Northern Rock to be nationalised - affecting us?

S.S.R.

Does this news affect us then? I'm not au fait with what nationalisation means.

End of the road for Gordon Brown, hopefully. f****** hell...nationalising a bank. What a complete bollocks he is...and as for that human-badger-hybrid Alistair Darling, what a total jockey. Dismayed, I really am.

still rather them than cameron and osbourne.

End of the road for Gordon Brown, hopefully. f****** hell...nationalising a bank. What a complete bollocks he is...and as for that human-badger-hybrid Alistair Darling, what a total jockey. Dismayed, I really am.

Aye, not much of a choice really is it? :undecided:

Like choosing between amoebic or bacilliary dysentry.

err aye,if you say so. was thinking more along the lines of a rock and a hard place.

Shola's new nickname.

I don't think it will matter much. Or at least, it won't have to. The last time the banks rolled over and died here in Norway, they were just bought by the state and ran like ordinary businesses with the state as the main shareholder. The banks still advertise and sponsor stuff, and they still try to get people to take on ridiculous mortgages and poor financing deals.

Northern Rock being nationalised.  We're now effectively sponsored by the Government.  Next season's shirts will feature pictures of Gordon Brown, no doubt.

Now THAT is one thing that might just make me give up on the club...!

Totally agree.

Brown & cunt looking like they want to cut sponsorship at the end of the season.

:thup:

Sports Direct? What would be the point? He might as well secure a deal and bring money in rather than stick a horrible logo like that on a top no one will want to wear.

You never know, he's brought back Keegan, he might as well bring back:

http://thespiritworld.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/newcastle_brown_ale.png

I'd imagine if we stay up and money is being spent a decent shirt sponsor would befound.

Why would NR under the governments control want to end the shirt sponsorship,  didn't Freddy take all the sponsorship money all up front?  So its theres until the contract runs out.

I'd imagine if we stay up and money is being spent a decent shirt sponsor would befound.

Why would NR under the governments control want to end the shirt sponsorship,  didn't Freddy take all the sponsorship money all up front?  So its theres until the contract runs out.

Yes we got it all up front, but the government needs to be seen as impartial, i reckon its worth the £10m hit to cancel two years early for the sake of the flak they'll get being a club sponsor.

We've scored here.

Yes we got it all up front, but the government needs to be seen as impartial, i reckon its worth the £10m hit to cancel two years early for the sake of the flak they'll get being a club sponsor.

We've scored here.

Can Freddy Shepherd see the future ?

THE NEWS JUST HAD A GO AT US... :lol:

I saw that. Fucking pathetic. :lol:

What was said?

At the end of the piece about Northern Rock, they said something along the lines of 'So now the public owns the company that sponsors Newcastle United. Let's hope the new boss has a bit more success than Kevin Keegan!!!!11OMG!'

- as those of us who have read about the 1970s can remember," Mr Osborne said.

who would want this jumped up young git as chancellor?

That prick Osbourne doesn't half remind me of Piers Fletcher-Dervish from the new statesman.

Fast forward to 5 mins in this

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=tY3HUucrTOg&feature=related

And compare that to this

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=rUR9URYEaJg&feature=related

Not only is he similarly a chinless inbred fuckstick he sounds exactly the same as him.

FWIW Northern Rock was doing fine when it was a plain old building society.

Then along came Mr Osbourne's lot with this excellent idea of demutualising building societies so the present and not the historic shareholders would get the extra cash generated.

Chasing the extra profits demanded by being privatised is whats got them in this mess in the first place.

That coupled with spectacularly bad management.