Northern Rock to be nationalised - affecting us?

S.S.R.

Branson surely doesn't have the money to buy NR ???
That's the amazing thing.

He doesn't have any.

He is a front for everyone else.

He's getting someone else to back him, and he'll just take over the brand, and hopefully draw more people to Virgin.

I do like what Virgin 1 is doing on the TV tho.

I think it's pushing it to say Richard Branson doesn't have any money. He does own a lot of stuff.

What i was getting  at is Northern Rock have loaned out about 120 billion, Branson is worth about 4 billion, but if he's fronting like he's done with cable then he'd actually only own a small stake.

Hope the cunt doesn't, don't like him.

Branson surely doesn't have the money to buy NR ???
That's the amazing thing.

He doesn't have any.

He is a front for everyone else.

He's getting someone else to back him, and he'll just take over the brand, and hopefully draw more people to Virgin.

I do like what Virgin 1 is doing on the TV tho.

I think it's pushing it to say Richard Branson doesn't have any money. He does own a lot of stuff.

What i was getting  at is Northern Rock have loaned out about 120 billion, Branson is worth about 4 billion, but if he's fronting like he's done with cable then he'd actually only own a small stake.

Hope the cunt doesn't, don't like him.

i like you.

Guest Ridzuan

I like Mr Branson and I have no problem if he were to take over Northern Rock.But i think changing the sponsors name right now is not a good thing to do.Maybe he can wait for the new season to start.

Guest johnson293

I like Mr Branson and I have no problem if he were to take over Northern Rock.But i think changing the sponsors name right now is not a good thing to do.Maybe he can wait for the new season to start.

If Northern Rock are taken over by Virgin Money, and it happens within the next couple of months, I think we will see a shirt sponsor change, and new sponsored replica shirts on sale. If it happens near the end of the season, they'll probably wait until the summer to produce new shirts for sale to the public.

I remebner the last mid-season shirt change, back in 91 ish - when John Hall took over, appointed keegan, and Scottish and Newcastle took over the sponsorship again from Greenalls. New shirts were produced then mid-season, so I dont' see why it wouldn;t happen again this time.

After all, if the takeover happens and we kept the Northern Rock on the shirts, we would then appear to be sponsored by a non-existent company.

Virgin Money would want all the advertising that being ont he front of a Premsiership teams shirts would bring them, as soon as possible.

Guest Ridzuan

We deserve a refund then.Its a complete waste of money.Unless I can find the new logo somewhere and paste it on the current shirt then I wont have to spend more money.

Guest Ridzuan

We deserve a refund then.Its a complete waste of money.Unless I can find the new logo somewhere and paste it on the current shirt then I wont have to spend more money.

You HAVE to buy a new shirt if one is released?

Yup,its a must for me or I will feel outdated.

You have no idea how pathetic that is/sounds.

I haven't bought either of the last two home shirts, or away ones come to think of it.  The shirts designs over the last few years have been muck.

Splashing Virgin Money on them wont make them look any better.

Guest johnson293

The iron on badges were for the change from Greenall's to the blue star. Didn't quite think them through though so we ended up with a horizontal black stripe across the middle of the shirt!

Yep, and at the time, Greenalls was printed into the shirt, not 'onto' it like the current Northern Rock Logo - so if they then expcet us to iron a new patch onto an already ironed on patch, then I can't see either of them lasting very long, especially after a few washes!

And remember - this home shirt design is supposed last another season yet!

The iron on badges were for the change from Greenall's to the blue star. Didn't quite think them through though so we ended up with a horizontal black stripe across the middle of the shirt!

Aye you're right forgot it was greenalls.  I just remembered it being text and thats all I could think of.

The lad likes to support his team by wearing the latest strip, how pathetic.

The lad likes to support his team by wearing the latest strip, how pathetic.

not what he said. He made some retarded comment as per usual. Those who like to buy the kit do like to have the latest one yadayadayada, but they're not gonna top themselves if there is a sponsor change. Whatever.

p.s. Richard Branson is a media whore cunt who should be burned alive. ed- until he dies and then burned again.