Man City vs Newcastle

Decky

Don't mean to sound pedantic but I don't think a point would be a good result, it'd be an acceptable result.

For teams fighting relegation it'd be a good result, they talk about going to places like Man City and nicking a point. But it's not like we're going to Stamford Bridge or Old Trafford, let's have a bit of perspective. If getting a draw at Man City is considered a good result then you'd have to say that finishing 11th or so in the league would be a good finish.

i'm viewing it as the same as a trip to everton, villa or spurs, a draw is a good result. of course i'd take a win too tho!

Don't mean to sound pedantic but I don't think a point would be a good result, it'd be an acceptable result.

For teams fighting relegation it'd be a good result, they talk about going to places like Man City and nicking a point. But it's not like we're going to Stamford Bridge or Old Trafford, let's have a bit of perspective. If getting a draw at Man City is considered a good result then you'd have to say that finishing 11th or so in the league would be a good finish.

i'm viewing it as the same as a trip to everton, villa or spurs, a draw is a good result. of course i'd take a win too tho!

Considering we've only ever won once at a usually-gash Man City since we got into the Premiership, I'd say a draw against the "new" Man City would be a good result, personally.

The expectation is surely to draw with these teams away and beat them at home? Do that and we'll come top six, at the least.

I think its likely Big Sam will revert back to 4-3-3 and ditch 4-4-2 with the loss of Michael Owen, we could see a similar 4-3-3 formation we played away against Bolton, with Viduka up top with two off the sides of him likely to be Martins in a uncomfortable role for him and maybe N'Zogbia instead of Milner this time will be pushed up further with the return of Enrique and Emre to the left side.

Its clear Big Sam favors 4-4-2 with Michael Owen in the side but with Martins starting or coming on he seems to either play him off the sides in a 4-3-3 like against Bolton or when coming on against Aston Villa.

----------------------Given-----------------

----------------Taylor----Rozenhal---------

--------Beye----------Butt-----------Enrique

----------------Geremi----Emre---------------

-------------Martins----------N'Zogbia-------

---------------------Viduka------------------

Would prefer to see 4-4-2 though with N'Zogbia and Milner in there favored positions as Wingers and Martins in his best role being played threw the middle off Viduka.

Guest ExiledGeordie

Atleast we have a chance going away to teams with the likes of Roz, Taylor, Beye and Enrique at the back and then either Given or Harper in goal. We can fight and scrap and weather attacks now.

If Viduka isn't fit will Smith start over Ameobi? Assuming we play 442.

Evening Chronicle says Ameobi picked up a groin injury against Arsenal "kids :rolleyes:" which apparently doesn’t look good so going by that yes :thup:

Smith only role in the team should be up top when Viduka is not fit.

Hopefully Viduka is fit to play though.

It wouldnt surprise me at all if Viduka missed this one out. He's a good striker but seems currently incapbale of playing more than once every ten days.

All signs for this one point to a narrow home win.

we are going to have a real problem against Petrov! he is quite fast, scores goals, good challenger! beye will have his hands full with him.

man city have a couple of players in form, and a couple of players that are shit! will be a great game i think 2-2

If we win on Saturday it will be massive it will switch our bad result against Derby. I think it will be our best start to the season since 1996- 1997 season. Having said that I am surprised how people in these board underestimate Nicky Butt in my opinion he is irreplacable and until we buy a proper midfilder he is in the best eleven.

Before the game I'll keep an interested eye on the Punters Panel in the Chronicle. They have given a forum for some local moron to give his predictions and so far he has gone for a 5-0 win at Derby and a 4-1 at Arsenal.  :knuppel2:

If we win on Saturday it will be massive it will switch our bad result against Derby. I think it will be our best start to the season since 1996- 1997 season. Having said that I am surprised how people in these board underestimate Nicky Butt in my opinion he is irreplacable and until we buy a proper midfilder he is in the best eleven.

