Spuds Pre match thread

NSG

SSN are saying Berbatov picked up a knock for Bulgaria last Wednesday and is a doubt.

Considering they are playing on Thursday too with 3 games in 7 days I would not be surprised to see Bent come in for Berbatov for this one.

Good time as any to play Spurs at the moment I feel.

SSN are saying Berbatov picked up a knock for Bulgaria last Wednesday and is a doubt.

Considering they are playing on Thursday too with 3 games in 7 days I would not be surprised to see Bent come in for Berbatov for this one.

Wouldnt suprise me either, They could play 4-5-1 because didnt Bent used to play up front on his own for Charlton?

Wouldnt suprise me either, They could play 4-5-1 because didnt Bent used to play up front on his own for Charlton?

Tottenham season ticket holder friend of mine says Martin Jol always plays 4-4-2 the only time he hasn't was indeed 4-5-1 against Newcastle last season... But Defoe was due to play but got injured in the warm up and Mido was not match fit.

So can't see Jol playing anything else other then 4-4-2 given the current striker options he has.

Actually, i think i'd be really keen to see Geremi down the right-wing. Milner really is fucked, and he played during the international break aswell. I think it would benefit both players and the team - because Jimmy just ain't up to scratch at the moment. Geremi however, well, i honestly can't remember him ever playing centre-midfield in the Premiership, and so far it just looks like a waste of talent. He's a good crosser of the ball so it'd be good to see him down the right. It'd be nice to see him as an actual attacking asset.

Consequently, it would offer a balanced - and potentially metronomical - centre-midfield of Butt and Emre. One sitting and one penetrating, each assigned to specific roles, as apposed to the previous combination (Butt/Geremi) mixing and matching. That simply hasn't worked.

Can't wait. Especially if Berbatov is out. We'd be more likely to help him break his duck, than help Bent break his.

Possibly not the best thing for Martin to say, but then Allardyce has been trying to wind up managers left right and center lately too. He said Bale was a waste of money the other day

Possibly not the best thing for Martin to say, but then Allardyce has been trying to wind up managers left right and center lately too. He said Bale was a waste of money the other day

When did he say Bale was a waste of money? Got a link?

Jol has always been a bit of a cunt when he's under pressure. I remember when he first got the job they went on a poor run and Iain Dowie was covering one of the games on the telly, they got beat and he said Jol got it wrong - Jol came out and said Dowie wasn't fit to tie his laces. He's got no class whatsoever.

:rolleyes:

Likely he was commenting on the £40 million Martin Jol w*nked off in the Summer all to end up in the relegation zone.

Very jealous Martin.  :idiot2:

When did he say Bale was a waste of money? Got a link?

Can't find the quotes right now but here's part of the article. It was in the Mirror the other day

Newcastle manager Sam Allardyce has claimed that the £10m Spurs paid for Gareth Bale was ridiculous and was only because he's considered a young British talent for the future.

Allardyce said that he would only cost up to 1.5m Euro's if he was from another continent and claimed that the amount of money spent on young British talent was stupidity.

To be honest, I'd have agreed with him if he'd used Darren Bent as the example! Bale though has been a cracking signing. I'd have paid 20 million for him!

:rolleyes:

Likely he was commenting on the £40 million Martin Jol w*nked off in the Summer all to end up in the relegation zone.

Very jealous Martin.  :idiot2:

Martin Jol doesn't make the signings - we've got a director of football doing it. That's half the problem because he keeps buying players 'for the future' or players we don't actually need (Darren Bent)

Not the wisest of words from Jol, considering we're 8th and they're 3rd bottom.

Agreed, will definately wind our players up hopefully, he's helped us motivate them for tonight. If we beat them, its going to make him look even worse than he already is!

I had a dream last night we were getting beat when i checked the scores on teletext (which i haven't done for about 10 years) then i thought something was odd, checked again and we were playing away, thought to myself thats wrong, checked again and we were then playing Bolton away being beat, again thought to myself were not playing Bolton, checked again and we were winning 3-1 at home to Reading.

Make what you will of that, it did however wake me up this morning seriously confused.

Cheese before bedtime, legendary.  :thup:

TommyW - what is Martin Jol likely line up tonight considering your playing on Thursday night too...?

And is Aarron Lennon back in contention for you lot yet? haven't seen him get played for a while now.

Lennon missed the Liverpool game through injury, but should be back for tonight. I imagine it'll be something like this:

Cerny

Chimbonda Kaboul Dawson Bale

Lennon    Jenas Zokora    Tainio

Berbatov  Keane

Usually we'd play Bale LW but I'm not sure Jol will want to play both Lennon and Bale on the wings. Might leave us a little exposed. To be honest though I think we're best just going for it, because we can't defend to save our lives!

TommyW - what is Martin Jol likely line up tonight considering your playing on Thursday night too...?

And is Aarron Lennon back in contention for you lot yet? haven't seen him get played for a while now.

Lennon missed the Liverpool game through injury, but should be back for tonight. I imagine it'll be something like this:

Cerny

Lennon     Jenas Zokora    Tainio

Berbatov   Keane

Usually we'd play Bale LW but I'm not sure Jol will want to play both Lennon and Bale on the wings. Might leave us a little exposed. To be honest though I think we're best just going for it, because we can't defend to save our lives!

This has high scoring game written all over it.

Guest kingdawson

Cerny

Lennon     Jenas Zokora    Tainio

Berbatov   Keane

yep thats more then likely going to be the team altough i would prefer lee at lb and bale at lw. Still cant understand why malbranque's been dropped.

Guest RodrigoPalacio

I didn't realise Spurs midfield was so poor.  Lennon is very hit and miss imo, Jose will see to him,  Tainio isn't even a winger, never mind a left footed one, Zokora seems decent, and Jenas, well - we all know about him and his 'abilities'.