Norwich appoint Roeder, Lee Clark goes too (and now Pattison on loan)

Guest alex

Evidence = the way he played. Since we know he can do a little better.

N'Zogbia was arguably our best player the season before and Roeder went out and spent 33% of his transfer budget on left wing, I'm not that surprised that the player had a lip on.

He was 18 at the time and stated regularly that he wanted to play centrally. Duff was a successful Chelsea player. He wasnt our best player either.

I agree with Baggio too. If Roeder can get us to 7th with the squad he had then we should expect it from Allardyce now. Everyone has got better this season so its not as easy a job but then Allardyce keeps telling us how good he is so he should step it up a bit. 

:lol: Big Sam does have a few fucking tickets on himself like.

Aye, Babayaro and Carr, my point isn't that Roeder is some sort of great coach Mick, my point is the squad Allardyce took over was capable of a much higher finish than where they finished and injuries played a part in that, you can't tell me that we wouldn't have picked up more points over the season if Michael Owen was fit for the majority of it, even if there is no way of proving it.

Why people have such low expectations for Allardyce this season I don't know.

I wouldn't try to tell you that we wouldn't have got more points if Owen had been fit but that would have been down to having him rather than the manager.  Roeder struggled because he couldn't get the best out of his players and seemed to do better when he had no decisions to make.

It appeared that when Roeder made a decision we got beat, when the team picked itself we did OK.

My expectations of Allardyce are that he should do better than Roeder did if he's a better manager, I do think he is a better manager but I think he might be too stuck in his ways and that might prevent him from being an even better manager.  I'm not convinced that he's going to reach the heights that he should be capable of reaching but only time will tell, I hope he proves to be more adaptable than he seems to have been so far.

He was 18 at the time and stated regularly that he wanted to play centrally. Duff was a successful Chelsea player. He wasnt our best player either.

I agree with Baggio too. If Roeder can get us to 7th with the squad he had then we should expect it from Allardyce now. Everyone has got better this season so its not as easy a job but then Allardyce keeps telling us how good he is so he should step it up a bit. 

The fact that N'Zogbia was 18 shouldn't come into it, Man U won a championship with a team which had a load of 18 year old's in it.  N'Zogbia may or may not have been our best player, I can't remember many better.

Duff was mainly a back-up player at Chelsea, he wasn't the same player that played so well for Blackburn, don't get me wrong I expected better from him because of what I'd seen of him in the few games he played that I was able to watch.  He wasn't as good as he had been and didn't look brilliant before we got him.  I still thought that he was a bargain when we bought him, I just thought he was a purchase that we didn't need when we had limited funds but that's been done to death.

I agree with both you and Baggio about how we should do, we've still got time to improve.

The fact that N'Zogbia was 18 shouldn't come into it, Man U won a championship with a team which had a load of 18 year old's in it.  N'Zogbia may or may not have been our best player, I can't remember many better.

Duff was mainly a back-up player at Chelsea, he wasn't the same player that played so well for Blackburn, don't get me wrong I expected better from him because of what I'd seen of him in the few games he played that I was able to watch.  He wasn't as good as he had been and didn't look brilliant before we got him.  I still thought that he was a bargain when we bought him, I just thought he was a purchase that we didn't need when we had limited funds but that's been done to death.

I agree with both you and Baggio about how we should do, we've still got time to improve.

Slight exaggeration on the 'load' there Mick! Not many teenagers won the Premiership title with Man Utd. Know who they were?

Slight exaggeration on the 'load' there Mick! Not many teenagers won the Premiership title with Man Utd. Know who they were?

Neville's x 2, Giggs, Beckham, Scholes and Butt are a few I can think of in the mid to late 90's, I would think at least 4 of those won it while still a teenager.

Taylor should do well in Championship, he needs games. 

Graeme Souness felt that Taylor had enough ability to reach the top, but had for some time believed that without adopting a more aggressive physical approach he would not fulfil his potential
From wiki

At least Roeder had the balls and decency to resign, Souness never would have.

I cant blame Souey for hanging in to sacked rather than resign it was worth millions of pounds.

I can. The greedy, self-serving bastard.

At least Roeder had the balls and decency to resign, Souness never would have.

I cant blame Souey for hanging in to sacked rather than resign it was worth millions of pounds.

I can. The greedy, self-serving b******.

We all can but I would of done a souey & hung on in there for the ££££'s

The teams decent performance under Roeder was due to the lift you normally get around a football club when the manager changes. We even had a decent run under Souness for the first 10 games or so. The team (inc. manager) should've been judged on what they achieved for a full season and the full transfer window. That is what SA has to improve upon. The 'better than 7th' thing is not being honest with the circumstances imo.

The teams decent performance under Roeder was due to the lift you normally get around a football club when the manager changes. We even had a decent run under Souness for the first 10 games or so. The team (inc. manager) should've been judged on what they achieved for a full season and the full transfer window. That is what SA has to improve upon. The 'better than 7th' thing is not being honest with the circumstances imo.

Couldn't agree more.

Ignoring the fact you're wrong, did Man U win those championships by going into a season with their youngsters having no adequate backup and expecting them to play 50 - 60+ games? Oh, sorry I forgot we had Luque and Emre who could play just as well on the left wing too.

I don't believe N'Zogbia's form went to shit because we bought Duff, it was just a coincidence. If it did is that the sort of player we want to be relying on anyway? One that can't stand a bit of competition?

So we're currently in this period with Allardyce then? I guess we should expect performances to get worse.  :undecided:

Bit different when it's a manager like Souness getting the sack two-thirds of the way through the season under those circumstances to Allardyce taking over at the start of a campaign and having a massive rebuilding task. Don't get me wrong - Roeder deserved enormous credit for getting us 7th but it isn't directly comparable with looking at the whole of Allardyce's first season imo.