Sven want Owen for £15 Million

Guest nufc_geordie

I would take Owen. Wouldn't be my first choice but he's class. But never for £15m. I doubt Sven would either. He's on record saying he went abroad cos English players are overpriced, and he doubts very much if the media have the slightest idea who he's going to move for. I doubt there is much truth in this...I'd file this story in the Ronaldinho to Chelsea for £100m locker... ???

I would take Owen. Wouldn't be my first choice but he's class. But never for £15m. I doubt Sven would either. He's on record saying he went abroad cos English players are overpriced, and he doubts very much if the media have the slightest idea who he's going to move for. I doubt there is much truth in this...I'd file this story in the Ronaldinho to Chelsea for £100m locker... ???

Yep because he needed to build a squad and quickly. He's done that, and now needs to add some finishing touches, Owen being that.

If you keep him fit you'd be right amongst the big boys for the rest of the season and seasons to follow, £15m would seem like a bargain.

Lot of IFS though.

Owen is just what City need, and it would suit Owen, given that he's based in Chester. It would also be better for us to sell for £15 million half way through the season, rather than have a buy-out clause activated in the summer. So there may be something in this.

At the beginning of the season, I'd have said take the money. But I've actually been impressed by what I've seen of him this season. He may be slower, but his link up play has improved a lot. I honestly think he now looks a much better all round player, and I'd be trying to persuade him to stay.

As with Dyer, the boo-boys aren't helping here.

I'd try to get him to stay as well. Goals per game anyone?

Yep because he needed to build a squad and quickly. He's done that, and now needs to add some finishing touches, Owen being that.

If you keep him fit you'd be right amongst the big boys for the rest of the season and seasons to follow, £15m would seem like a bargain.

Lot of IFS though.

Only the one if...and I think its too big an if for £15m. Still feel Sven would think he could get someone better (Or someone who could string a few games together) for that much money. Probably someone I've never heard of. Just can't see it. If the fee was lower tho, who knows.

Lot of IFS though.

Only the one if...and I think its too big an if for £15m. Still feel Sven would think he could get someone better (Or someone who could string a few games together) for that much money. Probably someone I've never heard of. Just can't see it. If the fee was lower tho, who knows.

If the story is true.

If we wants to sell him.

If he wants to leave.

If you are ready to pay £15m.

If Taskin is ready to fork out that kind of money.

If he stays fit.

If Citeh maintain form.

What i meant by a lot of IFS, biggest one being keeping him fit, and the IF is the reason i'd happily take anything north of £10m for him. Its a shame as moments like against everton you remember who he was and still could be, but its just never going to happen, not here it isn't, a move would be best for everyone.

Owen is class (although ijury prone)i'd keep him, its not like we are desperate for the money and have a much better replacement lined up. If we were to look to replacing one of our strikers i'd look to replace our 'big man' striker Viduka with someone alot more mobile/quicker.

Guest microbar

Take the money,

All he is interested in is horses and england,

He could not give a phuck about the toon,

thats why he put his get out clause in his orginal contract,

bye bye and good ridance.  :tickedoff:

Guest jamesmartinsmith

£15mill in for Owen, £20mill out for Huntelaar. Great business.

you'd spend 20m on Huntelaar?! He's good but not that good.

Huntelaar is worth at least £17 million.

The Sun is mischief making. Owen wasn't booed, the boos were for Martin's coming off - as has happened in earlier games.

Very naughty journalism. The southern press have it in for us, as have Talk Sport & 5 Live. Talk Sport reckon we don't deserve Owen - no idea how that one works out, we took him when no-one else wanted him & his continuing injury record will not attract the bigs clubs.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

SVEN-GORAN ERIKSSON will plead with his board to sign Michael Owen in January.

The Newcastle striker has been rowing with boss Sam Allardyce about whether he is fit to play two games for England in four days after recent operations.

Manchester City manager Eriksson hopes to capitalise on the unrest with a bid but Owen’s fee could be a whopping £15million plus £110,000-a-week wages.

That could be too much cash for former England boss Eriksson, even though he has been told by owner Thaksin Shinawatra there will be cash available in January.

Owen, 27, has failed to settle on Tyneside and the fans have never truly taken to him.

They feel he would have rather returned to Liverpool or signed with another big English club when he joined Toon for £16m from Real Madrid in 2005.

But Newcastle were the only ones prepared to take the gamble.

The perception in the North East is Owen loves his country more than his club, having made just 17 starts for the Geordies.

Owen was also slow to pledge his commitment to Newcastle when it was revealed he could leave last summer due to an £11m get-out clause in his contract — which has since expired.

