Owen: My words were twisted. I want to play for Newcastle United.

NSG

Guest Knightrider

Being forced to say this shows his conceit. You don't fool me Michael. You've wanted out from day one and would leave tomorrow if circumstances benefited you. Not that you're the only player like that and to be fair you are committed where it matters, on the pitch. Now score some fucking goals you Welsh bastard.

I think its time we start actually getting behind our best striker who could possibly give us the goals we need to actually win a trophy.

Btw, how the hell do people on here know what happened over the summer? How do you know that he tried to engineer a move with his agent? You don't, you're making up your own stories like some of the shit journalists have been doing in recent weeks.

At the end of the day its not his fault he kept getting injured, we knew he was injury prone when we signed him and he's just been incredibly unlucky with injuries.

If the crowd started trying to get behind him he might not only start banging the goals in but also might even consider staying beyond this season

OWEN: WHATEVER I SAY IS TWISTED

I am a football rebel someone who wants to take on the world in general and Sam Allardyce in particular.

I can honestly say, hand on heart, I have set out to cause a problem for all of my managers. And I'm sure I've succeeded in that aim.

It all stemmed from my recent double stomach operation in Germany which enabled me to be fit and ready for action again in eight days.

Now you might have thought that was a cause for celebration, having worked hard to recover in record time.

It was certainly a positive episode as far as I was concerned I could play in the England games against Estonia and Russia.

I was more concerned about playing for my country than my club.

"Shut It Sam"

I explained that my original comeback target was to play the international.

And that anything ahead of that would be a bonus.

In fact, it was Sam Allardyce who first raised the possibility of me being fit for the game against Everton after he had spoken to the surgeon who carried out my operations.

As it turned out, I was fit for that game albeit as a substitute but it was a case of me rushing back for Newcastle just so I could join up with England.

And, it seems, I was doing it for my country.

I have missed far too much football in recent seasons to be able to afford to pick and choose which matches I want to play in.

I will repeat: I want to play in EVERY game, for England.

A footballer's career is short enough as it is without deliberately missing out on big matches.

I want to help England to win something.

And I still reckon it is possible.

Interview: DAVID HARRISON

I am sure some people will read it like this so I have cut it down for you to save some time ;)

:D

Guest Bramble OG

OWEN: WHATEVER I SAY IS TWISTED

I am a football rebel someone who wants to take on the world in general and Sam Allardyce in particular.

I can honestly say, hand on heart, I have set out to cause a problem for all of my managers. And I'm sure I've succeeded in that aim.

It all stemmed from my recent double stomach operation in Germany which enabled me to be fit and ready for action again in eight days.

Now you might have thought that was a cause for celebration, having worked hard to recover in record time.

It was certainly a positive episode as far as I was concerned I could play in the England games against Estonia and Russia.

I was more concerned about playing for my country than my club.

"Shut It Sam"

I explained that my original comeback target was to play the international.

And that anything ahead of that would be a bonus.

In fact, it was Sam Allardyce who first raised the possibility of me being fit for the game against Everton after he had spoken to the surgeon who carried out my operations.

As it turned out, I was fit for that game albeit as a substitute but it was a case of me rushing back for Newcastle just so I could join up with England.

And, it seems, I was doing it for my country.

I have missed far too much football in recent seasons to be able to afford to pick and choose which matches I want to play in.

I will repeat: I want to play in EVERY game, for England.

A footballer's career is short enough as it is without deliberately missing out on big matches.

I want to help England to win something.

And I still reckon it is possible.

Interview: DAVID HARRISON

I am sure some people will read it like this so I have cut it down for you to save some time ;)

:D

theres a good chance the Sun or someone will pick up those quotes and use them in a story tmorrow :)

Guest eyeball_tickler

:clap: that was good to read and i hope he scores tomorrow night after reading that

christ you're fickle. last week you wanted him to break his leg.

Im of the opinion that when he signs a new contract I believe him until then I will just be waiting for that bid for him. I still think he will score goals in the meantime but signing a new contract means more than words tbh

Guest Micktoon

Being forced to say this shows his conceit. You don't fool me Michael. You've wanted out from day one and would leave tomorrow if circumstances benefited you. Not that you're the only player like that and to be fair you are committed where it matters, on the pitch. Now score some fucking goals you Welsh bastard.

I seriously hope you're fucking on a wind up.

While he is annoyed with the press that they are twisting his words, he shouldnt be so ignorant to think that 1 fan shouting at him is a voice for the other 50,000.  Was harsh on all the rest of the fans if that what was behind the cupping of the ear when he scored against Everton.

Looking forward to seeing him enjoy scoring tomorrow night.

While he is annoyed with the press that they are twisting his words, he shouldnt be so ignorant to think that 1 fan shouting at him is a voice for the other 50,000.  Was harsh on all the rest of the fans if that what was behind the cupping of the ear when he scored against Everton.

Very good point.

Very good point.

but it wasn't just 1,take a look on here to find there is quite a sizable minority who think that way and the booing was loud enough for everyone to hear.

Very good point.

but it wasn't just 1,take a look on here to find there is quite a sizable minority who think that way and the booing was loud enough for everyone to hear.

But most have established that the booing was for subbing Martins off, not bringing Owen on.

Very good point.

But most have established that the booing was for subbing Martins off, not bringing Owen on.

they booed the substitution. you know what a lot of people think re owen,you know the booing wouldn't have happened if martins was going off and someone else had been coming on.

Very good point.

they booed the substitution. you know what a lot of people think re owen,you know the booing wouldn't have happened if martins was going off and someone else had been coming on.

But i think it would.

There was no reason to boo Owen when he was coming back that soon from injury.

Dyer only got slightly boo'd after years of fuking the club over.

Its paranoia to think Owen was being boo'd

Very good point.

But i think it would.

I agree. On the highlights, the booing starts as soon as Martins is coming off, and Owen gets cheered onto the pitch.

Very good point.

But i think it would.

I agree. On the highlights, the booing starts as soon as Martins is coming off, and Owen gets cheered onto the pitch.

the cheering was to drown out the booing

Btw, how the hell do people on here know what happened over the summer? How do you know that he tried to engineer a move with his agent? You don't, you're making up your own stories like some of the s*** journalists have been doing in recent weeks.

At the end of the day its not his fault he kept getting injured, we knew he was injury prone when we signed him and he's just been incredibly unlucky with injuries.

If the crowd started trying to get behind him he might not only start banging the goals in but also might even consider staying beyond this season

1 He has previous- and that involved his boyhood team apparently

2 His injury record for Newcastle and his injury record for England are staggeringly different

3 That would be mighty swell of him

1 out of 3.

Stay fit & sign a new contract would complete the set, in that order.

This being an important step though towards that.

Sam has already said that there will be no new contract negotiations with Owen until he has played something like 20 consecutive games for us and proved he's over his injury worries.

If he can stay fit and plays approaching that many games there's no doubt in my mind that he'll prove his worth with the goals he'll undoubtedly get for us, and the real test of his loyalty will come when a new contract is offered to him.

Owen's pretty shrewd and I'm sure that he wouldn't have made these comments if he couldn't see himself signing an extension to his current contract if and when it's offered.

He has been unfortunate with injuries, he's not a bad lad and I hope he can stay fit and prove his worth..But whether I'd automatically start him is a different question..I love Martins and we need Viduka/Smith to hold up play surely? And I don't reeally like 4-3-3..so decisions for Sam!