Arsenal 2 - 0 Newcastle (Carling Cup) - 25/09/07

Newcastle Fan

--------------------Given

Beye    Taylor  Rozhenal    Jose Enrique

------Alan Smith  Abdoulaye Faye

Milner                                    N' Zogbia

---------Martins      Ameobi

Oh my you people are right... Allardyce will start Shola won't he, it's nailed on. I can already feel the positivity from yesterday being sucked  out!

Is this all part of his plan to keep our feet on the ground and our expectations low?

Guest Arsenal Ref

Yep, like a couple of others have said, we'll play an almost completely different XI to that which started on Saturday. Gilberto's had the last 2 games off, so I suspect him to start, but in defence. Senderos may also play, as may Eduardo. Wenger has gaurenteed Fabianski, Diarra, Bendtner and Denilson will start. So I suspect it'll be:

------------Fabianski-----------------

Hoyte---Gilberto--Senderos--Traore

Walcott---Song---Diarra---Denilson

---------Eduardo--Bendtner----------

With the likes of Nordtvelt and Diaby on the bench.

I think it'll really be a tough game for us, and given that you'll field a stronger side, I'd put you as slight favourites. I'm going, and I hope it's a lot closer than the Derby game was, as that got a bit boring after a while, just waiting for the next goal!  ;D

Yep, like a couple of others have said, we'll play an almost completely different XI to that which started on Saturday. Gilberto's had the last 2 games off, so I suspect him to start, but in defence. Senderos may also play, as may Eduardo. Wenger has gaurenteed Fabianski, Diarra, Bendtner and Denilson will start. So I suspect it'll be:

I think it'll really be a tough game for us, and given that you'll field a stronger side, I'd put you as slight favourites. I'm going, and I hope it's a lot closer than the Derby game was, as that got a bit boring after a while, just waiting for the next goal!  ;D

am i right or wrong in saying that senderos is absolute dogshite? and also would wenger not play any of your first teamers at all? eg fabregas, toure, vpersie?

Are you ProfGooner from the BFF?

would be a great win for us even with arsenal blooding many youngsters as it is on the road and although they may be young damnit if they don't have game. 

SAM Allardyce is expected to shuffle his pack with United facing what will be their second fixture in just over 48 hours.

Michael Owen (groin) and Claudio Cacapa (groin) are both ruled out having picked up injuries in the 3-1 win over West Ham on Sunday.

Mark Viduka took a kick to the foot in the second-half against the Hammers but should be OK for the trip to the Emirates.

Stephen Carr, Celestine Babayaro, Joey Barton, Damien Duff and Peter Ramage remain long-term absentees.

Emre is ready to return after picking up a slight groin strain during the international break, while the game could also mark a full debut for Abdoulaye Faye.

Arsene Wenger was without Alexander Hleb (knee), Tomas Rosicky (hamstring),William Gallas (groin), Jens Lehmann (elbow) and Emmanuel Eboue (ankle) for Saturday's 6-0 demolition of Derby.

And the Gunners boss has said that Nicklas Bendtner, Lassana Diarra, Denilson, Justin Hoyte, Alex Song, Eduardo, Abou Diaby, Armand Traore and Lukasz Fabianski are all likely to feature at some point.

While Eboue (ankle) also has a chance of playing.

ARSENE Wenger will ring the usual changes for the Carling Cup tie with Newcastle United at Emirates Stadium on Tuesday.

The Arsenal manager will rest almost all of his first-team regulars and will give a run-out to squad players and youngsters for the Third Round clash.

"You will see Nicklas Bendtner, Lassana Diarra and Denilson," said the French coach.

"Maybe Emmanuel Eboue (ankle) will be coming back as well.

"You'll see Justin Hoyte and Alex Song and maybe Eduardo and Abou Diaby.

"Then there is Armand Traore and Lukasz Fabianski who we have not seen a lot of so far. We have sold out and we will put out a good team. We want to give the opportunity to our fans to see some unfamiliar faces."