Butt 5

Geremi 6

Milner 5

Viduka 5

Martins 6

Allardyce 4

Spot on.

O0

How does our right-back get a 6 after 90 minutes of Petrov doing whatever he liked, whenever he liked on our right hand side of the pitch?

Very true. If Carr had put in that kind of display we'd have the torches lit already. Extremely dissapointing.

Difference being that Beye has the ability to chase the player after losing possession. He was getting abuse from the crowd before he left, apparently. Not a good sign.

Knee-jerk-tastic. We didn't play that bad. City were the better team, yes, but there were positives. Martins and Viduka looks threatening together and we'll have Barton soon. Also, nice to see Smith having a good game. Nothing wrong with the formation either, tbh, we looked good til they scored they're second, at which point they started defending.

We said before the season that as long as we improved on last season we'd be happy. This was a clear improvement, even though we lost

Exactly

People who moan should be banned imo, just to piss them off even more

Time for everyone to cry now

Time for Allardyce to leave etc. he has had his chance

We were beaten by a better team

So how will that work then?  :lol:

I was being sarcastic obviously

Ah right. So you we'll not be hearing any whining from you then?  :lol:

Nope, unless it's sarcasm  :razz:

Why is everything knee jerk?..what do you expect we have had years of shite like this under Souness and Roeder this is no different. A different team a different era its all just fucking false dawns. Allardyce has bought shite journeymen footballers lets be honest here. whats the point in having a team of hard workers when you sacrfice the talent in the team for it.Geremi is shite when will people realise the top 4 teams get rid of these players because they have had it.We got rid of Dyer and solano and in one fell swoop we lost our pace and creativity in midfield now we cant pass, tackle or have a clue about anything football related. we have now played 7 games and not one single goal has come from a midfielder doesnt the big fat bastard see that  its just no good.Why oh why is it that no matter what players we have in defence they all become total shit and have no idea of defending.I watch a lot of football and i never see another team defend so terribly and so embarassing, i cringe everytime i watch us on tv now its just fucking awful

This ugly boring standard of clueless football must stop or Allardyce will not last the year out, we have not had a decent team with a clue of how to play since old bob was there.and why does our last 3 managers not have a clue about substitutions it was plain to see that we needed enrique and emre on as soon as city scored there second.

Im dreading the Mackem game now after watching our away performances its just total shite to watch

Rant over im going to get very drunk fall asleep and forget that my team is a fucking joke and total and utter shite

The main problems today were Taylor and Zoggy. Both of whom will not be in defence when the team is settled and everyone is up to speed.

Milner also has to buck up his ideas. He played well enoguh to get himself into some awesome positions but then tried to turn his man one to many times and lost the ball. He has to give the ball earlier. Too bloody wasteful.

Given - two good saves, two bad cock-ups - 5

Beye - did little wrong - 6

Rozehnal - Defended pretty well - 7

Taylor - Outpaced and outwitted - 5

N'Zogbia - Terrible defender - 5

Geremi - Won the ball back a lot, but passed sloppily. Got an assist though - 6

Butt - Absolutely woeful for the first 70 mins, but did ok after that. Elano ate him for breakfast. - 4

Smith - Passed, tackled and harried well, and had some good touches in the final third - 7

Milner - Harried well, and tried his best to create. Let down by others wayward passing - 6

Martins - Scored, but could have used his pace a lot better - 6

Viduka - Clearly a class above the rest of our players, but we didn't get him on the ball enough - 6

Enrique - Made no real difference

Faye - ditto

Emre - Looked lively

I dont think we were that bad. Manchester City were immense and I reckon they are the best challengers for the top 4 this season as long as they maintain fitness and consistency.

Elano is better than Kinkladze, Benarbia and Berkovic combined.

Alladyce was so stupid soooo stupid even a blind could see Butt was SH8T from the first 15 minutes...Putting Emre on after 87 minutes...I mean come on what the hell was he going to do in 3 minutes....

Why was N'Zogbia at LB after going down 2-1 ??? Why wasn't Enrique put on much earlier in the 2nd half ??? Why wait till 78 minute when we need pushing forward more ???

Why didn't Taylor get replaced earlier too ??? He was bad bad today...

Why was Geremi replace instead of Butt...Butt was horrible HORRIBLE...

