Will we ever see Newcastle win a trophy?

McCormick

Not this season, i don't think, after crashing out of the carling cup... but i've always wondered whether, in this lifetime (and i'm still relatively young) i will ever see a newcastle captain raising a trophy for us.

Guess that separates newcastle fans from the glory-hunters...

Guest jamesmartinsmith

I'm only 18 and I've already given up hope, nevertheless, I love this club and will continue to support it.

The Arsenal game summed it up for me the other day. Look at these young players they acquire, they are incredible they can be some of the best in the world. Diarra was my man of the match he cost £2 million, we wasted £6 million on Alan Smith. Barton and Enrique are relatively young but it seems stupid Sam is only interested in signing players who have got 2 or 3 years left in them.

This transfer policy is not sustainable, we need good young players.

I'm only 18 and I've already given up hope, nevertheless, I love this club and will continue to support it.

The Arsenal game summed it up for me the other day. Look at these young players they acquire, they are incredible they can be some of the best in the world. Diarra was my man of the match he cost £2 million, we wasted £6 million on Alan Smith. Barton and Enrique are relatively young but it seems stupid Sam is only interested in signing players who have got 2 or 3 years left in them.

:lol: :jesuswept:

Guest bluegeordie

I've supported us for over a quarter of a century now, but somehow (and notwithstanding a mask of cynical defeatism) I've managed to retain the capacity for self delusion, to the point where I actually expect us to win a trophy within the next 5 years. In fact, believe it or not, I feel so confident that in an instant I'd be prepared to put 1,000 quid on us doing so at odds of, say, 3/1. Indeed, I'd even be tempted if that time span was shortened to 3 years, and the odds offered were reduced to 2/1.

While I'm in confessional mode, the depths of my insanity are such that every year for over a decade now, and no matter what logic might tell me, I haven't been able to resist putting wagers (however modest) on us winning the League / Carling Cup, the FA Cup, the EUFA Cup (when applicable), the Champions League (when applicable), and even the truest test of a team's quality - the EPL itself (however, in my defence, I should mention that these have all taken the form of individual bets, and not an accumulator)!

Oh, and before anyone tells me, I know - I seriously need professional help  :crazy2:   :cheesy:   :idiot2::frantic:

Guest jamesmartinsmith

?

?

:laugh:

?

Well, you listed two players he's signed who are young plus Smith who's 27, and then there's Rozenhal so I thought you refuted your own argument rather nicely re: the stupid transfer policy of the manager. As well as somewhat writing off the much needed experience that the other signings added to the backline.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

?

Well, you listed two players he's signed who are young plus Smith who's 27, and then there's Rozenhal so I thought you refuted your own argument rather nicely re: the stupid transfer policy of the manager. As well as somewhat writing off the much needed experience that the other signings added to the backline.

We only have three young, promising defenders in my opinion.

What's this Jesus crying face all about?

?

You were talking about Allardyce's transfer policy though and his only being interested in signing players with 2 or 3 years left in them. Clearly not true.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

?

You were talking about Allardyce's transfer policy though and his only being interested in signing players with 2 or 3 years left in them. Clearly not true.

OK, I shouldn't have said only, but we need young players. Roeder and Robson both knew that.

?

OK, I shouldn't have said only, but we need young players. Roeder and Robson both knew that.

I'd say it was a failing in Robson that he bought too much for tomorrow and not enough for the present. Roeder's transfer policy was an absolute shambles. Was Le Sib the sort of player you meant btw? ;)