Steve McClaren

Dave

I think you could say that about the whole squad tbh, LFEE. Instead of just keeping it simple we've got most of the midfield and attack trying to interchange with each other and play multiple roles.

Don't disagree with you at all. The reason I made the point more towards the fullbacks is we need to stay in games longer and currently we are playing with two defenders with one of them being long past his best.

From his quotes yesterday I reckon we'll be playing a lot more defensively against Chelsea and Man City. Wouldn't be surprised to see Anita back in the team either. The only  problem is we have very little pace up front to counter attack.

His aim in the next two games will be to keep the scores down, and rightly so. It's literally the only area he's not copied Pardew so far getting utterly bummed.

What? He's clearly set us up to play on the deck rather than Pardew's hoofball.

[emoji38] howay man

Look, we've been s****, but this "McCarvdew" bollocks is just lazy. We've clearly tried to play it out from the back. Hasn't worked, mind.

Explain to me how other than us getting a 4/5/6-0 bumming he's differed from Pardew so far.

Eh, I just told you. We've tried to keep the ball on the deck to a greater extent rather than hoofing it at every opportunity.

We've also tried different systems and approaches to games too, rather than just one plan every single time.

We started last season with a 'new approach' as well if you recall. Knocked it about on the ground without any aim or purpose. Sound familiar?

I don't remember Pardew trying to tailor different plans for different games, no. He tried one thing for a few matches and retreated to what he knew.

I think you could say that about the whole squad tbh, LFEE. Instead of just keeping it simple we've got most of the midfield and attack trying to interchange with each other and play multiple roles.

Don't disagree with you at all. The reason I made the point more towards the fullbacks is we need to stay in games longer and currently we are playing with two defenders with one of them being long past his best.

From his quotes yesterday I reckon we'll be playing a lot more defensively against Chelsea and Man City. Wouldn't be surprised to see Anita back in the team either. The only  problem is we have very little pace up front to counter attack.

His aim in the next two games will be to keep the scores down, and rightly so. It's literally the only area he's not copied Pardew so far getting utterly bummed.

[emoji38] howay man

Look, we've been s****, but this "McCarvdew" bollocks is just lazy. We've clearly tried to play it out from the back. Hasn't worked, mind.

Explain to me how other than us getting a 4/5/6-0 bumming he's differed from Pardew so far.

Eh, I just told you. We've tried to keep the ball on the deck to a greater extent rather than hoofing it at every opportunity.

We've also tried different systems and approaches to games too, rather than just one plan every single time.

We started last season with a 'new approach' as well if you recall. Knocked it about on the ground without any aim or purpose. Sound familiar?

I don't remember Pardew trying to tailor different plans for different games, no. He tried one thing for a few matches and retreated to what he knew.

You say it like it's working though [emoji38]

Still defensive. Still turgid.

Turgid, yes, but not always defensive.

What? We've had the least shots on target in the league.

[emoji38] howay man

It's clearly not working. But that wasn't what you were saying.

Still defensive. Still turgid.

Turgid, yes, but not always defensive.

What? We've had the least shots on target in the league.

That doesn't necessarily mean it's always defensive. That could signal many things. Swansea was defensive, Arsenal was defensive, Man U second half was. I don't think the other 3 games have been, though. We were just poor.

That's being bad, it's not being defensive.

We've been really bad at getting players in the box for years now. That is going to take time to put right, assuming McClaren thinks it needs putting right.

We had 4/5 players in the box on numerous occasions yesterday. Their positioning and deliveries, on the other hand, were shit.

[emoji38] howay man

What I said was other than avoiding bummings he's so far done nothing different to Pardew and I stand by it. It was countered with but we've passed it a bit more, to which I replied that's what we did last season too, just as aimlessly.

Pardew even dropped little Vurn and kept Colback :lol:

So the only positive or thing he's done differently is try different systems, which is only partially true, and none of the changes have worked either.

Therefore in conclusion, from what I can see, he's tried different systems that don't work. That's it. That's what sets him apart from Pardew at this point.

Good stuff.

[emoji38] howay man

What I said was other than avoiding bummings he's so far done nothing different to Pardew and I stand by it. It was countered with but we've passed it a bit more, to which I replied that's what we did last season too, just as aimlessly.

Pardew even dropped little Vurn and kept Colback :lol:

So the only positive or thing he's done differently is try different systems, which is only partially true, and none of the changes have worked either.

Therefore in conclusion, from what I can see, he's tried different systems that don't work. That's it. That's what sets him apart from Pardew at this point.

Good stuff.

Well, trying different systems and approaches is quite a big part of the game, like.

Edit: I'm curious as to where you think this more incisive play is going to come from, by the way. Ignoring some of the deficiencies in our squad, you need confidence for players to play riskier, more incisive football. It's not as simple as just telling them to do it, they've got to have the character to actually go and perform like that.

Worse thing about this current malaise is the Pardewites coming out the closet again, we never should have got rid, look at what he's doing at Palace, all you mongs forcing him out etc...

As much as I don't rate Schteve, he really needs to get a serious run on soon and Pardew to return to type so we can finally get that monkey off our back and put to bed this myth that Pardew is some kind of mastermind.

Worse thing about this current malaise is the Pardewites coming out the closet again, we never should have got rid, look at what he's doing at Palace, all you mongs forcing him out etc...

As much as I don't rate Schteve, he really needs to get a serious run on soon and Pardew to return to type so we can finally get that monkey off our back and put to bed this myth that Pardew is some kind of mastermind.

I don't see people advocating Pardew; I do see people saying Pardew, as a manager, not a man, might just have offered more. That's quite staggering but it may well be true.

I don't see people advocating Pardew; I do see people saying Pardew, as a manager, not a man, might just have offered more. That's quite staggering but it may well be true.

I wasn't meaning here, there's an almost unanimous hatred for Pardew here, I was talking about social media in general and certain blog sites I've had this misfortune to read recently.

He should be thoroughly embarrassed of his work thus far but I suspect, like I suspect of a lot of folk in the industry, he's happy to pick up his wages and ride the never-ending footballing merry-go-round where your next job is never far.

He'll just be delighted to have his mug back in the Premier League. He's exactly like Pardew in that sense. A never-was pulled off the scrap heap purely because he's desperate and will do exactly what he's told.

:thup: :thup:

McLarens United have so far won 0% of the league games though.

From 6 games. Our winless run last season was longer than this. :lol:

Keep watching as it aint going to improve anytime soon