Spurs appoint Juande Ramos

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Obviously I hope this goes tits up for them, but I can't see it. Ramos seems the perfect man at the perfect time.

If they sell-up to new owners as well, which is more than likely, I'll start to worry about them again.

They missed the boat under Levy and Jol two seasons ago, that's plain to see, but with both of them gone and better replacements in then Champions' League qualification is definitely back on the radar. New stadium/training ground in the pipeline as well.

Worrying times when you hate Spurs as much as I do.

Just like Santini should have been though, no need to panic just yet

Then they've got a better board than us.

3 years should be long enough to turn around a decent squad of players into a top 4 manager, if you can't do it then you should rightly lose your job.

I'd rather their approach over ours if we plan on letting fat Sam scratch his arse around mid table and the Uefas cup places without any pressure to push on.

If we had finished 5th the past two seasons like Spurs have then I would think it would be a diffrent kettle of fish. I can't see either manager pushing their team into the top 4 anytime soon but as time goes by I would have more faith in Allardyce getting us into the top 4 than Ramos getting Spurs there.

again a load of steaming bollocks. He's been a success at near enough every club he's been at but i guess you judge success just on winning trophies :rolleyes:.

Tell me about this success then as I've read up on him and fail to see anything that depicts a manager who is being described as a mix of Mourinho, Wenger and Ferguson tbh.

you really are stoopid scy,ramos has been a success at every club he's been at beginning in 93-94,which accounts for why he's very rarely spent more than a season or so at a club...................and he doesn't have a reputation for resigning....2+2 =?

haha my mistake  :laugh: you have to wonder why a manager resigns so much at his clubs...

ok number 1 the price is irrelevant so stop going on about it.

Your judging a pair of strikers that have played 10 games at most together against a pair of strikers that have had a season of playing together and scoring and creating bucketloads of goals. Judging a strikeforce isnt just judging the ammounts of goals they score (especially considering Mcarthy and Cruz are both typical target man strikers). its about judging the movement, passing and how well they work together. From what ive seen, mccarthy and Cruz havent actually linked up that well, its just that there both excellent individual strikers that are capable of scoring a lot of goals regardless of who they play for.

How on earth is the price irrelevant? You've paid out an extra £15.5M for a pair of strikers than McCarthy cost Blackburn and those strikers only managed 5 more goals than him.

And I'll rate a pair of strikers on how many goals they get between them. If that's more than another pair of strikers then the first pair is the better strike force. You can cry on about "judging the movement, passing and how well they work together" all you want, but if that doesn't produce as many goals as a strike pairing that doesn't play as fluently together then it's all irrelevant in the end.

Are you really that slow?. The price is irrelevant because we are discusiing who the BEST strikeforce is NOT 'Who's the cheapest strikeforce' or 'which strikeforce would you prefer for the price they cost?' .

No, I took everything into account when I choose my best strike partnership. Price, previous clubs, age, previous goal records etc. McCarthy and Santa Cruz came out on top. I didn't see any restrictions as to what to consider when I asked you originally tbh.

And nice of you to ignore the last bit, you don't agree that the goal record outcome is more important than having two players who are fluent together? I'd much happier see Owen and Martins get 30 goals between them this season whilst falling over each other than see them play beautiful together and scrape 15.

Scy you silly bastard, goals are irrelevant... as long as strikers play 'spurs' football then they're a good strikeforce

Sadly though ramos is just what spurs need atm

i think he seems like a really good manager, but at the same time he's got no experience of managing a team, or getting a team too a position better than where spurs are now (as in finished 5th last year), although imo that would only be a minor concern as he seems up to the job. a bigger concern for spurs imo is the behaviour of their backroom staff, both in their handling of jol and because i don't see ramos as a superior boss to jol (different yes, but not superior) so they are not really getting a better manager, only a different manager. if this is where they have got with jol, ramos may not find it that easy.

Jol had serious limitations.  Maybe Ramos has as well but at the present time they are not self-evident.

Obviously I hope this goes tits up for them, but I can't see it. Ramos seems the perfect man at the perfect time.

If they sell-up to new owners as well, which is more than likely, I'll start to worry about them again.

They missed the boat under Levy and Jol two seasons ago, that's plain to see, but with both of them gone and better replacements in then Champions' League qualification is definitely back on the radar. New stadium/training ground in the pipeline as well.

The name most commonly cropping up at the moment is Daniel Snyder, but my friends across the pond say he is the last person on earth we should be hoping will buy.  At the present time, if I was offered the choice of the current billionaire owners buying Spurs, I would opt for Ashley as being the best option.  Most of the others could bale out at any time and no-one would really be surprised.

Just like Santini should have been though, no need to panic just yet

Santini was forced out by Arnesen, as simple as that.  No-one thought he would stay long and he didn't.

When Ashley and Allardyce came to Newcastle, did NUFC fans sit on the spurs board all night having a jizz fest?

Good if you guys are happy, but its taking the piss spoutin shite here, just looking for arguments. If u r that happy go and tell all of your other mong supporters.

Jenas for England captain while we on.

would i be wrong in thinking he's took them from 6th(before he joined) to 5th and 3rd winning two uefa cups....how much was there before him ? for all winning the uefa cup would be lovely will that experience help him in the prem in any way ? have a look at his form pre 2005.

Guest kingdawson

Your judging a pair of strikers that have played 10 games at most together against a pair of strikers that have had a season of playing together and scoring and creating bucketloads of goals. Judging a strikeforce isnt just judging the ammounts of goals they score (especially considering Mcarthy and Cruz are both typical target man strikers). its about judging the movement, passing and how well they work together. From what ive seen, mccarthy and Cruz havent actually linked up that well, its just that there both excellent individual strikers that are capable of scoring a lot of goals regardless of who they play for.

