Everton Match Steward Arrested.

Crumpy Gunt

I didn't think the red card decisions were bad at all.  He acted within the laws of the game.  Obviously he missed that one at the end, but there's something suspect going on in every close game Liverpool play.  It's more that they get every 50/50 decision rather than getting all the big ones though.

You obviously never saw the penalty we concede against Chelsea this season then. From looking at your numerous "let's drive our best player out of the club" posts I can see a few of you are loons but you seriously cannot believe that we're favoured by refs!!

You obviously didn't see the Villa game.

Apparently the directives state that 2 footed tackles which make no contact with the player should be a yellow card.  Which is crazy, really, because that's a red in most people's book.

That's not what was stated by the head of referees at the start of the season in an address to all the managers. A tackle with both feet leaving the floor and studs showing is supposed to be a straight red, contact or not, and the refs were also supposed to be paying special attention to this issue to try and stamp it out.

:laugh:

I didn't think the red card decisions were bad at all.  He acted within the laws of the game.  Obviously he missed that one at the end, but there's something suspect going on in every close game Liverpool play.  It's more that they get every 50/50 decision rather than getting all the big ones though.

You obviously never saw the penalty we concede against Chelsea this season then. From looking at your numerous "let's drive our best player out of the club" posts I can see a few of you are loons but you seriously cannot believe that we're favoured by refs!!

One decision in one game and you're still feeling hard done by.  Just about everything else has seemed to have been in your favour. 

Even just the fact that Steven Gerrard hasn't been booked for diving is enough IMO- it helps that the media don't have a field day everytime he simulates though I supppose.

One decision in one game and you're still feeling hard done by.  Just about everything else has seemed to have been in your favour. 

Even just the fact that Steven Gerrard hasn't been booked for diving is enough IMO- it helps that the media don't have a field day everytime he simulates though I supppose.

I can still never get over that cup final when Stephan Henchoz saved a couple off the line with his hands ... I know Owen scored a brilliant winner but they should have been out of sight by then

Saw the highlights on MOTD and it does look like Everton were totally robbed. It's not just one or two bad, shocking decisions, but several in the course of a match and all in one side's favour. Remarkable really.

Gerrard, as he did at Villa, has dived and conned the referee into a match-changing decision. If this had been the other way round you would never hear the end of it from Benitez. Then again, any manager would find it hard to keep his mouth shut after that refereeing show.

Anyone who witnessed Clattenburg's performance in Shearer's testimonial will know how crap he is. Even the most vehement supporter must agree that we should never have been awarded a penalty......

perhaps, no definetly that was a fiddle so mary poppins could score!

Guest scousertommy

"Seemed to" is exactly the point though isn't it? If you watched all of our games (though there's no reason why you would) you would see just as many decisions go against us. It's the same for everyone - do you think that you've never had dodgy calls go your way at St.James'? Course you have, it's part of the game and as for the Derby I think the ref should have sent Kuyt off, but then again he was right not to give a pen when Lescott fell over in tthe last min.

I missed the last minute Lescott one, and on seeing it today, it really does beggar belief. It's as clear a penalty as you'll ever see, the referee must have known it, but bottled it.

Looks like he's in a spot of bother (The Ref):

Under-fire ref Clattenburg removed from duty

Mark Clattenburg will not be refereeing a Barclays Premier League match this weekend.

The official was criticised for his handling of the Merseyside derby between Everton and Liverpool at Goodison Park on Saturday.

And the Professional Game Match Board have decided Clattenburg will not take charge of a top flight game this weekend.

The Tyne and Wear official incurred the wrath of Toffees manager David Moyes after he sent off Tony Hibbert for bringing down Steven Gerrard in the box.

Dirk Kuyt scored the penalty and 10 minutes later infuriated home fans and players for an aerial lunge at Everton's Phil Neville which only incurred a yellow card.

It meant Kuyt was still on the pitch and available to take the last-minute penalty which gave Liverpool a 2-1 victory.

Kuyt acknowledged afterwards the tackle 'looks bad', adding: 'Maybe I was a bit lucky.'

Everton's veteran defender Alan Stubbs said: 'It was a two-footed lunge. If a player leaves the ground with both feet, that's a red card.

'In the laws of the game if a player goes in with two feet and makes a lunge, and that is what it was, it's a red.'

On the penalty Stubbs added: 'The referee went to book Tony Hibbert holding a yellow card, Steven Gerrard walked past him (the referee) and it changed to a red.

'We saw the replays. That's disappointing. We were 1-0 at half-time and on top, we had control of the game.'

At the end Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher appeared to haul Joleon Lescott to the ground as Everton's nine men fought for an equaliser.

And Stubbs raged: 'If the referee looks at the decision again he will see the penalty appeal was right. Their lad had his arms all around Joleon, what was he supposed to do?

'It's a stonewall penalty. The referee was close, but that means nothing. He was close to a lot of things and didn't give them.

'We are disappointed because we have lost. But there was zero feedback from the referee, I think they should have to come out after a game and explain themselves.

'We have to explain ourselves if we make bad decisions or mistakes, why not referees?'

"Seemed to" is exactly the point though isn't it? If you watched all of our games (though there's no reason why you would) you would see just as many decisions go against us. It's the same for everyone - do you think that you've never had dodgy calls go your way at St.James'? Course you have, it's part of the game and as for the Derby I think the ref should have sent Kuyt off, but then again he was right not to give a pen when Lescott fell over in tthe last min.

He was right not give a penalty? Fucks sake

What's the point in posting on a football forum if you're just going to blatantly lie out of bitterness?

He was right not give a penalty? Fucks sake

What's the point in posting on a football forum if you're just going to blatantly lie out of bitterness?

Rouge tinted specs, mate. 

This was clearly his first or one of his first big tests, and he's bottled it.  There were a lot of tough decisions in this game though, I have some sympathy for him.  In some ways, I think a tight derby game would be tougher to ref than a cup final.

We've always know that in certain situations certain clubs will get certain calls, but the annoying thing with Liverpool this year is that it's so blatantly obvious.  The amount of times that Gerrard just turns and throws his hands up or screams at the referee and gets the call is ridiculous.  That Villa free kick is obviously the worst one, but it's just so transparent at times.

Clattenburg this season had already done the Manchester derby and the North London derby, and had performed brilliantly both times.  Maybe 3 derbies was a bit too much for him.

I hope I get the chance to referee a Merseyside derby that badly!