Steve McClaren

Dave

I think they hope the "warm weather training", "bonding trip" or whatever this friendly shite is supposed to be will sort it all out.  When we failed to get McClaren the back up plan was McClaren, when McClaren failed the back-up plan is McClaren in bermuda shorts.

I think they hope the "warm weather training", "bonding trip" or whatever this friendly shite is supposed to be will sort it all out.  When we failed to get McClaren the back up plan was McClaren, when McClaren failed the back-up plan is McClaren in bermuda shorts.

I hope the next back-up is complete with erotic consequences.

That's a good point on the away form Vlad. Aside from a few good performances where we were unlucky like at Arsenal and the win at Spurs it's been absolute toilet and that has to come from the manager.

I disagree on taking the other names mentioned though. I overheard someone talking earlier about bringing in a motivator to work a long side Cathro and the coaching staff like Sherwood or Redknapp and although I think those names are

laughable to replace him with I wonder if it is simply a matter of motivation and confidence.

Get Roy Keane to just stand there with his dog scowling at them.  You wouldn't have another bad game if you came off to find a mental bearded Irishman staring at you in the showers.

This thread was desperate for McClaren to be dismissed this week. The slight mention of Bagpuss and everyone is shitting themselves & to hold on to McClaren.

He is out of his depth in the premier league. If people want to see us down and then he gets the boot in the hope we have more time to appoint the right guy to bring us back up don't waste your time. This club appears to act better under pressure. When they have time to make decisions they usually get it wrong.

Can't believe some still defending McClaren and blaming the players, rightly the players have been shit, but take his Derby County form into this season, so basically his yearly form, he's terrible. Never wanted the guy from the off, utter stupid naive bellend. A mate not a manager.

Moyes.

Pearson.

In my view this board will stick with McLaren through thick and thin.  Its their judgement that is on the line by appointing him, and they just can't bring themselves to admit their judgement was horribly flawed.

Ultimately though, the main reason they will stick with Mc Laren is the old adage that if you give the manager time he will eventually build a succesful side. 

Quite where they get this belief is beyond me, because the only managers who have ever been given time have been sucessful pretty much immediately, which has in turn bought them more time, even Sir Alex was on the verge of being fired when he got a stay by actually winning something.

The Arsenal fans have been clamouring for Wenger to be replaced for at least the last four or five seasons because they haven't won anything of note by their standards.  Even Liverpool are on their 4th or 5th manager in the last ten years or so.  Chelsea have had quite a few successful managers in the last ten years who have been sacked as soon as it's become apparent they won't win the title, and even Man city are turning over managers on a fairly consistent rate despite winning titles and trophys.

How on earth our board thinks McLaren should be given time is staggering, wgiven the attrition rate of managers in the top clubs.

It's a pipe dream but I still think Keegan with a 3 year contract a sensible yearly transfer budget and free reign over football matters, saves us from relegation this season and takes us forward much quicker and with a lot more enjoyment than any other football manager

It's a pipe dream but I still think Keegan with a 3 year contract a sensible yearly transfer budget and free reign over football matters, saves us from relegation this season and takes us forward much quicker and with a lot more enjoyment than any other football manager

Just thought of something interesting there. If Ashley did something like that and Keegan accepted....all forgiven or Keegan sold out to the devil?

I'd keep him like. He's not great, and there's a decent chance he'll get us relegated, but also might keep us up. Reckon anyone Ashley could, or rather would, appoint now would be near guaranteed to cause us to descend it to complete chaos and relegation.

Unless Redknapp would come. Not a fan but reckon he'd maybe have a decent chance of keeping us up.