Steve McClaren

Dave

I think with a better partner you could get another season out of him.

Totally agree!

There is no point in debating Colo with Ron as it's blatantly obvious that the curly-haired one has bummed his pet dog or budgie!

Guest firetotheworks

I wouldn't have Colo anywhere near the team. Of the senior CBs we've got I'd only start him ahead of Williamson.

What is it with you and Colo man? Everyone knows your opinion, I haven't seen one of your posts for a while and then when I do it's in the Steve McClaren thread and it's about Colo...I don't get it. :lol:

I think the problem with Colo is that he's had to cover both positions as for the last however many years we've had absolute shite lined up next to him. I think if he was in a position where he could trust his partner to pull his weight and then develop a solid relationship with the left back akin to the one he had with Enrique then we may see his game improve.

Colo was and in my opinion still is a classy, quality player and to be honest I don't really blame his head going over the last few years - look at what he's had to put up with, playing next to iron mike and being managed by mr hoofball pards.

I wouldn't have Colo anywhere near the team. Of the senior CBs we've got I'd only start him ahead of Williamson.

Add into the equation that Taylor is very rarely available and you can see why he had to play the majority of last season. I think if Mbemba signs (and is half decent considering none of us have seen much of him), and Dummett isn't at left back, we'll not see much of Colo starting.

No doubt he still retains talent though, and may flourish once again alongside a more commanding, younger centre half. I imagine it's been very difficult to play alongside a non-footballer in his twilight years.

A real club would have arranged an SBR annual tournament between Ipswich, ourselves, PSV and Sporting....rotate around the clubs every year

I think more appropriate for the club in its current state would be an annual Alan Pardew is a c*** tournament between ourselves, Charlton, West Ham, and Southampton. It would have the added advantage of not having to play games in Europe thus meaning we weren't relegated before the season starts.

:knuppel2:  Grrrrr....  Do not make me laugh when on conference call with the boss    :D :D

Agree, every single centre-half we have currently is not good enough both on paper and in practice for various reasons. McClaren still needs to focus all his efforts on bringing in another 1 even if we do get Mbemab.

Agreed. Wouldn't happen but I would start Dummett over Colo. Dummett is Mr. Fundamentals. Colo makes Dummett look like John Terry.

:lol: :facepalm:

I think the problem with Colo is that he's had to cover both positions as for the last however many years we've had absolute s**** lined up next to him. I think if he was in a position where he could trust his partner to pull his weight and then develop a solid relationship with the left back akin to the one he had with Enrique then we may see his game improve.

Colo was and in my opinion still is a classy, quality player and to be honest I don't really blame his head going over the last few years - look at what he's had to put up with, playing next to Tin Foil Mike and being managed by mr hoofball pards.

That's better.

I think with a better partner you could get another season out of him.

Totally agree!

There is no point in debating Colo with Ron as it's blatantly obvious that the curly-haired one has bummed his pet dog or budgie!

While I feel bad for his budgie, it is a pointless exercise trying to reason with someone who sees everything in black and white. With the College dropout I can understand as he's basically a long ball disciple and Harry Bassetts would be our chief scout if it was up to him. Nowt wrong with that other than Williamson is soft as shite despite his size.

Guest Howaythetoon

I wouldn't quite give up on him under McClaren, a defensive coach whose game-plan is based on defence, possession and being compact and functional. I think Colo could perform quite well under McClaren and his methods. He's a busted flush though, he has been poor for 2-3 seasons now. I'd personally keep him, but would rather we replaced him in the starting 11.

Guest Howaythetoon

By the fucking way... Shuttlers? Fuck off, same with the false number nine shite. Its midfielders, attackers, forwards, strikers, wingers, wide players, attacking midfielders, defensive midfielders etc.

I think Colo will see a temporary Renaissance if given a decent partner. He was so poor last season that it is easy to forget how good he has been at other junctures during his time here. There's one good season left in him imo

Guest Howaythetoon

False 9 is an actual thing though.

Explain... seriously!

http://thefalse9.com/2013/09/football-tactics-for-beginnersthe-false-9.html

Bull shit, number 9s the world over, i.e. main centre-forwards have often dropped deep. Cole wasn't a penalty box striker nor was Shearer or Sir Les.

Messi isn't a false number 9, he's a playmaker, an attacking forward. He's not a centre-forward or a striker or a midfielder or a winger.