How on earth is the price irrelevant? You've paid out an extra £15.5M for a pair of strikers than McCarthy cost Blackburn and those strikers only managed 5 more goals than him.

And I'll rate a pair of strikers on how many goals they get between them. If that's more than another pair of strikers then the first pair is the better strike force. You can cry on about "judging the movement, passing and how well they work together" all you want, but if that doesn't produce as many goals as a strike pairing that doesn't play as fluently together then it's all irrelevant in the end.

Are you really that slow?. The price is irrelevant because we are discusiing who the BEST strikeforce is NOT 'Who's the cheapest strikeforce' or 'which strikeforce would you prefer for the price they cost?' .

No, I took everything into account when I choose my best strike partnership. Price, previous clubs, age, previous goal records etc. McCarthy and Santa Cruz came out on top. I didn't see any restrictions as to what to consider when I asked you originally tbh.

And nice of you to ignore the last bit, you don't agree that the goal record outcome is more important than having two players who are fluent together? I'd much happier see Owen and Martins get 30 goals between them this season whilst falling over each other than see them play beautiful together and scrape 15.

So you judged the strike PARTNERSHIP of Cruz and Mccarthy on what they've done at previous clubs and there previous goal records despite the fact that they've never played together until this season :rolleyes:. Very clever indeed. Scy im afraid to tell you that youre actually judging what each player has done individually and then just combining the 2. Oh and Berbatov and Keane are a younger partnership so i fail to see why youve mentioned age.

Guest kingdawson

would i be wrong in thinking he's took them from 6th(before he joined) to 5th and 3rd winning two uefa cups....how much was there before him ? for all winning the uefa cup would be lovely will that experience help him in the prem in any way ? have a look at his form pre 2005.

do you consider Mark Hughes a success at Blackburn?

do you consider Boothroyd a success at Watford?

do you consider redknapp a success at Pompey?

So you judged the strike PARTNERSHIP of Cruz and Mccarthy on what they've done at previous clubs and there previous goal records despite the fact that they've never played together until this season :rolleyes:. Very clever indeed. Scy im afraid to tell you that youre actually judging what each player has done individually and then just combining the 2. Oh and Berbatov and Keane are a younger partnership so i fail to see why youve mentioned age.

You've been as quiet as a fucking lamb all week. Amazing what a sacking can do... :rolleyes:

yes

juries out

yes.

would you consider them to be good managers had they managed poorly for the previous 12 years more often than not,not seeing out a full year in charge of the club they were in charge of ?

Do you always pick out little parts of people posts and ignore the post as a whole? It's quite....sad. Yes, I judged my whole point on what they have done at previous clubs, even though I've already mentioned McCarthy's previous season at Blackburn several times (the season he alone scored 5 less league goals than both Keane and Berbs I'd like to add) :rolleyes: I mentioned age because that is one of the points I considerd when I choose my favoured partnership, it wasn't a major contributer to my decision as you would gather by my choice...

You've yet to respond to my comment about goals being more important than fluent play btw...

yes

juries out

yes.

would you consider them to be good managers had they managed poorly for the previous 12 years more often than not,not seeing out a full year in charge of the club they were in charge of ?

from the looks of it, Ramos has hardly managed poorly. the only time he's done badly was managing barcelona's b-team where your job has more to do with player development than grinding out results. in his other jobs he's won 3 promotions, one of which was to take rayo vallecano to the primera division, a team he then took on to the quarters of the uefa cup.

yes

juries out

yes.

from the looks of it, Ramos has hardly managed poorly. the only time he's done badly was managing barcelona's b-team where your job has more to do with player development than grinding out results. in his other jobs he's won 3 promotions, one of which was to take rayo vallecano to the primera division, a team he then took on to the quarters of the uefa cup.

malaga mid table,levante didn't come up (i think) and we of all clubs should know it doesn't necessarily take a good team to reach the final stages of the uefa cup.

not knocking what he's done at seville but i think the press are having a jizzfest over thie appointment which i think may be over the top.he has a lot to do to prove he's a ferguson or wenger.

Guest LucaAltieri

yes

juries out

yes.

malaga mid table,levante didn't come up (i think) and we of all clubs should know it doesn't necessarily take a good team to reach the final stages of the uefa cup.

not knocking what he's done at seville but i think the press are having a jizzfest over thie appointment which i think may be over the top.he has a lot to do to prove he's a ferguson or wenger.

Or, indeed, both a Ferguson and Wenger combined. Christ on a bike. Agree entirely.

Guest kingdawson

yes

juries out

yes.

How can the jury be out on Boothroyd when he has already lead a team that were predicted to at the most reack the top half of the table to a promotion and are currently top of the championship?

Guest kingdawson

yes

juries out

yes.

Thi is correct mate.

didn't he get Sevilla promoted back to La Liga? Or wasn't he there at the time? (if anyone here knows)

I'm pretty sure he did well at Valildolid and Malaga. Managed them both in europe i think.

yes

juries out

yes.

How can the jury be out on Boothroyd when he has already lead a team that were predicted to at the most reack the top half of the table to a promotion and are currently top of the championship?

cos they also got relegated and this season has a long way to go.

is allardyce a success at nufc cos we are doing better then we were before he came ?

Seems to me Ramos is due a failure,much as Jacques Santini was.Wishful thinking maybe.It will be hard to get Spurs into the European places from where they are.Top 6 in England,when at the moment they according to league position just scrape into the top 6 in London.

Guest kingdawson

yes

juries out

yes.

cos they also got relegated and this season has a long way to go.

is allardyce a success at nufc cos we are doing better then we were before he came ?

Totally different as Boothroyd as achieved a promotion and Allardyce hasnt actually achieved anything YET.