Tbh dont rate Butt that highly!Was poor this season up till he played a stormer against West Ham!I would only start him if we have a playmaker playing beside him,hopefully that can be Barton or Emre but I would start Geremi ahead of Butt

I think its likely Big Sam will revert back to 4-3-3 and ditch 4-4-2 with the loss of Michael Owen, we could see a similar 4-3-3 formation we played away against Bolton, with Viduka up top with two off the sides of him likely to be Martins in a uncomfortable role for him and maybe N'Zogbia instead of Milner this time will be pushed up further with the return of Enrique and Emre to the left side.

Its clear Big Sam favors 4-4-2 with Michael Owen in the side but with Martins starting or coming on he seems to either play him off the sides in a 4-3-3 like against Bolton or when coming on against Aston Villa.

----------------------Given-----------------

----------------Taylor----Rozenhal---------

--------Beye----------Butt-----------Enrique

----------------Geremi----Emre---------------

-------------Martins----------N'Zogbia-------

---------------------Viduka------------------

Would prefer to see 4-4-2 though with N'Zogbia and Milner in there favored positions as Wingers and Martins in his best role being played threw the middle off Viduka.

Best one.

Guest Synthespian

Hi there.  First post.  Thank GOD I found this place!  :celb:

I think it should be 4-4-2 and make Sam switch from his 4-3-3.

Harper

Beye Rozenhal Taylor Enrique

Milner  Butt  Geremi  N'Zogbia

Viduka Martins

If it's not paying off then, bring on Smith for Enrique and go to 4-4-2, but at least it'll make Sven think! :D

I don't know why you guys dislike the 4-3-3 system, it's a good compromise between attacking and defending and when we are playing away, certainly a good system to use  so I think Gallowgate's choice would be ideal in this situation. I will go for a 2-0 win for us, I'm going to be an optimist. :D

Hi there.  First post.  Thank GOD I found this place!  :celb:

Welcome to the Forum.

-----------------------------------

RE: the thread topic.

We're gonna get tonked. 4-1 Citeh

Big Sam is going to play it super-defensive with long balls to Viduka. We'll pretend to play a 4-3-3 but really it will turn into a very narrow 4-5-1

Sven's new boys know how to play it paient against teams like us and they will have the majority of possession and eventually score a few.

GK - Given

RB - Beye

LB - Enrique

CB - Rozehnal

CB - Cacapa

RM - Milner

LM - N'Zogbia

CM - Geremi

CM - Emre

CF - Viduka

CF - Martins

Harper, Taylor, Faye, Butt, Smith.

City normally go with a continental striker with a playmaker just off him, so Cacapa & Rozehnal is what I'd go with on Saturday.

Guest sicko2ndbest

.................................Harper.......................................

Beye...............Cacapa...............Roz.......................Enrique

..........................Butt..........Faye..................................

................................Geremi.............................................

..........Milner...................................................NZog.......

...............................Smith.............................................

don't see how we can win this tbh, man city have been playing some juicy football this season and have the potential to creatively murder us, if they can finish their chances.

That said, if we close them down and don't let them play their passing game we could sneak this one. I mean its not like they're manyoo ;) , so we'll go there playing for a win

unfortunately i predict a defensive midfield line-up with an over-emphasis on the longball

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

I don't know why you guys dislike the 4-3-3 system, it's a good compromise between attacking and defending and when we are playing away, certainly a good system to use  so I think Gallowgate's choice would be ideal in this situation. I will go for a 2-0 win for us, I'm going to be an optimist. :D

Because when we play 4-3-3 it often turns out to be 4-5-1 with long balls and no width at all.

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

City normally go with a continental striker with a playmaker just off him, so Cacapa & Rozehnal is what I'd go with on Saturday.

Is Cacapa fit?

Dont think so. Physioroom is having him on 'very doubtful' and I dont ever think a Newcastle player on very doubt has been fit to play on 'very doubt'.

I dont think it will be a problem though as Taylor appearently had a good game against Arsenal and should be up to the task.