Norwich appoint Roeder, Lee Clark goes too (and now Pattison on loan)

Guest alex

I wish the bloke all the best. He gave his all for the club as player, coach and manager. He failed as a manger here, but hell he's in good company there.  Norwich are one of those sides thats impossible to dislike (unless you're an Ipswich fan) so good luck to them.

Roeder is a crap manager so I wish him no luck at all, the bloke hasn't got a clue no matter how well intentioned he was, I feel sorry for the Norwich fans getting stuck with him.  The only difference with him this time is that he might just go down with somebody’s team instead of creating his own set of relegation candidates.

The squad that he took over was a squad capable of a 7th place finish, the only reason we finished so low was because of the ridiculous amount of injures we picked up last season which made the season a write off, even Roeder's biggest critics can't deny there would be a good chance of us finishing higher without the huge injury list we had last season.

Now if we don't have another injury crisis this year then fat Sam should at least be matching that 7th place finish considering he's spent another £25 million on top of that.

Injuries are no excuse for Roeder, you have a short memory because we had better results when players normally picked by Roeder were injured.

Do you walk all over your boss and expect him to pander to your every whim?

When did N'Zogbia walk all over Roeder?

The only thing I know of him doing is playing with his mobile phone during a Roeder team talk.

You weren't at Portsmouth last season. N'zogbia was a disgrace with absolutely no effort at all.

I could probably look at each player and find at least 1 game when I could say the same thing about them.

The squad that he took over was a squad capable of a 7th place finish, the only reason we finished so low was because of the ridiculous amount of injures we picked up last season which made the season a write off, even Roeder's biggest critics can't deny there would be a good chance of us finishing higher without the huge injury list we had last season.

Now if we don't have another injury crisis this year then fat Sam should at least be matching that 7th place finish considering he's spent another £25 million on top of that.

Was it?  The league doesn't lie mate.

I also seem to remeber last season, that when some of so called senior pros returned from inury they put in some shocking, socking preformances.  We were better off without some of them.

One of the key factors for him getting us up to 7th was that the place was on a monumental high; Souness had gone, Shearer had got the 201st, we won a couple games on the bounce and it was a domino effect. He did extremely well, because he played it simple. We had a good team - the key was the wings, imo - getting Nobby and N'Zogbia to actually play as proper wingers. But it wasn't Glenn Roeder's managerial expertise that got us up to that position.

Do you walk all over your boss and expect him to pander to your every whim?

When did N'Zogbia walk all over Roeder?

The only thing I know of him doing is playing with his mobile phone during a Roeder team talk.

That statement was made in relation to his attitude and was meant to illustrate the issue of man-management in the face of a dis-interested employee with no respect for the fans or the club. Unless you're going to re-write history and tell me N'Zogbia wasnt like that last year?

By your way of looking at it Gimp Boro and Man City had a better squad of players than us last season. correct?

The league doesn't lie mate.

We were shit last season, we had serious problems that Roeder was never going to resolve.

Glenn Roeder - honest? a proper man?

not only he doesn't have the constitution to manage anything, he's a pathetic liar, a hypocrite and a spineless bore. he turned his back to our fans a long time ago,  basically lying to us in order to please Shepherd.

i really rate Souness higher than Roeder, despite the fact that he did the bigger damage here.

their fans seem to think they're going to take Clark or Pearson (or both) from us.

They haven't even got enough money to take Terry Mac off us nevermind our assistant or Clark.

Ideally they'd take Clark, Pearson and Round.

their fans seem to think they're going to take Clark or Pearson (or both) from us.

They haven't even got enough money to take Terry Mac off us nevermind our assistant or Clark.

Ideally they'd take Clark, Pearson and Round.

why Round?

Evidence = the way he played. Since we know he can do a little better.

N'Zogbia was arguably our best player the season before and Roeder went out and spent 33% of his transfer budget on left wing, I'm not that surprised that the player had a lip on.

Injuries are no excuse for Roeder, you have a short memory because we had better results when players normally picked by Roeder were injured.

Aye, Babayaro and Carr, my point isn't that Roeder is some sort of great coach Mick, my point is the squad Allardyce took over was capable of a much higher finish than where they finished and injuries played a part in that, you can't tell me that we wouldn't have picked up more points over the season if Michael Owen was fit for the majority of it, even if there is no way of proving it.

Why people have suck low expectations for Allardyce this season I don't know.

Perhaps you have unrealistically high expectations?

I don't think qualifying for Europe, something we've done 7 times in the past 10 years is expecting too much, Dave.

I also don't think it's expecting too much that the team should be going to places like Derby and Reading and at least having a go at winning the game.

Evidence = the way he played. Since we know he can do a little better.

N'Zogbia was arguably our best player the season before and Roeder went out and spent 33% of his transfer budget on left wing, I'm not that surprised that the player had a lip on.

He was 18 at the time and stated regularly that he wanted to play centrally. Duff was a successful Chelsea player. He wasnt our best player either.

I agree with Baggio too. If Roeder can get us to 7th with the squad he had then we should expect it from Allardyce now. Everyone has got better this season so its not as easy a job but then Allardyce keeps telling us how good he is so he should step it up a bit.