Norwich appoint Roeder, Lee Clark goes too (and now Pattison on loan)

Guest alex

With 6 or 7 minutes to go against reading,  fat sam was slumped in his chair rubbing his face, scratching his head, checking out his fingernails. No encouragement, no shouting ....fuck all. Clearly given up.

No different to roeder standing with his arms folded saying nothing.

Agreed, both went into the games playing for a point and both made a mess of it.

Guest Bramble OG

Lets see if Allardyce can get us a 7th place finish.

Roeder needed the help of Shearer and Souness for the 7th place finish.

Exactly. Once he had full control, the ability to bring his own players and shape the team etc. his side was a fucking shambles. Allardyce doesn't have to come 7th to be taking the team in the right direction although I think he will get us that high (or thereabouts). Roeder meanwhile was taking the team in the wrong direction with relegation being a real possibility.

Good luck to Norwich, and Glenn, but I have very little respect for Roeder as a manager or the oft trotted out idea of him being a 'nice person'.

From the off his demenour and self referencing turned me right off, and sadly it wasn't very hard to understand that a player might find it difficult to respect the man.

Souness?! :lol:

As for Shearer, of course he helped but managers are helped by coaches every day on the training pitch, without meaning to go with the same old excuse Roeder used but injuries fucked us up last season, it's not really an excuse it's a fact, that's not me saying Roeder was good enough because he clearly wasn't but I haven't seen anything different on the pitch to think Allardyce will be much better.

Last season was a write off because of the injuries we had, even Roeder's biggest critics would have to admit things would have been different without them, especially to Michael Owen. Allardyce inherited a squad which finished 7th under a mixture of Souness and Roeder, hardly a pairing to get the best out of a team, the only difference was Shearer leaving and he was shit for the last 2 years anyway.

If we don't have another major injury crisis, I don't see why it should not be a realistic target for Allardyce to match or better that 7th this season, especially with the £25 million he spent in the summer.

Allerdyce took over a team that finished 13th or 14th, not seventh. The team was fookin broken, We nearly got relegated through the boards & Roeders arrogance.

The squad that he took over was a squad capable of a 7th place finish, the only reason we finished so low was because of the ridiculous amount of injures we picked up last season which made the season a write off, even Roeder's biggest critics can't deny there would be a good chance of us finishing higher without the huge injury list we had last season.

Now if we don't have another injury crisis this year then fat Sam should at least be matching that 7th place finish considering he's spent another £25 million on top of that.

Last season was a write off because of the injuries we had, even Roeder's biggest critics would have to admit things would have been different without them, especially to Michael Owen. Allardyce inherited a squad which finished 7th under a mixture of Souness and Roeder, hardly a pairing to get the best out of a team, the only difference was Shearer leaving and he was s*** for the last 2 years anyway.

If we don't have another major injury crisis, I don't see why it should not be a realistic target for Allardyce to match or better that 7th this season, especially with the £25 million he spent in the summer.

Good post. I could have written that myself.

Roeder suffered with injuries because he badly messed up in the transfer market. Sam on the other hand has made the kind of squad-filling moves we needed last year. though with remarks shepherd has made since then, i get the impression he only used Roeder as a stop-gap for a season, in order to get the man he really wanted (Allardyce) at a later date. this would have an inevitable impact on the kind of support Roeder would receive, only getting proper funds for big name stars like Duff, or essential signings like a striker to replace both Owen and Shearer. This doesn't excuse Roeder's pathetic dismissal of Sol Campbell tho.

Olivier Bernard. That's my final say on the matter.

That was because we needed a left back and we had fucked up the Wayne Bridge deal, was that Roeder's fault or Shepherd's?

So we signed one so unfit he didn't play all season?

Roeder suffered with injuries because he badly messed up in the transfer market. Sam on the other hand has made the kind of squad-filling moves we needed last year. though with remarks shepherd has made since then, i get the impression he only used Roeder as a stop-gap for a season, in order to get the man he really wanted (Allardyce) at a later date. this would have an inevitable impact on the kind of support Roeder would receive, only getting proper funds for big name stars like Duff, or essential signings like a striker to replace both Owen and Shearer. This doesn't excuse Roeder's pathetic dismissal of Sol Campbell tho.

I've thought that for a while too, makes a lot of sense.

Agree about Campbell although i remember not being convinced by the quotes that backed up the view he dismissed him out of hand.