Not sure why people are in shock. (We must stick with SA).

Parky

Jesus, some people; don't you get bored of calling for a managers head after a few games? We're a massive improvement on what we were last year, and this is after spending very little in the transfer window. 

Yes, the match today was embarrassing, but give the bloke a chance, he's got players with skill that can't YET communicate properly with each other, but they will improve.

Though people are right when they say his tactics stink at the moment, I have no idea why he's played Milner and Zoggy on the wrong sides, I think he is just feeling his way around our players strengths and weaknesses.

I just hope he gets the support from us that he will need - at least until the end of the season.

Hypothetcially...

If Allardyce does such a poor job this season to get the push, then that would suggest that we wont have improved on our position from last season... so we are looking at 13th,14th/15th again.

If that happens, and he is sacked..... what top level, Champions League quality manager are we going to attract ?

Mourinho, Capello et al wont even breathe our name never mind come to manage the team.

Get behind Allardyce or the negtativity will finish us off completely.

allardyce i believe gives the right structure to the club... forward thinking, keeping the players in check etc, but his tactics seem to be wrong... I think really think he needs an assistnat that will challenge what he thinks and believes tactically, i really think we need to replace pearson, pearson seems like a yes man.

Whatever the grey areas and the tactical footprint....He needs results to start going for him.

that i'll agree with

Coming from you that's a f****** rarity madass... :lol: :laugh:

seems obvious...results have been poor, hence he needs results to go for him. i know i can be a touch left field but the f****** obvious rarely gets past me.

Whatever the grey areas and the tactical footprint....He needs results to start going for him.

that i'll agree with

seems obvious...results have been poor, hence he needs results to go for him. i know i can be a touch left field but the f****** obvious rarely gets past me.

Being pissed I'm over compensating by drowning the thread in rationality. bluerazz.gif

Allardyce needs to convince me he's learning from his mistakes. If he does that then I'll be content with a season of rebuilding.

Being willing to drop his captain and haul his most experienced defender off after only 15mins are relatively good signs IMO.

This isn't to excuse his other mistakes today of course.

that i'll agree with

Being pissed I'm over compensating by drowning the thread in rationality. bluerazz.gif

you............rationality.

i don't see the connection :yikes:

that i'll agree with

I am held in place only by weather systems.

that i'll agree with

I am held in place only by weather systems.

you've added an "a" in "wether"

Sorry Yorkie if I read your post wrong, I still think we should be doing better than we are considering who we've played.  How much was the limited  budget Allardyce had?

I think we paid out about £25m, and recieved about £14m through the Parker and Dyer deals. So that's only £11m, which compared to what the likes of Manchester City, West Ham, Portsmouth, Sunderland, and just generally in comparison to the crazy figures paid out this summer - it's quite limited.

Sorry Yorkie if I read your post wrong, I still think we should be doing better than we are considering who we've played.  How much was the limited  budget Allardyce had?

I think we paid out about £25m, and recieved about £14m through the Parker and Dyer deals. So that's only £11m, which compared to what the likes of Manchester City, West Ham, Portsmouth, Sunderland, and just generally in comparison to the crazy figures paid out this summer - it's quite limited.

matters not on how much we spent but on the personnel at hand.

(shakespearean toon)

Mark Viduka is a huge out for us, especially the way BSA likes to play.

Portsmouth are a team full of big, strong, fast, black men. They were always going to be our weakness with Owen and Smith playing up front.

I'd like to forget about it, but our season is in shambles considering we're sitting on 17 points from 11 games, and still haven't played a single one of the big 4.

Our season hinges on how we go (especially at home) against the big 4 for mine.

Portsmouth are a team full of big, strong, fast, black men. They were always going to be our weakness with Owen and Smith playing up front.

I'd like to forget about it, but our season is in shambles considering we're sitting on 17 points from 11 games, and still haven't played a single one of the big 4.

:lol:

:lol:

mackems.gif

West Ham spent a fair bit less than us tbh.

Plus the players he got rid of are players the fans wanted rid of anyway, he spent £25 million and doesn't seem to have improved us much at all.