Celtic fan attack

Guest Phil K

Dunno about you, I'd guess the majority feel its a piddling thing, and shouldn't be punished too harshly.

BUT.

It was an ATTACK on a  visiting player by a fan.It doesn't matter one wet fart that the keeper milked it dramatically.

Where the **** were the stewarts ?????? I'd sack the lot. They weren't even running after him.They were ******* celebrating for God's sake !

Imbecilic at best.

I'd - honestly - make them AT LEAST play the game again. Personally, I'd reverse the score or even kick them out.

What is the only message that would stop this stupidity happening again ?

The offending club suffering, thats what.

agreed.

Deduct the points, make them play the rest of their matches behind closed doors.

Also ban them from playing any more friendlies down here, of any type. We don't want their vermin, bigotry and crap.

Last time I posted this I was castigated for it, then they came along in the summer to entertain us again with their antics

Dunno about you, I'd guess the majority feel its a piddling thing, and shouldn't be punished too harshly.

BUT.

It was an ATTACK on a  visiting player by a fan.It doesn't matter one wet fart that the keeper milked it dramatically.

Where the **** were the stewarts ?????? I'd sack the lot. They weren't even running after him.They were ******* celebrating for God's sake !

Imbecilic at best.

I'd - honestly - make them AT LEAST play the game again. Personally, I'd reverse the score or even kick them out.

agreed.

Deduct the points, make them play the rest of their matches behind closed doors.

Also ban them from playing any more friendlies down here, of any type. We don't want their vermin, bigotry and crap.

Last time I posted this I was castigated for it, then they came along in the summer to entertain us again with their antics

Can't help feeling you're overreacting a wee bit there. Not all Celtic fans are bigots who make sweeping generalisations to characterise an entire fanbase...

(*ahem*...)

:fool:

BUT.

Imbecilic at best.

http://www.royal.gov.uk/files/images/mary-queen-of-scots_image1.gif

Bloody stuck in the 16th century, no help at all!

:lol: haha

I'm actually currently meant to be writing an essay on stewarts :(

BUT.

Imbecilic at best.

agreed.

Can't help feeling you're overreacting a wee bit there. Not all Celtic fans are bigots who make sweeping generalisations to characterise an entire fanbase...

(*ahem*...)

I don't see where I'm making a sweeping generalistation, nor did I the last time. What I'm saying is that there are enough of them to make it just not worth the bother, too much hassle, too much bother, too much bile. It is of course a minority, but its a large minority, a large number.

Sorry mate. But so far as I'm concerned, we just don't need their baggage.

Sadly, Shay Given will probably elect to play Celtic in a testimonial. I hope he doesn't

Given Dida's form when it comes to CL incidents, is it too unlikely that AC Milan hire people to pretend to be other fans, and then cause troublewhenresults aren'g going in Milan's favour?[/conspiracy]

The guy clearly showed the 'touch of death' that conspiracy theorists think was used to kill Bruce Lee - that can be the only real explanation for the delayed reaction from Dida.  He needs to be locked up as his skills are a clear danger to the general public.  In fact, the police should be looking into where exactly he was in the weeks running up to Bruce Lee's death.

Or Dida's a cheating conniving c*nt.  Can't quite decide.

If you've actually watched the footage the reason the fan gets on the pitch is because after the goal is scored the Celtic players run towards the opposite side of the pitch and the Celtic fans then rush forward knocking over all the advertising boards, leaving several Celtic fans laying on the floor, because of this all the stewards from behind the goal run to that side of the pitch to make sure none of the fans get hurt.

And that happened both sides of the pitch did it ?

No. It didnt.

The ones responsible on the near side had their hands in the air (or thumbs up their ars*s)

The fan came from behind the goal and ran towards the far side so it has nothing to do with the near side stewards. By the time the near side stewards realised he was on the pitch he was probobly on the other side of the pitch.

Amazingly the fan managed to get out of the game last night without being arrested, finally gave himself up to the police today.

They couldn't even see his face barely, nobody saw him what was the point in turning himself in.

I think its fair that they get a ban, and perhaps some games behind closed doors. To be honest though Dida went down like he'd been hit by a grizzly bear, how embaressing if his kids see that. No doubt he will have the piss taken out of him at training for being such a wuss.

