Steve McClaren

Dave

It's all gone eerily quiet hasn't it?

Calm before the nothing.

Sports Direct FC number one rule, stick your head in the sand, keep quiet and wait for it to all blow over. You can almost hear the "lalalala not listening!" Ringing out of St James'

I've never seen a more obvious example of a team not wanting to play for a manager. It's been like this since day one though.

It has to go beyond the manager though surely? The culture of mediocrity is top-to-bottom throughout the club. McClaren has been awful but I'm not convinced a new man would be able to turn it around.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

We've got 28 points from our last 38 games...sacky, sacky...the reign of the unicorn must end

I've never seen a more obvious example of a team not wanting to play for a manager. It's been like this since day one though.

It has to go beyond the manager though surely? The culture of mediocrity is top-to-bottom throughout the club. McClaren has been awful but I'm not convinced a new man would be able to turn it around.

Of course, the entire club needs destroying. However, Ashley's not gonna walk away tomorrow whereas schteve might do.

Of course, the entire club needs destroying. However, Ashley's not gonna walk away tomorrow whereas schteve might do.

Word.

Realistically we aren't going to be able to make any major sweeping changes to the team or tactics between now and the end of the season. A good motivator is the best option if we are just going to get a short term replacement.

I think Moyes would come if he was given final say on transfers. This is still seen as one of England's glamorous clubs by British managers if only for the potential. Great way for him to get back in the game with a high profile club.

Moyes would be a shit. Need a good motivator.

Moyes is a decent manager, but he's not what we need and I don't think he'd be able to keep us up in this position.

I don't think he'd keep us up but it's probably still worth a shot, because McClaren is definitely taking us down. Moyes wasn't the direction I wanted to go a year ago, but we have to stop kidding ourselves. He's a safe pair of hands and he'd build a solid team given time.