Value For Money Signings

Tooj

I'm going to mention Andy Cole as a value for money signing, again.  Just in a feeble attempt to get this thread away from the bollocks.

Aye, great shout.

I mentioned him earlier elbee. Keegan didn't need a DOF to find him though, but he picked Ray Wilkins to manage Fulham. Strange that football people don't get everything right, every time. Just imagine if everyone had DOF's, we would all win trophies  mackems.gif

That's nice, dear.

I agree its a good spot though, dear  ;D

The old board showed absolutely loads of ambition, right from the moment SJH seized control. In fact I'd say it was a level of ambition that was pretty much unparralleled in British football until Ambramovich bought Chelsea.

Problem was they didn't neccessarily go about achieving the ambition in the best way sometimes. There are a canny few things I'd level against the Sheperds and Halls but lack of ambition isn't one of them.

I think you're missing the point, NE5 is questioning the ambition of Mike Ashley because he only gave Allardyce £11 million to spend net, ignoring the £100 million he wiped off the debt which a fair chunk of was borrowed to back Souness.

Ambition isn't always a good thing when you can't afford it, just ask Peter Ridsdale.

As for not signing a replacement for Boumsong or having to sell Milner to sign a striker, I said at the time Roeder didn't manage his budget properly when signing Duff which is exactly what I've said regarding the signing of Smith when a proper replacement for Dyer was needed.

Sorry, looks like I did miss the point - thought you were saying the old board weren't ambitious. My mistake!

It looks to me like he's saying the old board wasn't ambitious either .........

Likes to change his tunes, Baggio like

Can you highlight where I said that on here or are you making things up again?

me or jimmy  ?

The old board were massively ambitious, and by the way, thats not edited.  mackems.gif

Considering you were the one accusing me without saying it  and the fact I quoted you suggests its you I'm asking.

So can you post a link to a thread on here where I've said the old board had no ambition or are you making it up?

I'm not really arsed Baggio, besides it upsets you, and also it may be edited by now.

So you made it up then.

sorry I thought you meant jimmy. Whatever are you asking me for ? Like I said, I'm not bothered. Hope you aren't upset mind. You've had time to edit it by now anyway, like your chums on toontastic like to do  mackems.gif

I'm going to mention Andy Cole as a value for money signing, again.  Just in a feeble attempt to get this thread away from the bollocks.

Aye, great shout.

I mentioned him earlier elbee. Keegan didn't need a DOF to find him though, but he picked Ray Wilkins to manage Fulham. Strange that football people don't get everything right, every time. Just imagine if everyone had DOF's, we would all win trophies  mackems.gif

That's nice, dear.

It was a pity Keegan didn't have the balls to see the job through to the end, I suppose that's what happens when a cheque book Charlie manager has his cheque book taken away. mackems.gif

Aye, great shout.

That's nice, dear.

It was a pity Keegan didn't have the balls to see the job through to the end, I suppose that's what happens when a cheque book Charlie manager has his cheque book taken away. mackems.gif

And, NOW, you are completely showing your ignorance of the club and its history.

The old board showed absolutely loads of ambition, right from the moment SJH seized control. In fact I'd say it was a level of ambition that was pretty much unparralleled in British football until Ambramovich bought Chelsea.

Problem was they didn't neccessarily go about achieving the ambition in the best way sometimes. There are a canny few things I'd level against the Sheperds and Halls but lack of ambition isn't one of them.

I think you're missing the point, NE5 is questioning the ambition of Mike Ashley because he only gave Allardyce £11 million to spend net, ignoring the £100 million he wiped off the debt which a fair chunk of was borrowed to back Souness.

Ambition isn't always a good thing when you can't afford it, just ask Peter Ridsdale.

As for not signing a replacement for Boumsong or having to sell Milner to sign a striker, I said at the time Roeder didn't manage his budget properly when signing Duff which is exactly what I've said regarding the signing of Smith when a proper replacement for Dyer was needed.

Sorry, looks like I did miss the point - thought you were saying the old board weren't ambitious. My mistake!

It looks to me like he's saying the old board wasn't ambitious either .........

Likes to change his tunes, Baggio like

Can you highlight where I said that on here or are you making things up again?

me or jimmy  ?

The old board were massively ambitious, and by the way, thats not edited.  mackems.gif

Considering you were the one accusing me without saying it  and the fact I quoted you suggests its you I'm asking.

So can you post a link to a thread on here where I've said the old board had no ambition or are you making it up?