He was booed when he came on in the 3-2 win over Everton last weekend — and cocked an ear towards the fans when he scored.

A move to City may not be his ideal choice but Manchester United refused the chance to sign him in the summer.

United are unlikely to change their minds — and the same goes for Liverpool.

During his time as England boss, Eriksson told a fake sheik in a newspaper sting that Owen was not happy at Toon. But both men will forget the matter if it suits their purposes.

If the hitman moves to City, Allardyce will raid former club Bolton for Nicolas Anelka.

-----------

Typical tabloid journalism.

The Newcastle striker has been rowing with boss Sam Allardyce about whether he is fit to play two games for England in four days after recent operations.

Manchester City manager Eriksson hopes to capitalise on the unrest with a bid but Owens fee could be a whopping £15million plus £110,000-a-week wages.

That could be too much cash for former England boss Eriksson, even though he has been told by owner Thaksin Shinawatra there will be cash available in January.

Owen, 27, has failed to settle on Tyneside and the fans have never truly taken to him.

They feel he would have rather returned to Liverpool or signed with another big English club when he joined Toon for £16m from Real Madrid in 2005.

The perception in the North East is Owen loves his country more than his club, having made just 17 starts for the Geordies.

Owen was also slow to pledge his commitment to Newcastle when it was revealed he could leave last summer due to an £11m get-out clause in his contract which has since expired.

He was booed when he came on in the 3-2 win over Everton last weekend and cocked an ear towards the fans when he scored.

A move to City may not be his ideal choice but Manchester United refused the chance to sign him in the summer.

United are unlikely to change their minds and the same goes for Liverpool.

During his time as England boss, Eriksson told a fake sheik in a newspaper sting that Owen was not happy at Toon. But both men will forget the matter if it suits their purposes.

If the hitman moves to City, Allardyce will raid former club Bolton for Nicolas Anelka.

-----------

Exactly. Slow news day, so let's make some more bollocks up about Owen. They haven't even bothered to make up a pretend 'source at the club' to have tipped them off. Big fat pile of shit.

Manchester City manager Eriksson hopes to capitalise on the unrest with a bid but Owen?s fee could be a whopping £15million plus £110,000-a-week wages.

Owen was also slow to pledge his commitment to Newcastle when it was revealed he could leave last summer due to an £11m get-out clause in his contract ? which has since expired.

He was booed when he came on in the 3-2 win over Everton last weekend ? and cocked an ear towards the fans when he scored.

United are unlikely to change their minds ? and the same goes for Liverpool.

-----------

Exactly. Slow news day, so let's make some more bollocks up about Owen. They haven't even bothered to make up a pretend 'source at the club' to have tipped them off. Big fat pile of shit.

:celb:

Take the money,

All he is interested in is horses and england,

He could not give a phuck about the toon,

thats why he put his get out clause in his orginal contract,

bye bye and good ridance.  :tickedoff:

Of course it was ultimately Newcastle United, not Owen, who put the get out clause in his contract in their desperation to sign him. Of course the clause was agreed as Owen was concerned, and quite rightly under Souness, that Newcastle United would under achieve and he would prefer to be playing for a team in European club competition as he had done throughout his career (not only concerned with horses and England then). Just like any ambitious professional he wants to be the best and play with and against the best, nothing wrong with that.

I dare say he doesn't give a phuck(?) about Newcastle United, much like the majority of his team mates I imagine, with the exception of the local players of course!! For example, the much lauded Obafemi Martins, who indecently isn't fit enough to lace Owens boots, must have similar feelings to Owen regard the club as he also has a release clause in his contract. However they are professional footballers and I have no doubt that each time they play the give nothing short of 100% for the Newcastle United cause.

Lot of IFS though.

If the story is true.

If we wants to sell him.

If he wants to leave.

If you are ready to pay £15m.

If Taskin is ready to fork out that kind of money.

If he stays fit.

If Citeh maintain form.

What i meant by a lot of IFS, biggest one being keeping him fit, and the IF is the reason i'd happily take anything north of £10m for him. Its a shame as moments like against everton you remember who he was and still could be, but its just never going to happen, not here it isn't, a move would be best for everyone.

OK, I'll let you off. That is quite a few Ifs. Altho I think two of them are the same ;)

£10m, I think is pretty reasonable. I would take him for that, but the medical would have to be rediculously stringent.

Personally I'd keep Owen.  Owen = goals, goals = points and points = prizes.  £15m to City is an invention imo, the press have it in for us and always have because they're mostly Spurs supporters.  The time to be having this debate is at the end of the season imo.