Arsenal 2 - 0 Newcastle (Carling Cup) - 25/09/07

Newcastle Fan

Once I saw Ameobi's name on the teamsheet I know whats the outcome of the match is already.Well,Im disappointed that we lose to 2 late goals but we still have the FA Cup to play for.

You know the board's gone fucking mental when Ridz is the voice of reason...

Seriously - the amount of people who've turned into complete arseholes in the last hour is unbelievable.  :rolleyes:

List them tbh. :razz:

Martins remains shit.

I'll let people make their own lists... :)

(wasn't directed at you btw.)

Cliché ALERT

I'd rather Martins was getting into the positions in the first place to miss them than not getting there at all, like Shola. He'll score some of them.

I'd rather we got someone better in and people stopped trying to kid themselves that this lad is anything special.  Seriously, there are people that think that this kid is a TOP talent.  It's f****** ludicrous.

Not having a go at you btw Dave, it just astounds me when I watch this kid play, the reputation he has with some of our fans.

Were his 17 goals last seasona fluke then? Playing alongside Sibierski and Dyer? God gove me strength. You go and have a look over the goals he has scored for Newcastle and come back and tell me he can't finish.

His situation reminds me of Adebayor's situation at Arsenal. All my friends who support Arsenal kept telling me he was crap and just like Shola and I kept telling them he just needed to play regularly and I would happily swap Shola for him anyday. They always laughed at me about it.

This season they're wetting themselves over him the twats. Pisses me off something propa.

I don't need to hear about the conversations you have with your mates at the back of the special bus tbh. :razz:

Cliché ALERT

I'd rather Martins was getting into the positions in the first place to miss them than not getting there at all, like Shola. He'll score some of them.

You can blame Allardyce for Martin losing his touch. The amount of time he's been warming the bench while we wait for "White Elephant" Owen to blow up again.....

Besides - I said it would be Arsenal Reserves 2 Newcastle 0.

:lol: He "lost" his touch in customs on his way over from Milan tbf.  That's assuming he had one in Italy.

Sorry Gemmill, but that's an absolute load of shite

His touch is fucking dreadful.  Even some of the people that claim he's class will concede that.

On ther game itself tonight, once I saw the team selection I didn't fancy our chances much. We fell between two stools with that line up. Instead of dropping either/or Butt and Geremi we dropped both in the one match we needed genuine midfielders with physical presence. Then Ameobi is picked up front while Smith flounders in midfield next to Faye in a "let's see if this works..." experiment.

Martins isn't too bad, does well against the shit teams but he really needs a manager who can see his flaws and try to work on them.

That's a full time job tbf.

It's often shite. It's often fine.

:lol: So it ranges from shite to "fine".  You couldn't quite bring yourself to say good, could you. :lol:

"It's often shite, and it's sometimes..........alright....ish." :razz:

On ther game itself tonight, once I saw the team selection I didn't fancy our chances much. We fell between two stools with that line up. Instead of dropping either/or Butt and Geremi we dropped both in the one match we needed genuine midfielders with physical presence. Then Ameobi is picked up front while Smith flounders in midfield next to Faye in a "let's see if this works..." experiment.

Cliché ALERT

I'd rather we got someone better in and people stopped trying to kid themselves that this lad is anything special.  Seriously, there are people that think that this kid is a TOP talent.  It's f****** ludicrous.

Not having a go at you btw Dave, it just astounds me when I watch this kid play, the reputation he has with some of our fans.

Were his 17 goals last seasona fluke then? Playing alongside Sibierski and Dyer? God gove me strength. You go and have a look over the goals he has scored for Newcastle and come back and tell me he can't finish.

His situation reminds me of Adebayor's situation at Arsenal. All my friends who support Arsenal kept telling me he was crap and just like Shola and I kept telling them he just needed to play regularly and I would happily swap Shola for him anyday. They always laughed at me about it.

This season they're wetting themselves over him the twats. Pisses me off something propa.

I don't need to hear about the conversations you have with your mates at the back of the special bus tbh. :razz:

Funny guy.

I just don't like fickle people. Had either Drogba or Adebayor come to Newcastle you would have been the sort to run them out after their first season. Both similar players to Martins. Speed, athletic ability and power, but not the best touch or awareness. Surround them with the right players and play them often enough and they will be very productive though.

Simple as that. We have no choice but to play Martins everygame now. Let's see what happens with him playing alongside Viduka regularly then. We'll talk about this again in aaround four weeks.

