Spurs appoint Juande Ramos

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So already the press are bigging up Ramos like f***. According to one journo today he's like Fergie, Wenger and Mourinho rolled into one. :lol:

Let me guess... The Sun?

Bingo! :laugh:

Nono it's true. The only problem is that he is spanish and knows fuck all about the english game and enjoys the rotation policy ;)

I can't believe Ramos is actually lining up to join them.

£25k a week contract as well, i'd have thought he'd demand double that.

I'd rather stay where he is in Spain, crazy man.

Good capture if they pull it off.

(but this is all media talk who all have a hard on for anything Spurs)

From what I see, Ramos has never managed outside Spain, let alone in the Premiership. Is he the right person to take over a relegation scrap three months into the season?

I'm not sure if they really believe it is a relegation scrap... that could be the thing that saves them or the thing that sends them down.

I hear what you're saying. Personally, I don't think they're in a false position and there's a lot of work to be done. If Ledley King doesn't come back, they'll need to bring in a top class defender in January, and that might not be easy. I think you're right though - they think they're a great team in disguise and that could be fatal.

People are quoting other managers who have been new to the Premiership, but Spurs are in a much more tricky situation. Mourinho took over a club who'd finished second in the league and he was given £100 million to spend. Benitez took over a top four club and hasn't really pushed them much further forward. Wenger did extremely well, but he inherited a superb defence that was the bedrock of his later success.

All three were able to take over a club in the close season, with time to prepare and make their mark. Ramos will really have to hit the ground running. Spurs really need a fire-fighter, not a visionary.

Good post. The Spurs situation is more serious than is apparent at casual glance, they can't take 10 more games to get going under the new manager and they can't afford to lose Berb at Christmas...Both are possibilites imo. Things need to be put right from the get go. It will be a tough battle for Ramos. I'm not sure he is the right man personally. I'd have gone for Klinsmann.

Guest optimistic nit

thing is though Ramos WILL need money and because spurs have already spent big he'll not have anything like as much as he will need in jan. spurs will also still have inflated expectations due to the sums spent in the summer and players will most likely cost more in jan than normal.

Imo to give spurs a first team capable of finishing 6th he'll need to invest in one left sided player, a centre back , two central mids and maybe a goalkeeper.

If Robinson's form continues they will need a new goalkeeper without a doubt and having your best centre back partnership as dawson and kabul is a bit like taylor and bramble. one decent cb who looks lost without a very good defender beside him (King, who may never return) and one inexperienced cb. there is no natural leader there and its bound to struggle. Rocha maybe but i don't know how good he is, i get the impression he was meant as a stop gap.

their central midfield is also as weak as piss and there is no great attacking talent there either (Malbranque is good, but not great).

thing is though Ramos WILL need money and because spurs have already spent big he'll not have anything like as much as he will need in jan. spurs will also still have inflated expectations due to the sums spent in the summer and players will most likely cost more in jan than normal.

Imo to give spurs a first team capable of finishing 6th he'll need to invest in one left sided player, a centre back , two central mids and maybe a goalkeeper.

If Robinson's form continues they will need a new goalkeeper without a doubt and having your best centre back partnership as dawson and kabul is a bit like taylor and bramble. one decent cb who looks lost without a very good defender beside him (King, who may never return) and one inexperienced cb. there is no natural leader there and its bound to struggle. Rocha maybe but i don't know how good he is, i get the impression he was meant as a stop gap.

their central midfield is also as weak as piss and there is no great attacking talent there either (Malbranque is good, but not great).

Spurs are nowhere near as bad as you're making out, nothing that a decent manager with good tactics couldn't sort out.

Spurs need a new keeper, a rock solid defensive midfielder and a new CB if King is still knackered, apart from that it's all down to getting the midfield playing as a more solid unit because there's plenty of goals in the side.

Guest kingdawson

Spurs are nowhere near as bad as you're making out, nothing that a decent manager with good tactics couldn't sort out.

Spurs need a new keeper, a rock solid defensive midfielder and a new CB if King is still knackered, apart from that it's all down to getting the midfield playing as a more solid unit because there's plenty of goals in the side.

spot on yet again  :thup: :thup:

KD yous definitely need a centre midfielder who's capable of grabbing the game and the team for that matter by the scruff of the neck.

Would make a hell of a lot of difference IMO.  blueyes.gif

Spurs squad is decent, although nowhere near as good as their fans think. I just think it's weird that they are going for Ramos when he doesn't speak particularly good English. The last manager they had like that was Santini and one of the reasons he was booted was his poor use of our language.

Lippi was talking about his desirte to manage here but he reckoned he couldnt do ot cos of his piss poor English.

Risky business for Spurs imo.

Guest kingdawson

KD yous definitely need a centre midfielder who's capable of grabbing the game and the team for that matter by the scruff of the neck.

Would make a hell of a lot of difference IMO.  blueyes.gif

yep that should be the number one target.

I can't believe Ramos is actually lining up to join them.

£25k a week contract as well, i'd have thought he'd demand double that.

I'd rather stay where he is in Spain, crazy man.

Good capture if they pull it off.

(but this is all media talk who all have a hard on for anything Spurs)

Unless I was gannin' bonkers, I'm sure they said on't radio his salary is reputed to be more like £120k a week.