Player Ratings:

Given 6

Beye 6

Taylor 5

Roz 5

NZog 6

Smith 5

Butt 5

Geremi 6

Milner 5

Viduka 5

Martins 6

Allardyce 4

Spot on.

O0

How does our right-back get a 6 after 90 minutes of Petrov doing whatever he liked, whenever he liked on our right hand side of the pitch?

Very true. If Carr had put in that kind of display we'd have the torches lit already. Extremely dissapointing.

Difference being that Beye has the ability to chase the player after losing possession. He was getting abuse from the crowd before he left, apparently. Not a good sign.

Well thats disgraceful if he copped abuse. He did chase extremely well and covered his mistakes every time except for the goal he let in, but why on earth was he out of position/uninterested so often requiring him to have to try and sprint back and save the day?

He no doubt has enormous skill but I suppose he is still getting used to the pace of the EPL and he needs to start concentrating 100% of the time or he'll go the way of Titus.

Giving him abuse though is NOT on.

A top four side will utterly destroy us away from home if we play like this.

City really don't look that far away from being a top 4 side at the moment.

Unless I'm gannin crackers, Man City are a top 4 side.

You know what I mean.

Man City are a good side, undefeated at home, and their attacking players had great games today. Elano showed superb vision in opening up our backline and Newcastle really do need a player like him. While defensively having Geremi, Smith and Butt in the centre is an efficient work man like engine there is little creation, barring Geremi's assist today. Something else to note was the lack of forward running from midfield to support the frontmen.

Given - 6

Taylor - 5 (Faye - n/a)

Rozehnal - 7

Beye - 5

N'Zogbia - 6

Butt - 6

Smith - 5

Geremi - 6 (Enrique - n/a)

Martins - 7

Viduka - 6 (Emre - n/a)

Milner - 6

Allardyce - 6 - The team started well, although a few players didn't seem to know where they were playing, and the only complaint was the timing of substitutions.

A top four side will utterly destroy us away from home if we play like this.

City really don't look that far away from being a top 4 side at the moment.

Unless I'm gannin crackers, Man City are a top 4 side.

Top 5 side then :razz:

Why is everything knee jerk?..what do you expect we have had years of s**** like this under Souness and Roeder this is no different. A different team a different era its all just f****** false dawns. Allardyce has bought s**** journeymen footballers lets be honest here. whats the point in having a team of hard workers when you sacrfice the talent in the team for it.Geremi is s**** when will people realise the top 4 teams get rid of these players because they have had it.We got rid of Dyer and solano and in one fell swoop we lost our pace and creativity in midfield now we cant pass, tackle or have a clue about anything football related. we have now played 7 games and not one single goal has come from a midfielder doesnt the big fat b****** see that  its just no good.Why oh why is it that no matter what players we have in defence they all become total s*** and have no idea of defending.I watch a lot of football and i never see another team defend so terribly and so embarassing, i cringe everytime i watch us on tv now its just f****** awful

This ugly boring standard of clueless football must stop or Allardyce will not last the year out, we have not had a decent team with a clue of how to play since old bob was there.and why does our last 3 managers not have a clue about substitutions it was plain to see that we needed enrique and emre on as soon as city scored there second.

Im dreading the Mackem game now after watching our away performances its just total s**** to watch

Rant over im going to get very drunk fall asleep and forget that my team is a f****** joke and total and utter s****

Seriously dude ... get a life.

You are comlpetely clueless about football. You are really an embarrassment.

Souness and Roeder? You disgust me.

thats the problem Decky,we look like a team in  an elevator,we are perforing good one game and poor the next,cant see any team we are going to beat away from St,jamses.Cant see how Sam can bring us any silver of the way he is playing football,ever heard about one touch football,ok if yes,then go traing on one touch for a week,how many wrong passes had we??20-30 loosing the ball to City.

You have a point about the passing, but I don't understand blaming the manager.  It's not as if he tells some of them to pass to a City player or to slow down a good move by passing 5 yards behind a player making a forward run.

Guest Hodgson09

Not a good performance, allot of the problems is with that midfield, Smith, Butt and Geremi need to be dropped in favor of Barton Emre and Enrique. there is just no threat from midfield.

Well played City they will do well this season. Petrov impressed me very quick with some decent end product too, why didn't we buy him? Exactly the sort of player we need.

