Riise

bodson

Riise is one of many Liverpool players who has struggled for consistency of late as Rafa has rotated him to death.

Still only 27 and I think a change of scenery would be good for him. We only have one left back at the club and therefore Riise would be a good addition.

Guest Peter.Sthlm

Riise is one of many Liverpool players who has struggled for consistency of late as Rafa has rotated him to death.

Still only 27 and I think a change of scenery would be good for him. We only have one left back at the club and therefore Riise would be a good addition.

Isn't that the same thing people, my self included to be honest (not on this message board though), about the likes of Scott Parker, Damien Duff and Alan Smith?

With that said I'm not saying Duff and Smith aren't going to be useful under Keegan but up until now they haven't lived up the expectations. I think buying rejects from a more successful club is harder then it seems. I would rather see NUFC try to pick up players who see a move to Tyneside as a step forward in their career.

Guest Julio Geordio

s**** player.

N'Zogbia is a much better winger and if this Enrique has anything about him he'll be a better left back.

He could play for most teams in the country? Yeah, the bottom half of the Premiership and below.

I agree. Total highlights player. If ya watch him he only gives the ball away. Passes it backwards or shoots at ridiculous times. He like Jenas, Robert and Rozenhal rolled into one.

we paid 6mill£ for smith.... sure as hell we can pay 6mill£ for riise!!!!!!

and we might win over some scandinavian supporters! :)

i'm danish, and i dont know a single dane who would support nufc because of riises arrival :D

that said, i also don't think the price would be a problem, but as we have plenty of left wing opportunities, and i still have hopes for enrique, i'd prefer it if we left this one alone

i'm danish, and i dont know a single dane who would support nufc because of riises arrival :D

that said, i also don't think the price would be a problem, but as we have plenty of left wing opportunities, and i still have hopes for enrique, i'd prefer it if we left this one alone

hense... might  ;D however, i think his experience is something we need, and that he is only 27 and have played in two champions league finals and would only cost us about 6mill£ is good enough for me.... at least he hasnt "lost his legs" yet :)

if you bought a pile of crap for 6mill, you should be quite a ginger-scouse-mackem to do it again..

Lets stop buying players who is on their way down, lets buy players who is gonna be a star instead. Im a Norwegian, and I dont want Riise, IMO he is shite.

Btw: I'm from norway and i dont know a single norwegian who would support nufc if riise came here. Even Liverpool fans up here dont like him...

Guest Harry-Norway

In Norwegian newspapers the say KK will buy John A Riise for 80 mill N kroner(6,5 mill Pounds?)

Please KK dont do it,he is not worth it.

Waste of money again.

We have enough rubbish.

In Norwegian newspapers the say KK will buy John A Riise for 80 mill N kroner(6,5 mill Pounds?)

Please KK dont do it,he is not worth it.

We have enough rubbish.

Brother are you on medication?

You need to keep those nerves of yours in check.

I worry about you ...

Guest Peter.Sthlm

Amazing that given the state of our team people would turn their nose up at Riise.

OK, one last time, all together..

WE CAN'T ATTRACT WORLD CLASS PLAYERS!

What have similar players given NUFC the last couple of years?

Duff, Geremi, Smith, Butt, Parker, Babayaro etc. All came as rejects from big clubs for a pretty big fee and none of them has lived up to the expectations. Some of them, Butt in particular, have been okay but still not good enough if the club wants to challenge higher up in the league. I would rather Keegan gave the chance to some unknown guy in the French or German league.

Amazing that given the state of our team people would turn their nose up at Riise.

OK, one last time, all together..

WE CAN'T ATTRACT WORLD CLASS PLAYERS!

I remember what you were saying when we were being linked with Yakubu few years ago. You said that he was the best we could get at present.

What happened few weeks later, I wonder. Oh, that’s right, we only signed Michael Owen!

:iamatwat:

How about just trusting the managers judgement. Keegan might feel he can get more out of the player. Chill out folks.

Besides, we haven't even signed anyone yet.

I will never judge any player till I have seen them play in our colours. Simple as that.

How about just trusting the managers judgement. Keegan might feel he can get more out of the player. Chill out folks.

Besides, we haven't even signed anyone yet.

I will never judge any player till I have seen them play in our colours. Simple as that.

By then it can be too late, fuk that i don't need to have to be shot to know its going to hurt.

I really don't hope Riise will come here. He has the worst goal per shot ratio in the league(maybe that was last season), isn't especially good at defending and most important, he is a grade A fucking cunt. I fucking hate him. If I met him in the streets somewhere in Norway, I would spit after him. I just can't support him, I really couldn't. There is nothing likeable about the guy what so ever. Most people in Norway think he is a joke of a person, and even if he has some skills, it's not much better then what we already have.

Im backing Harry 100% on this one.