Steve McClaren

Dave

You can just post that s*** without demanding apologies and waking away with your chest pumped out bc you've googled something and regurgitated that information like some sage football professor.

You can just post that s*** without demanding apologies and waking away with your chest pumped out bc you've googled something and regurgitated that information like some sage football professor.

I make statements and posts that are fair then i'm constantly barraged with criticism. My first point was a simple tactical observation about where ADM fits into PSG. In this case it's easy to prove my point as it's a matter of fact. Of all PSG midfielders ADM is most similar to Matuidi, left footed, midfield engine shuttlers (although in different ways as Mole pointed out). But Matuidi is excellent. Pastore/Lavezzi aren't excellent and ADM can play that position but it's not his best position and for all that money, you would hope he would be in his best position. That's all I said. In comes shite about Matuidi being a DM, Verratti being an attacking player and mocking of the term "shuttler".

I didn't even demand my apology this time. It's more gratitude I seek, after imparting my wisdom.

But seriously, have none of you ever heard of a midfield "shuttler"?

I played the game to a pretty high level as a kid/teen and like to think I'm a decent enough student of it these days (without perhaps the same level of arrogant self-assurance as yourself) - but I've never heard of a shuttler. My erudition could use some work oh great one, please teach us the way.

But seriously, have none of you ever heard of a midfield "shuttler"?

I played the game to a pretty high level as a kid/teen and like to think I'm a decent enough student of it these days (without perhaps the same level of arrogant self-assurance as yourself) - but I've never heard of a shuttler. My erudition could use some work oh great one, please teach us the way.

This is why i'm here after all.

But seriously - there was no arrogance in my initial post. But when idiots laugh, I shall put them in their place.

The post about being correct 90% of the time and others needing to really understand what i'm saying or re-evaluating their own opinion is truly the realest thing i've ever wrote.

It always amazes me the vitriol TRon has for Williamson while defending Coloccini at every opportunity.

It's because Coloccini can actually do one job pretty well. I'm of the opinion you need at least one cb who is an out and out stopper and one who can read the game and cut out the stuff that gets past the stopper. Of course you'd like two cb's who have all these attributes, but as we don't have them, I rate Williamson as a shite stopper and Colo as a decent reader of the game. So I could see Colo working ok with a John Terry type for example, but I couldn't see Williamson working with anyone at this level.

It always amazes me the vitriol TRon has for Williamson while defending Coloccini at every opportunity.

It's because Coloccini can actually do one job pretty well. I'm of the opinion you need at least one cb who is an out and out stopper and one who can read the game and cut out the stuff that gets past the stopper. Of course you'd like two cb's who have all these attributes, but as we don't have them, I rate Williamson as a shite stopper and Colo as a decent reader of the game. So I could see Colo working ok with a John Terry type for example, but I couldn't see Williamson working with anyone at this level.

Explanations aside, it's a fairly normal opinion given that Colo is infinitely better than Williamson.

It's because Coloccini can actually do one job pretty well. I'm of the opinion you need at least one cb who is an out and out stopper and one who can read the game and cut out the stuff that gets past the stopper. Of course you'd like two cb's who have all these attributes, but as we don't have them, I rate Williamson as a s**** stopper and Colo as a decent reader of the game. So I could see Colo working ok with a John Terry type for example, but I couldn't see Williamson working with anyone at this level.

Explanations aside, it's a fairly normal opinion given that Colo is infinitely better than Williamson.

:thup: I find it quite easy to despise Williamson. Colo on the other hand has been an excellent servant over the years and naturally his game has dropped off as he has aged.

Whenever we've been shite. Colo has been shite. that 16th season, more or less awful. I remember being in the minority with that opinion right up until he said he wanted out, then everyone agreed.

I didn't.

Coloccini's been terrible for 3 seasons. Physically awful, poor effort levels, consistently poor decision making.  It's some sort of minor miracle that people are stupid/stubborn enough to continue to advocate his position in the team.

He still brings it out of defense elegantly and without the spasms that williamson bringing it out evokes!

Yep, his defending has gotten ever worse over the last year or two

I'd heard of the term shuttler.

But I'm sure it was Mr Cox from ZonalMarking and it was with regards to Ramires.

But other people have referred to Andel Di Maria as one also.

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/my/features/how-angel-di-marias-wasteful-play-key-manchester-uniteds-season

I'm not here to comment on the PSG player as I've not seen them play much.

I beg no pardons.

I'd heard of the term shuttler.

But I'm sure it was Mr Cox from ZonalMarking and it was with regards to Ramires.

But other people have referred to Andel Di Maria as one also.

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/my/features/how-angel-di-marias-wasteful-play-key-manchester-uniteds-season

I'm not here to comment on the PSG player as I've not seen them play much.

I beg no pardons.

I see that you know of the term 'shuttler'. That makes you a very intellectual person indeed. One of the most intellectual on the board.

However, you did not spell the name of Angel Di Maria correctly which makes you a complete inebriate who could never even hope to compete with the likes of myself who spells correctly 101% of the time and for that reason I demand an apology. In fact actually no I don't need one, you can just thank me for pointing out your stupidity and you can learn and ensure you do not make the same mistake again in future.

Coloccini's been terrible for 3 seasons. Physically awful, poor effort levels, consistently poor decision making.  It's some sort of minor miracle that people are stupid/stubborn enough to continue to advocate his position in the team.

Probably because the alternatives are worse, i'm more than happy to see him sold should we bring in another starter on top of Mbemba though.

In an ideal world he wouldn't be in the team, as his best years are long gone, but with our current plethora of centre halfs, there's no argument to be had - he has to be in the team. This will hopefully change when we sign Mbemba and whoever else.

Guest reefatoon

Whenever we've been s****. Colo has been s****. that 16th season, more or less awful. I remember being in the minority with that opinion right up until he said he wanted out, then everyone agreed.

http://m.c.lnkd.licdn.com/mpr/mpr/p/4/005/07c/3f8/189db7d.jpg

Guest firetotheworks

:lol: :lol: :lol: