Premierships over-rated players

Guest kingdawson

How anyone with half a footballing brain can call scholes and rooney over rated is beyond me, there arent too many players in the league, nay world who can make things happen on a regular basis, Scholes has been a superb midfielder over the years and the only obvious difference between Scholes of past and present is his goal scoring prowess.

Rooney on the other hand is able to do it all, link up play is fanstatic, his finishing is good, creativity is good, work rate is good, tracks back, strong like a bull, superb control, and as a striker is able to take the game by the scruff of the neck and single handedly win the game for you. There arent many strkiers in the world that can do that and by that count alone i belive he's a world class talent, plus he's 22 and hasnt had a decent strking partner or played in his preferred position all the time.

Watched Man U the otehr night and Anderson looked a tidy little player, he reminds me a lot of Scholes in the way he distrubuted the ball, looks like a fiesty little player! Scary times for Man U, there have some scary talent!

Watched Man U the otehr night and Anderson looked a tidy little player, he reminds me a lot of Scholes in the way he distrubuted the ball, looks like a fiesty little player! Scary times for Man U, there have some scary talent!

Yes.  I was one to slate Anderson early on, especially after the Covenrty game, but his passing is nothing short of excellent.  Looks promising.

Nani, on the other hand, is the definition of useless.  Never any end product.  He is shite.

Yes.  I was one to slate Anderson early on, especially after the Covenrty game, but his passing is nothing short of excellent.  Looks promising.

Nani, on the other hand, is the definition of useless.  Never any end product.  He is s****.

Nani is hard to judge at the mo, seems like a very lightweight version of Ronaldo at the mo, 19 years old, good control, very little end product, i think he's definitely one for the future though, has no penetrstion about him whatsoever, dont like him at the mo but think he could be good in the future, seems to have loads of confidence which i think will carry his talent through!!

I'd seen Anderson a few times for Porto before Man Utd signed him and he looked class, only seen the 1 game he's played for them since his transfer (Kiev) and he looked good.

Nani looks like he could become good, very rusty though.

I know the comparisons are inevitable, but Nani looks to me just like Ronaldo did when he started here. Which is worrying.

Doesn't look anywhere near as quick though.

I know the comparisons are inevitable, but Nani looks to me just like Ronaldo did when he started here. Which is worrying.

I think he doesn't look as skillful on the ball, which isn't a gripe btw as we all know what Cristiano can do. He does to me however appear to have more of a work ethic.

For over-rated players just start with Spurs.

Regarding Scholes. Top class player. Definitely not over-rated at all.

Agreed. Scholes is anything but over-rated.

Guest elbee909

I think it was a mirage that anyone's mentioned Scholes being overrated.  One of the most consistent performers in the last ten years, easily would be in anyone's top 20 (if not top 10) Premier League players.

Guest eyeball_tickler

all this praise and nobody has said why he's so good. he only passes to the nearest player and doesnt shoot, cant tackle and ive rarely seen him head a ball. he might not be over rated so much, but he's definitely a shadow of the player he was.

if he played for bolton, he'd be knackered, basically.

Guest eyeball_tickler

Name a consistently better attacking midfielder this league's ever seen..

you're missing my point. he's not as good now as he was.

Guest elbee909

all this praise and nobody has said why he's so good. he only passes to the nearest player and doesnt shoot, cant tackle and ive rarely seen him head a ball. he might not be over rated so much, but he's definitely a shadow of the player he was.

Didn't he outscore Dyer at St. James' in a certain season?  Can't shoot, I've heard it all now - he's scored some excellent goals from outside of the box, proper belters.

He's obviously on the downward spiral but bloody hell, popping up to slag him off now seems churlish.

Correct. But he's still better than 95% of midfielders out there.

5 years ago he was untouchable. A superb player.

Guest eyeball_tickler

You can say that about most players as they reach their early 30's though surely?

yeah, but not many players have the reputation scholes has.

You can say that about most players as they reach their early 30's though surely?

yeah, but not many players have the reputation scholes has.

Yes, but do people generally believe he's as good now as he used to be?

I don't think so.

No way he's over-rated at all, still absolute quality tbh.

Guest eyeball_tickler

Didn't he outscore Dyer at St. James' in a certain season?  Can't shoot, I've heard it all now - he's scored some excellent goals from outside of the box, proper belters.

He's obviously on the downward spiral but bloody hell, popping up to slag him off now seems churlish.

DOESNT shoot. not cant. he rarely shoots these days.

and my point is, he's far from the player he used to be and is lucky he's in such a good team.

DOESNT shoot. not cant. he rarely shoots these days.

and my point is, he's far from the player he used to be and is lucky he's in such a good team.

I think he's earned his right to be in such a good team to be fair, just like Giggs