I'm not really arsed Baggio, besides it upsets you, and also it may be edited by now.

So you made it up then.

sorry I thought you meant jimmy. Whatever are you asking me for ? Like I said, I'm not bothered. Hope you aren't upset mind. You've had time to edit it by now anyway, like your chums on toontastic like to do  mackems.gif

If I edited something it would say at the bottom, the admin on here could tell if I edited it anyway.

So dig it up and prove you're not a liar.

Aye, great shout.

That's nice, dear.

And, NOW, you are completely showing your ignorance of the club and its history.

Which part is wrong? Are you saying him getting us to second in the league wasn't down to money and it was all down to his great managerial skills? Or are you saying he didn't jump ship when he wouldn't have the same spending power as before?

Aye, great shout.

That's nice, dear.

Which part is wrong? Are you saying him getting us to second in the league wasn't down to money and it was all down to his great managerial skills? Or are you saying he didn't jump ship when he wouldn't have the same spending power as before?

This has been discussed before, with others as well as me.

You have said that you don't want to bother with me. Stick to your convictions, but in this case there are plenty of other people who will tell you what a dipstick of an opinion that is ie Keegan didn't have balls and "failed" by "only" reaching 2nd in the premiership.

Maybe the comments aimed elsewhere about fickle fans who the club have landed themselves with that think they have a right to success or they walk out, refer to you ?

Can you highlight where I've said he failed or are you making stuff up again?

I quoted where you said you would be happy with Allardyce.

Your chums from toontastic like making things up though

So you can't then? Clearly more made up rubbish to try and prove a point, nothing changes I see.

I have quoted you - today - saying you would be happy with Allardyce........

but you're denying it.

Nothing changes I see.

You can go away and look for other people's posts again now, but don't get upset when people do the same to you though !!!

Where have I denied saying I'd be happy with Allardyce? I said it back in February 2006 and have never denied saying that, more lies from you. I seem to remember you saying Roeder and O'Neil were on par as managers and that Roeder would win the league up there. Do you want me to post the link?

Where have I denied saying I'd be happy with Allardyce? I said it back in February 2006 and have never denied saying that, more lies from you. I seem to remember you saying Roeder and O'Neil were on par as managers and that Roeder would win the league up there. Do you want me to post the link?

you said you'd be happy with Allardyce, now you are whinging on about everything he does.

If you aren't, wtf is the point you are making unless you like just looking stupid, everybody on here can see you complaining about Allardyce.

I don't give a shite if you post where I said Roeder would win the jock league, because i think he probably would with Rangers or Celtic.

PS.......everyone can also see that you like dragging up other's posts but don't like it done to you either. Tut tut.........

Anyway, I think I'll go back to discussing things with people who know what they are talking about, after all you did say that discussing things with me were a waste of time - yet you keep on doing it.........hypocritical to the end or what  :lol:

I'm certain this could be sorted using pm's gentlemen. :)

I wouldn't reply. He's said he doesn't want to discuss things with me, so I'm not really sure why he keeps responding online.

I'm not for a second suggesting Nobby wasnt excellent VFM, but i do wonder whether he was as good as a lot of people er...trumpet him as.

For me he was always the ultimate home player. I cant really remember many stunning Nobby displays away from SJP. That 4-3 game at Leeds stands out i guess.

If I could clone one player that I'd seen play for us then it would be Beardsley, I'd pay the admission just to see him.  If he was born outside of Britain he would have been raved about throughout world football, if he'd been born in Brazil he would have been a legend.

If I could clone one player that I'd seen play for us then it would be Beardsley, I'd pay the admission just to see him.  If he was born outside of Britain he would have been raved about throughout world football, if he'd been born in Brazil he would have been a legend.

Suffered as much as anyone from the European ban on English clubs imo.

Guest jimmy1982

Totally agree with you Mick. I live down south and I've been saying that to people down here for years, both southern and foreign, and its criminal how underrated he is by people. most foreigners i speak to have never even heard of him. I suppose thats mostly due to British clubs being banned from europe when he was at Liverpool. by contrast loads have heard of Waddle because of his time at Marseille, even though he wasn't half the footballer Pedro was imo.

Suffered as much as anyone from the European ban on English clubs imo.

god love them scousers.

Agree, especially on the final point.

Aside from the obvious Cole, Lee, Given etc. I always rated Clarence, tidy little player who chipped in with the odd goal. Very cheap and excellent VFM imo.