Premierships underrated players

Guest kingdawson

Stevie Harper anyone?

Might be pushing it, but if Robinson still gets into the squad considering the constant mistakes and bad he's been in for the past 3 seasons, perhaps the fact that Harper never gets mentioned for an England call-up makes him underrated.

Don't want to turn this into a Harper / Given thread, but the reason he isn't mentioned for an England call up is because he's simply nowhere near good enough.

My 10 would be:

Carvalho (One of the premierships best centre backs, a class act)

Barton (The closest thing to Steven Gerrard. Box to box midfielder who scores goals and is a natural leader)

Malbranque (criminally under-rated. Most of our attacking play goes through him)

Viduka ( His close control is second to none. Also holds up the ball very well)

Adebayour (The guy is an excellent prospect and could turn out to be a world class player if he improves his finishing)

Zamora ( Ive always liked Bobbby. Not saying he's world class or anything but he's definatly a good premiership player who works hard)

Laursen ( Excellent centre back who could also be world class if he wasnt injured so much)

Brown (People who say he's only in the England squad because he plays for united are delusional. Very good centre back)

Park ji sung (Very reliable winger who never lets United down when called upon)

Lee (very solid left back who gets unfairly criticised because of his lack of a left foot)

Personally I think:

1. Steed Malbranque is very inconsistent in Tottenham. He definitely has the ability but his failure to apply it consistently in Tottehanm rightly makes him less rated.

2. Adebayor was underrated last season but after his exploits this season i don't think he is any underrated anymore.

3. Brown is a crap centre back.

My own opinions:

1. Wes Brown at right back. Class right back, at times even better than Gary Neville.

2. Mathew Flamini this season. Unsung regular in the currently undefeated Gunners.

3. Alvaro Aberloa. Not an outstanding player but someone Benitez trusts immensely and someone who puts in very decent shifts in varying positions without getting noticed.

4. Christopher Samba. Getting more noticed now especially in this forum but could have got more plaudits in national media.

5. Tim Howard. A pillar in the Everton's defense.

6. Mark Noble. Getting many attentions as good young player but I think he performance warrants more than that.

7. Mario Melchiot. Might be a liability in the past but he has proven an excellent buy for Wigan this season.

8. Scott Carson. Criminally not selected by England senior national team.

9. Emile Mpenza. At this where Bianchi is out of form, Samaras not selected and Bojinov injured, Mpenza is the battering ram up front.

Can't think of anyone else right now. Sure I have missed loads.

Martin Laursen is a colossus, he also seems to have got over his knee injury.

Fact Last season Laursen played 14 league games for us. We didn't lose any of them. That says a lot. I'd have him as man of the match in pretty much every Villa game this season, so good has he been.

He is starting to remind me of another well known centre half with fucked up knees we had at Villa.

Yea he was excellent against us, Viduka was in his pocket.

Guest FlapjackJoe

Martin Laursen is a colossus, he also seems to have got over his knee injury.

Fact Last season Laursen played 14 league games for us. We didn't lose any of them. That says a lot. I'd have him as man of the match in pretty much every Villa game this season, so good has he been.

He is starting to remind me of another well known centre half with fucked up knees we had at Villa.

Yea he was excellent against us, Viduka was in his pocket.

Do they make pockets that big?

Wes Brown at right back. Class right back, at times even better than Gary Neville.

Brown is a clown. Makes shedloads of mistakes. Him, OBrien and Bramble are in the same league, the difference is that Brown plays alongside top class centrebacks which makes him look better than he is - as both OBrien and Bramble would testify (ie when alongside Woodgate).

Guest jamesmartinsmith

Wes Brown at right back. Class right back, at times even better than Gary Neville.

Brown is a clown. Makes shedloads of mistakes. Him, OBrien and Bramble are in the same league, the difference is that Brown plays alongside top class centrebacks which makes him look better than he is - as both OBrien and Bramble would testify (ie when alongside Woodgate).

I think Brown is a good defender, definetly good enough to be in the England squad. Him and Rio are good together, they must be close friends in real life or something as they seem to judge each other very well

My own opinions:

1. Wes Brown at right back. Class right back, at times even better than Gary Neville.

2. Mathew Flamini this season. Unsung regular in the currently undefeated Gunners.

3. Alvaro Aberloa. Not an outstanding player but someone Benitez trusts immensely and someone who puts in very decent shifts in varying positions without getting noticed.

4. Christopher Samba. Getting more noticed now especially in this forum but could have got more plaudits in national media.

5. Tim Howard. A pillar in the Everton's defense.

6. Mark Noble. Getting many attentions as good young player but I think he performance warrants more than that.

7. Mario Melchiot. Might be a liability in the past but he has proven an excellent buy for Wigan this season.

8. Scott Carson. Criminally not selected by England senior national team.

9. Emile Mpenza. At this where Bianchi is out of form, Samaras not selected and Bojinov injured, Mpenza is the battering ram up front.

Can't think of anyone else right now. Sure I have missed loads.

Mark Noble is a dirty little cunt

Tim Cahill

Not very well liked I know but he gets a lot of very important goals from midfield and reminds me of Speed from set pieces in the air.

Tim Cahill

Not very well liked I know but he gets a lot of very important goals from midfield and reminds me of Speed from set pieces in the air.

When Cahill isnt scoring a goal, hes doing nothing except hacking players down like the prick that he is.

Jermaine Jenas.

Good footballer unfairly driven out by Newcastle fans because of his goldfish bowl comments.

driven out, then made the dumbass comment

3-1 to the goldfish bowl!

Guest jamesmartinsmith

Plenty mentioned already but I'd throw Steve Finnan's name in there too.

I see him as more as an unsung hero, he created so many goals for them last season.