Amazingly the fan managed to get out of the game last night without being arrested, finally gave himself up to the police today.

They couldn't even see his face barely, nobody saw him what was the point in turning himself in.

I think its fair that they get a ban, and perhaps some games behind closed doors. To be honest though Dida went down like he'd been hit by a grizzly bear, how embaressing if his kids see that. No doubt he will have the piss taken out of him at training for being such a wuss.

I reckon CCTV in Celtic Park might be canny good tbh.

Biggish fine and 2 games behind closed doors sounds about right imo. Was daft but hardly crime of the century was it?

There's been a huge overreaction to this, tbh. It could easily happen at SJP. Talk about being banned/docked points is ludicrous, tbh. It was the action of one man, and it was pretty benign, really.

There's been a huge overreaction to this, tbh. It could easily happen at SJP. Talk about being banned/docked points is ludicrous, tbh. It was the action of one man, and it was pretty benign, really.

Talk of Dida being in trouble for feigning injury is a massive overreaction as well mind.  What exactly did he do that is outside

1)  The laws of the game

2) The spirit of the game (assuming you don't class a fan being on the pitch as any part of the game)

Celtic clutching at any shred of moral high ground they can IMO

Guest Phil K

(*ahem*...)

I think you must be looking in the mirror when you made those last.... er...silly...comments.

The vast majority aren't bigots eh ?

Of course it isnt the majority who drape themselves in the irish tricolour is it ? Oh no. (Bollocks its not)

Its not the majority who sing religously offensive crap ? (Bollocks its not)

When Celtic come to town or on the ol' telly, do you plug in the iPod, bump up the volume, and close your eyes ?

And that (in a mirror-image way, seeing as we began with mirror-related comments) goes for the other bunch too.

I think the law of 'being a overacting tit' is reason enough for dida to be in trouble

Certainly.

But it doesnt get away from the fact that IT WAS AN ASSAULT BY A CELTIC FAN ON AN OPPOSITION PLAYER

Jesus how ***** clear does it have to be ? ? ?

One pillock that should have been seen by the CELEBRATING Stewarts. No effort made to stop him. Therefore Celtic must take full blame. They employ the stewarts. Therefore THEY are responsible.

Guest Phil K

Assault is not the word I'd use tbh

Kiss was it ?

The coppers say resting a hand on someone's chest unbidden or uninvited is assault - I'd say hand across face is even more so.

Doesn't say much for the Jock plod let alone those village idiot stewarts, does it ?

Kiss was it ?

The coppers say resting a hand on someone's chest unbidden or uninvited is assault - I'd say hand accross face is even more so.

been assaulted many times and not known it then.. fuck, call the police- i've been abuuused!

Guest Phil K

Kiss was it ?

The coppers say resting a hand on someone's chest unbidden or uninvited is assault - I'd say hand accross face is even more so.

been assaulted many times and not known it then.. f***, call the police- i've been abuuused!

Then do so.

Dat's a fac' Jack.

Daft but true in these loony times.

The law's always been an ass, but nowadays its a whole prairie full of them.

Doesn't take away from the fact that it was, in the eyes of the *law*,

AN ASSAULT.

(*ahem*...)

I think you must be looking in the mirror when you made those last.... er...silly...comments.

The vast majority aren't bigots eh ?

Of course it isnt the majority who drape themselves in the irish tricolour is it ? Oh no. (Bollocks its not)

Its not the majority who sing religously offensive crap ? (Bollocks its not)

When Celtic come to town or on the ol' telly, do you plug in the iPod, bump up the volume, and close your eyes ?

And that (in a mirror-image way, seeing as we began with mirror-related comments) goes for the other bunch too.

I think the law of 'being a overacting tit' is reason enough for dida to be in trouble

Certainly.

But it doesnt get away from the fact that IT WAS AN ASSAULT BY A CELTIC FAN ON AN OPPOSITION PLAYER

Jesus how ***** clear does it have to be ? ? ?

One pillock that should have been seen by the CELEBRATING Stewarts. No effort made to stop him. Therefore Celtic must take full blame. They employ the stewarts. Therefore THEY are responsible.

FFS thats 3 times now, it is stewards not stewarts.

The police said if he handed himself in, they'd reduce the charge to manslaughter.