Princes? I hear the view from there is outstanding. Perhaps you could give us an update on what happens using your magical bullshit goggles?

Cliché ALERT

:lol: He "lost" his touch in customs on his way over from Milan tbf.  That's assuming he had one in Italy.

Sorry Gemmill, but that's an absolute load of shite