Steve McClaren

Dave

I put my fears on hold and thought id wait and see what happens but from those few games it looks like nothing has changed.  The deep "depression" the club is going through stems from Ashley, an owner who isn't really arsed about football or driving the club forward and making he club a success (of sorts).  This attidude of just doing enough from Ashley is seeping down to the board and decision making.  I would love to be a fly on the wall in tranfser negotiations, I'd love to know how they sell NUFC to potential signings (yes i know money).  The club is in a depression, its filtering down from an owner who doesn't really care, to a board who do as they are told and have no intention if driving the club forward.  The players know what the club stands for under Ashley and thats "continue as is"...The players seem to have the attitude of "why should I bother my arse" and we have a manager who had to be asked 3 times to take the job, who was on the manager scrap heaphimself anyway. 

Players have seen colleagues and friends binned off and treated badly over the years and now its at the "why give a fuck" moment.

The club really is dying from lack of care, love and direction.  It stinks and the only thing thats getting any success out of this whole mess is Sports Direct and its share holders, while the fans suffer this torment of nothingness.

I was listening to the radio earlier, Steve Claridge was on the radio earlier talking about teams like Leicester, Southampton and Watford etc.  They know they aren't going to grab a champions league place, so after the promotion and the exciting bounce from that, what do you do?  You play decent attacking football, have a go, work hard give it a blast.

Ourselves Sunderland and Villa are like old folks just hanging round a retirement home waiting for death to save us from our misery.

Oddly I'm still feeling pretty mellow abut the season so far. I kind of have the feeling that it'll all click in to gear at some point and the main thing holding a revival up is the club's stupid decision not to purchase a proven goalscorer. Hopefully that poor judgement won't be our overall downfall because I don't think we're as bad as the table suggests and I don't think the guys that have come in are as bad as some of the media claim. It's a strange position for me to be in to be honest, I despise Charnley's obvious lack of ability to run a football club and I despise Ashley's stupidity to believe the wrong people are capable in advising him on running the club but for a change I'm still feeling slightly open to the possibility that with McClaren in charge and the money spent recently that we 'might' turn things around, it's just a shame that lazy feckers like Cissé and Sissoko can't get motivated to pull their weight.

Worse thing about this current malaise is the Pardewites coming out the closet again, we never should have got rid, look at what he's doing at Palace, all you mongs forcing him out etc...

As much as I don't rate Schteve, he really needs to get a serious run on soon and Pardew to return to type so we can finally get that monkey off our back and put to bed this myth that Pardew is some kind of mastermind.

I don't see people advocating Pardew; I do see people saying Pardew, as a manager, not a man, might just have offered more. That's quite staggering but it may well be true.

No one is that stupid

Starting to sound like this cunt might walk soon. If he really doesn't understand our issues or thinks he can't fix them, the pressure may get to him.

McClaren at Nottingham Forest

Appointed on 13 June

In charge for 112 days

Left with Forest fourth from bottom in the Championship, one point above the relegation zone

His team picked up eight points from 10 games

Forest failed to win at home in five games when he was in charge

McClaren at Newcastle United

Appointed on 10 June

Second from bottom after six games

Picked up 2 points from a possible 18

Failed to win at all in six games played

1 point picked up in three home league games

Hard to see how we are going to be on anything more than 11 points after 15 games which is clearly relegation form.  He does not have the arrogant self deluded mindset that Pardew had so I can see him walking (rather than being pushed at that stage) if things do not turn around by then.

To effectively be admitting he is at a loss as to what to do is very worrying so early in the season. A positive (ish) first four games has completely unravelled itself in the last 2.

He really needs to go all out in the cup to get some confidence.

You can only really play one up top if you have a gaggle of pacey and talented AM/F's pushing on. We haven't.

You'd think a supporting 4 of Perez, Wijnaldum, Sissoko and Thauvin would be enough in that department. Some good pace and technical ability in there. There's not much of a focal point for them to play off...

Needs to stop leaving 3 back when we attack against good counter sides, mind, as we're too soft for it. If Janmaat bombs on, just leave Haidara back and get the 4 covering in a diamond shape to have a higher chance of getting second balls.

It's hard to say what's going on up front. Even when we get more numbers forward, the final ball is poor, something's lacking etc. I remember him saying a while back that he changed his approach to giving instructions in Holland, letting players think about things more. Perhaps he thinks our attackers are better than they are and is giving them too much decision-making freedom and not enough clarity. We had 40 crosses on Saturday and I can only remember 2 actually being decent, that's also a huge problem, even with Mitrovic in the team. It really can't be that hard to whip a ball in, at least 1 in 10, none of this floated rubbish.

