Steve McClaren

Dave

Glenn Hoddle made a good point on the Sky highlights last night I thought (and him and Wilkins piss on Hansen/Wright/Shearer as pundits btw) when he said we're too static in our formations. Look at Croatia, Arsenal, most foreign teams; when they have the ball it's difficult to see what formation they are actually playing as the focus and emphasis is on pass and move, pass and move. We have two static banks of four and fucking nowhere to go. That's why there's never any options and the ball ends up being humped up to the big lad.

Part of the reasoning for my team.

Hoddle makes a good international manager. I'd be happy to have him back.

Glenn Hoddle made a good point on the Sky highlights last night I thought (and him and Wilkins piss on Hansen/Wright/Shearer as pundits btw) when he said we're too static in our formations. Look at Croatia, Arsenal, most foreign teams; when they have the ball it's difficult to see what formation they are actually playing as the focus and emphasis is on pass and move, pass and move. We have two static banks of four and fucking nowhere to go. That's why there's never any options and the ball ends up being humped up to the big lad.

The entire midfield spent the whole match last night hiding from the ball when the defenders were looking for someone to play it to.

Lampard was the worst offender. He's in many ways the epitome of witless England. Looks great for Chelsea where he's playing his habitual role, put him in a situation where he has to use his nous and he hasn't got a fucking clue and just goes missing.

Can't see them jumping into this, what would be the point? Unless they can get Jose or Lippi, then they might as well wait 6-7 months, save themselves some money, and see whats available then rather than now.

Until that time, scour the planet for the most talented coaches with different ideas and get them working once a month (couple of days) with 30-40 of our best, doing nothing but a training camp, talking tactics, monitoring fitness, talking about their club form and careers, and getting the team back together. You could even offer our top club managers to take a monthly session each, to get more ideas into the pot.

Cancel all friendlies until the season is over, give them a NT break, then make them all join up in the summer while 2008 is on for the full time, out of the continent, and train like bitches with the new coach.

So if the FA chose Mclaren over Sam, and given that Mclaren =  :crazy2:

Does that say more about the FA, or about Sam?

Down here in Aus we're also looking for someone to take us to the WC, and have a similar strength squad, only a much smaller chequebook. I'll cut and paste a current (utterly pie in the sky in our case but maybe not for england) list of managers being thrown around for the Australia job. Just to get everyone started.

"Pim Verbeek, Jorvan Vieira, Gerard Houllier, Juergen Klinsmann, Wim Jansen, Co Adriaanse, Frank Rijkaard, Jose Mourinho, Leo Beenhakker and Philippe Troussier" (I personally can't see why Rijkaard wouldn't want to leave Barca to oversee qualifying games against such heavyweights as Bhutan and Laos, so maybe you should cross him off that list as he is clearly destined for the socceroos already).

Can't see them jumping into this, what would be the point? Unless they can get Jose or Lippi, then they might as well wait 6-7 months, save themselves some money, and see whats available then rather than now.

Until that time, scour the planet for the most talented coaches with different ideas and get them working once a month (couple of days) with 30-40 of our best, doing nothing but a training camp, talking tactics, monitoring fitness, talking about their club form and careers, and getting the team back together.

Cancel all friendlies until the season is over, give them a NT break, then make them all join up in the summer while 2008 is on for the full time, out of the continent, and train like bitches with the new coach.

When do the World Cup qualifiers start though?

Edit: They start in September 2008, never mind. :blush:

Until that time, scour the planet for the most talented coaches with different ideas and get them working once a month (couple of days) with 30-40 of our best, doing nothing but a training camp, talking tactics, monitoring fitness, talking about their club form and careers, and getting the team back together.

When do the World Cup qualifiers start though?

After the summer, start of next season.

We don't need the friendlies, they will produce nothing we don't already know.

They need a moral boost, and a new way of thinking, fresh legs wouldn't go a miss either.

I just think now is the time to get a little experimental instead of keeping to the same way of doing things, as its clearly not working.

Guest LucaAltieri

The FA. I remember at the time they said they were more impressed with Sam's presentation but gave McClaren the job anyway.

I imagine the BBC bung documentary (which had just been released, I think) had an influence.

Big Sam had question marks over his head at the time with bung allegations. McClaren on the other hand was already in the England setup - he already had good access to the FA headquarters, and as soon as Scolari ruled himself out, got on the train, took a taxi to soho square, entered the boardroom, got down on his knees, and sucked off several aging cocks to land the job.

Big Sam had question marks over his head at the time with bung allegations. McClaren on the other hand was already in the England setup - he already had good access to the FA headquarters, and as soon as Scolari ruled himself out, got on the train, took a taxi to soho square, entered the boardroom, got down on his knees, and sucked off several aging cocks to land the job.

And people say he lacks passion.

Guest LucaAltieri

McClaren's on SSN now -> :smug:

Sounds more like an interview for his next job more than anything. "I've learned a lot from my mistakes" ... "Another challenge" ...."not one to go and sit on a beach".

...McClaren to Birmingham?

What a fucking shit press conference. Answering nowt. "That question's not for today". As if anyone will give two shits as to what he says tomorrow. The smirky twat. :smug:

That seemed to be his repsonse to everything, shirked it.

Would anyone want Capello then?

I would. He must have something about him.

I'd give Capello the job tomorrow. Does he speak much English? The only thing that bothers me is the fact that he's reportedly shown his interest. Is he completely mad? Or lacking a pension scheme.