If you thought the women were bad

gray

Guest optimistic nit

i don't see why gay people deserve their own competition when frank lampard, graeme le saux, jermaine jeenas and sol campbell have all played for Englands straight XI.

I understand that it can be annoying when some gay people make such a huge deal out of their sexuality (parodied in Little Britain for example). Especially when you do your best not to make it seem like sexuality is any kind of a deal. But I don't see why any minority group wouldn't want to have an event dedicated to itself. A chance to meet likeminded people and have some fun. I'm sure there are gay players playing in teams of otherwise straight men, but I can see why gay men may want to group together in a club. It's only natural to group together if you're a minority. I imagine lots of gay people may be very interested in this, and as such it's perfectly valid. Especially as in football there is so much mindless bigotry directed towards them. This makes it quite a political and very worthwhile tournament in my opinion, good luck to them!

Guest the_guv_nor

Do they have to prove that they are gay before they get in the team??? do they have to go through some kind of gay trials??? all sounds a bit bent to me.

Do they have to prove that they are gay before they get in the team??? do they have to go through some kind of gay trials??? all sounds a bit bent to me.

Why would a straight man want to play with gays? Like actually want to. I'm not being homosexualist there btw.

Guest the_guv_nor

Why would a straight man want to play with gays? Like actually want to. I'm not being homosexualist there btw.

HOMOPHOBE!!!!

Guest the_guv_nor

You saying there might be some kind of... ringer in the team?

Well lets just say what if all the gay footballers are shite and they think maybe we should get a straight guy in who can play some good football.... would he then need to prove himself?? ;D

Poor the gays.

Maybe they should stop playing in their own tournaments and announce their sexuality and play in normal leagues. How do you think that would go down?

Homophobia, not funny. Oh, and Le Saux was labelled gay because he liked reading books, read the Guardian and went on a camping holiday, The fact that this gets you labelled "gay" says all you need to know about footballers.

And I believe the most renowned piss taker was that erudite, free thinking libertine, Robbie Fowler.

There was also a "homeless world cup" recently that was entirely composed of folks who had lived on the streets.

Footie brings the world together - that can't be a bad thing.

I am surprised a Latin American country is hosting it considering most of those Countries have laws prohibiting anything related to being homosexual. Much like the Southern American States.