Premierships underrated players

Guest kingdawson

Guest jamesmartinsmith

Robert Green, absolutely brilliant goalkeeper.

Mario Melchiot, basically holds Wigan together along with Koumas and Bramble  :parky:.

Christopher Samba, very fast and strong. He has the ability to take strikers out of a game.

Javier Mascherano, better than M.Diarra, Viera, Makelele etc imo. 

Madness.

Mascherano better than Vieira and Makelele?

Melchiot is not hopeless but think Birmingham and Chelsea fans may beg to differ

Green is steady, not brilliant - same for Samba (he's hardly Nesta is he?)

I didn't say Samba was Nesta, Nesta is the best in the world, but I think he's in the top 15 Premiership centre-backs, he was incredibly cheap at £400,000 and has established himself as a starter.

Watch some Wigan games, Melchiot is captain and has been superb this season. Against Man Utd last weekend he kept Giggs out of the first half and was only wrong footed once by Tevez. When he went off Wigan conceded 4 goals.

Robert Green is a top shot stopper, far better than Scott Carson and Kirkland, why do you think Arsenal are interested?

Mascherano is incredible in a defensive midfield role. Viera has been really poor for Inter this season and Makelele doesn't look anything like he used to be. Even £18 million Diarra doesn't look half as good as Mascherano.

Pennant is s****.

I dont rate him too highly, I just think he gets some unfair stick at times, and has put in a decent shift at Liverpool whilst there.

Green is good but Carson and Foster are far superior.

That's just silly talk.

Green has impressed me most in the past year out of the three. You might think differently but Carson and Foster, far superior? Nonsense.

If Green was on loan at West Ham from Liverpool or Man Utd I'm pretty damn positive he would be the one getting the media plaudits and England squad place.

Yobo is another, Lescott gets all the plaudits, mainly for scoring rather than defending, but i think Yobo reads the game better. mind you he had a stinker against fc mentalist.

Yobo is a good player, I like  him a lot, but Lescott  is better in every respect not just goal scoring.

Lescott was getting all the praise last season when he only scored a couple. He's as good at reading the  game but a lot less likely to make a silly individual mistake than Yobo is, he's also literally about ten times better and more confident with the ball at his feet.  A good example of this is how well he plays at full back, better than most of the actual left backs in the Premiership. On the rare occasion Yobo has filled in at right back for us he has been really, really bad.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

Pennant is s****.

Robert Green is a top shot stopper, far better than Scott Carson

better than Carson? No chance!

Scott Carson makes so many mistakes, absolutely awful during the U21 tournament, made many howlers for Charlton last season. Green is a consistent goalkeeper.

Guest kingdawson

That's just silly talk.

Green has impressed me most in the past year out of the three. You might think differently but Carson and Foster, far superior? Nonsense.

If Green was on loan at West Ham from Liverpool or Man Utd I'm pretty damn positive he would be the one getting the media plaudits and England squad place.

Ok put things into perspective,

Carson = 1 excellent season at Charlton and playing very well this season

Foster = 1 excellent season at Watford

Green = Wasnt very good last season but playing well this season

Carson, Foster >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Green

I'd agree with Mascherano, he is quality.  Much better than Sissoko.

Agree with that, I actually rate Mascherano above Alonso. He's top notch.

I know it's supposed to be Premiership only but I think Andres Iniesta at Barcelona has blossomed into one of the best CM's around over the past two years. He'll be a cornerstone of their team for years to come, the heir to Xavi.

Always thought Barca would be after Fabregas sooner rather than later, but with Iniesta there I doubt they'll feel the need.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

That's just silly talk.

You must have seen Green at the Emirates last season? Absolutely stunning performance.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

They are in different leagues.

Sissoko can tackle, but his distribution and general awareness are awful.

Mascherano is the perfect DM.

Agree with that, I actually rate Mascherano above Alonso. He's top notch.

I know it's supposed to be Premiership only but I think Andres Iniesta at Barcelona has blossomed into one of the best CM's around over the past two years. He'll be a cornerstone of their team for years to come, the heir to Xavi.

Always thought Barca would be after Fabregas sooner rather than later, but with Iniesta there I doubt they'll feel the need.

Fabregas started his career at Barca, but opted to join Arsenal.

Agree about Iniesta, top class player.

Guest kingdawson

That's just silly talk.

You must have seen Green at the Emirates last season? Absolutely stunning performance.

WOW one good performance, my apologies Green must have had a good season then :rolleyes:. On second thoughts i have decided to take into consideration his horrendus performance at Reading where he let in 6 bloody goals. Back to sqare one for you i think :thup:.

That's just silly talk.

Green wasn't very good last season? Since when? :lol: Aside from Tevez he was the next most important player in keeping them up. He was no worse last season than Carson has been this season. In his early days at Norwich I didn't think he was up to much but for the past 18 months he has been really impressive.

Foster, although good, I think is massively overrated. I saw him put in a few less than convincing performances during his two seasons at Watford. I know their fans loved him but from what I've seen he's not worth raving about. And that goal Robinson scored against him? That was embarrassing regardless of whether it was just a one off or not.

Another thing worth pointing out is that Green has far, far more experience from being a regular at Norwich and West Ham for over 7 years than Carson & Foster have put together.

If you disagree with me, then that's fine but your exaggeration's on this subject are just total bollocks.

Guest kingdawson

That's just silly talk.

Green wasn't very good last season? Since when? :lol: Aside from Tevez he was the next most important player in keeping them up. He was no worse last season than Carson has been this season. In his early days at Norwich I didn't think he was up to much but for the past 18 months he has been really impressive.

Foster, although good, I think is massively overrated. I saw him put in a few less than convincing performances during his two seasons at Watford. I know their fans loved him but from what I've seen he's not worth raving about. And that goal Robinson scored against him? That was embarrassing regardless of whether it was just a one off or not.

Another thing worth pointing out is that Green has far, far more experience from being a regular at Norwich and West Ham for over 7 years than Carson & Foster have put together.

If you disagree with me, then that's fine but your exaggeration's on this subject are just total bollocks.

and your exaggeration on how good Green is, is just "total Bollocks" tbh. Robert Green was sooooooo good for the spammers last season he was dropped for Roy bloody Carroll and was only recalled because Caroll was to busy at his local ladbrokes.

So what if Foster let in a goal from a goal kick (which in fact was the centre backs fault). 1 example proves nothing and i doubt he's ever let in 6 goals in 1 match (something Green did playing for a better team).

People who continuously use the whole 'big Club' excuse are quite sad tbh.