Indeed we weren't that terrible, Martins and Vids especially did well together I thought.

That's one plus to take away from this match - one more than the Derby game.  At least it looks as though this season Martins is trying to work on his two major weaknesses fromlast season, his lack of movement off the ball and overall passing.

The most galling thing about this match was that we shot ourselves in the foot as we have done on too many occaisions in the past - while city managed to carve us open a few times most of these we were able to recover, but the killer goal came from the team fannying around and giving the ball away stupidly.  After that we were'nt able to get back into it.

i dont think we're that bad and we will get better .. we just needed better protection for the back four and more creativity going forward ... 

man city dominated the midfiled, they are very impressive

Why is everything knee jerk?..what do you expect we have had years of s**** like this under Souness and Roeder this is no different. A different team a different era its all just f****** false dawns. Allardyce has bought s**** journeymen footballers lets be honest here. whats the point in having a team of hard workers when you sacrfice the talent in the team for it.Geremi is s**** when will people realise the top 4 teams get rid of these players because they have had it.We got rid of Dyer and solano and in one fell swoop we lost our pace and creativity in midfield now we cant pass, tackle or have a clue about anything football related. we have now played 7 games and not one single goal has come from a midfielder doesnt the big fat b****** see that  its just no good.Why oh why is it that no matter what players we have in defence they all become total s*** and have no idea of defending.I watch a lot of football and i never see another team defend so terribly and so embarassing, i cringe everytime i watch us on tv now its just f****** awful

Im dreading the Mackem game now after watching our away performances its just total s**** to watch

Rant over im going to get very drunk fall asleep and forget that my team is a f****** joke and total and utter s****

get a life FFS what is different to the shite we have seen this season to the shite we have seen the last 4 nothing absolutely nothing, its wankers like you that want to take off the black and white glasses and realise that we are just a mediocre mid table team and always will be, the only time we have had something to crow about was when we had 2 managers in the last 20 years who know how to create an attacking team. the last 3 managers have been work ethic managers who want "proper players" teams win fuck all and play atrociously with no flair players in there side

we just werent good enough today. think viduka and martins did well. defensively we still need an outstanding centre back. its better than last season, but still not good enough. still, the thing we need the most, is someone like elano. he was immense today. does everything right, and comes out as absolute class. barton will be back and give us something more in midfield, but hes not the artist we need there, opening defenses with through balls. people here calls out for emre, but he is not the solution to our problems. too slow, and not physical enough. isnt a threat by himself either. we could try to put duff on the left, and let zog play AM, as he seems the only one capable to fill the criterias for the role.

Guest LucasUnger

so, watched the game, now smoked 3 cigarettes and thought about the game:

1st of all, deserved win for man city.

they have two players in their team who can win games (elano, petrov) that's exactly what we have not got at the moment.

someone with skill pace an eye for his team mates etc... emre will help us soon. (hopefully)

i hate to see geremi butt and smith in a midfield 3. and i haven't seen a good game when they all played together. so no need to play them ever again, please sam.

i was disappointed today by the way our defence played. given had a good game. except of the thing in  3rd minute.

we played again with the wrong tactic. they had to much room in midfield and with a player like elano, who sees his teammates when they go forward, we were lucky not to lose higher.

given 6

beye 4.5

taylor 4.5

roz 5.5

zog 5.5

smith 4.5

butt 5

geremi 6

milner 6.5

viduka 6

martins 7

we have to play 4-4-2 with the players fit atm or change to 4-3-3 when barton and emre are fully fit again.

team for everton hopefully:

Given

Beye Rozenhal Taylor/Faye Enrique

milner          geremi      zog

barton/emre

viduka                          martins

or

Given

Beye Rozenhal Taylor/Faye Enrique

geremi 

barton emre

martins/zog                  Milner/Zog

Viduka

with either i think we can beat everton and tottenham.

Honestly though he has some points. Sven just gave us a lesson today in 'why grafters will never win against skill away from home.' And our midfield utterly lacked creativity and even moreso pace. When Roeder blamed injuries we all rightly laughed him all the way out of the club but now its OK that Sam has no (EPL standard) cover for most positions?

If you can't see that Man City dominated us for almost the entirety of the game then it is you who have no idea about football.