Steve McClaren

Dave

Guest LucaAltieri

Why? What has that to do with anything?

...it's in the spirit of the lips 'joke'.....

Just stop replying, man.

He's the mackem lovechild of Morph and Invicta.

So, Parky, you can make jokes about Crouch being a bean pole but you can't make a joke that swp is 99.9% lips?

Are you hiding behind an equality argument now? Fuck me :lol:

Never understood the appointment of MacClaren in the first place and it's not the first time the FA have got it spectacularly wrong.

It's the FA that needs ripping apart and rebuilding as there are too many of them that are more interested in self-aggrandizement and know less about football than they should. Get rid of Barwick and his cronies, give the positions to real football men (like Sir Bobby for example).

There is not one England player that we would not have at Newcastle. Willingly, as they are better, man for man, than anything we have.

Even wright philips would be an improvement and after yesterday, as one of my mates said, you might as well wet his lips and stick him on the back window.

I'd rather have Given/Harper than Robinson/Carsson

The FA are officially total fucking spazzoids for appointing him in the first place. There were no surprises from McClaren, he was as shit as everyone with a cursory knowledge of football expected.

The buck stops with the man that appointed him, the largest spazz involved with English football.

The buck stops with the man that appointed him, the largest spazz involved with English football.

Brian Barwick?

Aye.

Have to agree. In strong formal structures the descision makers should be held accountable in some way. In the corporate world he'd be out on his ear.

Brian Barwick?

Aye.

Have to agree. In strong formal structures the descision makers should be held accountable in some way. In the corporate world he'd be out on his ear.

That and the fact that anyone with half a brain knew that he was a shit club manager and the least likely person to win us a tournament.

Guest Sniffer

Not so sure about that,Parky. I've seen some amazing decisions made in my company taht left you scratching your head. There's always a fall guy but it's never the top man.

Not so sure about that,Parky. I've seen some amazing decisions made in my company taht left you scratching your head. There's always a fall guy but it's never the top man.

Many big businesses start to fail when they stop listening.

McClaren still has that little smug fucking smile on his face as he says "This is one of the saddest days of my career".  It's like he can't get rid of it.

Does anyone else find it strange that the Beeb and Sky Sports are pushing the Redknapp/Coppell angle so hard?  I've seen both the interview with them, and they both seem to deny any real chance they'd get the England job, even though Redknapp says it would be an honor.  And then the Pompey chairman says he wouldn't be allowed to speak to the FA.  Yet the media's coming up with stuff like "Redknapp coy on England job" and "Coppell and Redknapp refuse to rule themselves out".

Guest LucaAltieri

McClaren still has that little smug fucking smile on his face as he says "This is one of the saddest days of my career".  It's like he can't get rid of it.

Does anyone else find it strange that the Beeb and Sky Sports are pushing the Redknapp/Coppell angle so hard?  I've seen both the interview with them, and they both seem to deny any real chance they'd get the England job, even though Redknapp says it would be an honor.  And then the Pompey chairman says he wouldn't be allowed to speak to the FA.  Yet the media's coming up with stuff like "Redknapp coy on England job" and "Coppell and Redknapp refuse to rule themselves out".

Yeah, but at the same time he's saying that the next manager needs to be English. He's trying to force the FA's hand into ruling out the other major candidates and/or fan choices (MON, Jose, Capello). Allardyce ruled himself out. So he's effectively trying to get it narrowed down to a choice between him, Coppell, Big Al, and anyone yet to throw their hat into the ring.