Cliché ALERT

You can blame Allardyce for Martin losing his touch. The amount of time he's been warming the bench while we wait for "White Elephant" Owen to blow up again.....

Besides - I said it would be Arsenal Reserves 2 Newcastle 0.

:lol: He "lost" his touch in customs on his way over from Milan tbf.  That's assuming he had one in Italy.

Sorry Gemmill, but that's an absolute load of s****

His touch is f****** dreadful.  Even some of the people that claim he's class will concede that.

Think you go over the top but he is limited. However, he is one of the few who can do something on his own. Not good enough but thats the same for a fair few others. Basically the team is in a state of transition and we have a lot of shipping in and out to do. Hopefully the likes of Milner and Martins will soon be history and be replaced by footballers.

God some right doom mongers on here, we beat one of our rivals on Sunday then lose to a team full of quality youngesters playing at home with no pressure and a huge number of fans behind them and we're suddenly s***.

f*** a duck, we win a game we're f****** immense, we lose one and we're relegation fodder.

You've been posting on here long enough to know that the majority on here only exist at one end or the other of the Newcastle Online Delirium Spectrum.  Tonight is the turn of "deliriously unhappy". 

The sensible few capable of thought beyond this base level usually get drowned out by the mongs.

Martins is still s*** though.

Better than Milner though.

Yes of course he is Pie :lol:

Glad you saw the light  :lol: (another one for you) We gonna have that pint at the next match then or you not going again?

Sounds like you're "offering him out" to me.....

He's a hypocrite too? Its been a great night for him on the board  :lol:

Hypocrite? Mr Rants and Opinions who has acknowledged he has opinions on things he never sees? You might want to think that through  :lol: See above point with reference to the pint.

I'd happily meet you for a pint. I'll be in the trent beforehand next time i'm up. Come upstairs around 1 hour before kick off. Dark shaved head, fabulously good looking, you wont miss me.

If I'm not busy at xmas I'll happily do so.  :smitten:

You not going to Everton or Spurs?

Of course. Which ground are you sitting in for those? The Velodrome? Chaban Delmas? Parc des Princes? I hear the view from there is outstanding. Perhaps you could give us an update on what happens using your bullshit magical bullshit goggles?

I thought you wanted a pint? You've got the details, see you then. Bring your arsehole character with you too, sure you'll go down a storm.

Taking the piss out of someone for living abroad is immense humour btw. The only reason you know those stadiums is because of the rugby too. 

Milner has been poor so far this season.

Not really no. Just last two games (arsenal one included).

Seriously, he has been utter shite. Complete and utter shite.

Anyway talking of over rated players, Milner has been poor so far this season.

I disagree, he really looked like the only player that can actually create something without the need to punch or kick other teams players.

He's been poor in the last 2-3 games.

I disagree, he really looked like the only player that can actually create something without the need to punch or kick other teams players.

But not this whole season.

Cliché ALERT

Funny guy.

I just don't like fickle people. Had either Drogba or Adebayor come to Newcastle you would have been the sort to run them out after their first season. Both similar players to Martins. Speed, athletic ability and power, but not the best touch or awareness. Surround them with the right players and play them often enough and they will be very productive though.

Simple as that. We have no choice but to play Martins everygame now. Let's see what happens with him playing alongside Viduka regularly then. We'll talk about this again in aaround four weeks.

So now he's as good as Drogba or Adebayor, it's just that he's playing with the wrong team mates?  By the way, Adebayor's touch pisses all over Martins'.  Please don't embarrass yourself by trying to say that Adebayor and Drogba "don't have the best touch or awareness" in an attempt to defend Martins.

But not this whole season.

Nope, not the whole season.

Martins clearly doesnt have adeybayor's  footballing brain though, even if he didnt score goals he contributed to arsenals flowing attacks, martins ball at feet, look down for 5 minutes gets out of feat then dribbles, quickly ball goes back under feet, gets tackled looks at fans/ground apologetically/throws bitch fit, fellow team mate looks on in 30 yards of space.

repeat on a regulat basis throughout 90 mins.

it doesnt matter if you have all the raw attributes, if ya thick as S**t you wnt be good enough to get were us as fans demand the club gets back to.

Nothing else to say than simply no. That is not true. Only been poor last couple of games.

Pie, we know you don't like Milner, (who was our best player last season, or are we not allowed to mention that?), please don't feel the need to say he's shite every single fucking time someone else mentions his name