I put my fears on hold and thought id wait and see what happens but from those few games it looks like nothing has changed.  The deep "depression" the club is going through stems from Ashley, an owner who isn't really arsed about football or driving the club forward and making he club a success (of sorts).  This attidude of just doing enough from Ashley is seeping down to the board and decision making.  I would love to be a fly on the wall in tranfser negotiations, I'd love to know how they sell NUFC to potential signings (yes i know money).  The club is in a depression, its filtering down from an owner who doesn't really care, to a board who do as they are told and have no intention if driving the club forward.  The players know what the club stands for under Ashley and thats "continue as is"...The players seem to have the attitude of "why should I bother my arse" and we have a manager who had to be asked 3 times to take the job, who was on the manager scrap heaphimself anyway. 

Players have seen colleagues and friends binned off and treated badly over the years and now its at the "why give a fuck" moment.

The club really is dying from lack of care, love and direction.  It stinks and the only thing thats getting any success out of this whole mess is Sports Direct and its share holders, while the fans suffer this torment of nothingness.

I was listening to the radio earlier, Steve Claridge was on the radio earlier talking about teams like Leicester, Southampton and Watford etc.  They know they aren't going to grab a champions league place, so after the promotion and the exciting bounce from that, what do you do?  You play decent attacking football, have a go, work hard give it a blast.

Ourselves Sunderland and Villa are like old folks just hanging round a retirement home waiting for death to save us from our misery.

Can't really disagree with that, but at the same time over the last few seasons we've had players like Alan Smith, Shola, Obertan, Williamson, Gosling and now Coloccini & Cisse who consistently get picked each week no matter how badly they perform - Alan Smith couldn't even pass the ball 10m to a teammate without fucking up.  The message that the rest of the team receive is why bother trying when you'll get paid, retain your place on your team and possibly even be made captain no matter how badly you perform.

What we need is genuine competition for places, a captain with actual leadership skills and a manager with a ruthless streak who will drop players who don't perform.

What we need is genuine competition for places, a captain with actual leadership skills and a manager with a ruthless streak who will drop players who don't perform.

This is absolutely fucking spot on. For all the talk of Ashley being the reason for the malaise at the club this this the real reason.

Coming on 5 years with managers too afraid to do anything.

McLaren should have come in and binned about 6 senior players off the bat. Instead he's handed one a new contact and made him the leader of the club, played Obertan and Colback etc.

This is absolutely f***ing spot on. For all the talk of Ashley being the reason for the malaise at the club this this the real reason.

McLaren should have come in and binned about 6 senior players off the bat. Instead he's handed one a new contact and made him the leader of the club, played Obertan and Colback etc.

True - but the I believe the fact that Ashley has never gone out and paid money to hire a manager actually doing a good job and in the ascendency is actually the underlying reason. He always employs someone free, unemployed and ideally with connections to someone already at the club as it's the path of least resistance. He still doesn't realise that 5 million spent to release a decent, effective manager from a current contract will get millions more value from the existing playing staff. This is far more important than shelling out millions on additional players and expecting any Tom, Dick or Harry to come in and manage them into an effective unit.

The same goes for the executive team. Charnley is nowhere near qualified enough to be doing the role he is doing, and his recruitment in effect led to McClaren's, but it was the easy option for Ashley.

Ashley needs to wake up and realise that Charnley, Carr et all need to go, to be replaced by an MD with good experience for the role. More of the transfer sign-off needs to pass to the manager too, although I can never see Ashley agreeing to that as he seems dead set on the DoF model and the manager simply coaching the players bought for him.

This is absolutely f***ing spot on. For all the talk of Ashley being the reason for the malaise at the club this this the real reason.

True - but the I believe the fact that Ashley has never gone out and paid money to hire a manager actually doing a good job and in the ascendency is actually the underlying reason. He always employs someone free, unemployed and ideally with connections to someone already at the club as it's the path of least resistance. He still doesn't realise that 5 million spent to release a decent, effective manager from a current contract will get millions more value from the existing playing staff. This is far more important than shelling out millions on additional players and expecting any Tom, Dick or Harry to come in and manage them into an effective unit.

The same goes for the executive team. Charnley is nowhere near qualified enough to be doing the role he is doing, and his recruitment in effect led to McClaren's, but it was the easy option for Ashley.

Ashley needs to wake up and realise that Charnley, Carr et all need to go, to be replaced by an MD with good experience for the role. More of the transfer sign-off needs to pass to the manager too, although I can never see Ashley agreeing to that as he seems dead set on the DoF model and the manager simply coaching the players bought for him.

Well, yes, the fact that the club hire these shitehawks in the first place is the prevailing factor in why they're at the club doing the job badly in the first place [emoji38]