Duff back in training

NSG

I don't think that's entirely accurate as Duff has been in my gym in Wilmslow, Cheshire the last couple of times I've been in, which is Monday and this afternoon. This fits in with the below article as Mottram Hall (as mentioned in the article) is about 5 minutes away from this gym.

Also, he has been working out with that bald bloke who was on that Michael Owen programme the other week. Michael Owen was also apparently in the same gym last week and I've been told he's been in quite a lot over the last year or so with his rehab.

It's a good gym like but I've no idea why they travel so far to use it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=485385&in_page_id=1779&ito=newsnow

Aye lets hope the little mong-faced minstrel can light up St James.

He couldnt light up st.james if he tried

worst £5million we have spent, hes just as bad as owen for getting injured and the sooner we get rid the better

worst £5million we have spent, hes just as bad as owen for getting injured and the sooner we get rid the better

I can think of worse £5m we have spent tbf unless you specifically mean £5m.

Hows that exactly? Are you referring to the year and a half he has spent with us, where has has been injured and playing under terrible managers? Or are you talking about the rest of his career where he has won championship medals and wasonce one of the best left wingers in Europe and costs £17 million pound?

Just wondering. 

Meh, not overly fussed. If he does alright, he does alright. If he continues how he has done so far, then i'm not majorly bothered. If he does well then it's a plus out of nothing, if he does shit, we haven't lost anything.

Yeah i hope he breaks his fucking legs.. the fucking tosser

:lol:

Edit: right kev?

Hows that exactly? Are you referring to the year and a half he has spent with us, where has has been injured and playing under terrible managers? Or are you talking about the rest of his career where he has won championship medals and wasonce one of the best left wingers in Europe and costs £17 million pound?

Just wondering. 

Chelsea championship medal...best squad in europe at the time not including him

cost £17mil after blackburn because he was excellent

been shit since he joined the cockny wankers

Just wondering. 

been s*** since he joined the cockny wankers

...but you rate James Milner!!! :lol:

Do you like to make a cock of yourself every day? Think before you type mate.

Just wondering. 

ha ha, not including him?! Do you actually watch football? Did you actually see Duff terrorise defences when he was at Chelsea? Him on one side Robben on the other? He was a class act. Just as he was at Blackburn too. He's had a hard time here, like a lot of players seem to have. But there have still been glimses of what he can do. Let him play a full season un-injured, under Sam and judge then.

Just wondering. 

ha ha, not including him?! Do you actually watch football? Did you actually see Duff terrorise defences when he was at Chelsea? Him on one side Robben on the other? He was a class act. Just as he was at Blackburn too. He's had a hard time here, like a lot of players seem to have. But there have still been glimses of what he can do. Let him play a full season un-injured, under Sam and judge then.

never stop watching football

hes played well at home to alkmaar and away to west ham, who else? lets hope he comes back 100% better than last season

Kev's almost right. Just a bit exaggerated, that's all. Not exactly the worst £5m we've ever spent, and there's still time. That's the only thing he's said that i disagree with 100%; he hasn't got an injury record quite as bad as Owen, but it's six and two threes given his input when he has been fit.

As for Chelsea, he was great in his first season, poor in his second.

And...

hes played well at home to alkmaar and away to west ham, who else? lets hope he comes back 100% better than last season

... is all correct. Though he did play well at home to Ventspils and at Zulte-Waregem too...

Kev's almost right. Just a bit exaggerated, that's all. Not exactly the worst £5m we've ever spent, and there's still time. That's the only thing he's said that i disagree with 100%; he hasn't got an injury record quite as bad as Owen, but it's six and two threes given his input when he has been fit.

As for Chelsea, he was great in his first season, poor in his second.

And...

... is all correct. Though he did play well at home to Ventspils and at Zulte-Waregem too...

Quite a few people seem to be saying he was poor in his final season at Chelsea yet I don't remember many saying it when we signed him.

He wasn't as good as he had been for them previously but he was far from poor.

I can. And he was. :coolsmiley:

I think the lack of pessimism over the Duff transfer merely came from the fact that we were euphoric over the fact that we'd actually signed some fucker...

He wasn't poor though Yorkie, in fact he had a decent season for them, if he was as poor as people claim then Mourinho would have moved him straight out of the first team and replaced him with Cole or SWP.

It wasn't because people were happy we had signed someone either, he was viewed as a top player before he came here and people were rightly happy that a player of his ability was willing to join us, people just got annoyed after because we didn't think we would have sacrificed the signing of a left back to bring him here.

good good good news we need as many fit players as possible and more midfield options especially. here's to hoping duffer finds his form this season with an extended run in the side

I disagree but anyway, needless arguing about the past.

I've slated Duff till i'm blue in the face. But he was a quality player once and i'm happy enough to offer him a fresh start in terms of my opinion. That's what Sam said at the start of the season to his squad, anyhow... :coolsmiley:

Don't hold out masses of hope, though.