If Chopra scores against us in the derby??

Guest GLENEAGLE

If I was a professional footballer (stop sniggering) I'd put personal achievement over the club I supported. Soopafan badge revoked.

I wouldn't. In fact, I'd try my best to sabotage my team's performance by misplacing passes and hoofing the ball out whenever possible for a ... corner, thus putting my entire career in jeopardy and ruining any future chances I might have at any club.

:lol:

Think Big Sam might sign him up if he does that, fits right into the recent tactical masterplan

Guest johnson293

Its a difficult one - just depends on the players feelings about the whole thing.

Lee Clark claims he wanted out of Sunderland as soon as they got promoted, as he couldn't face playing against us for Sunderland - then he joined Fulham and scored against us a couple of times - though in fairness he never celebrated much.

Mark Viduka muted his celebrations after scoring aginst the smogs - he wasn;t a local lad, and had only been there a few years.

I also seem to remember Alan Shearer celebrating quite a bit after scoring an equaliser at the Gallowgate end in 94 or 95 for Blackburn.

Chopra, though a geordie lad, may feel he wants to show Newcastle what they let go, and may decide to endear himself to his new supporters, but then again - he could suddenly develop an injury/strain today that rules him out!

Either way, he's gonna annoy someone!

Guest marky555

He will not celebrate if he scores, if he does it will be very subdued and hardly noticeable, more accepting congrats from the other players than his own actual celebration.

It is his job and Sunderland are his employers but he's made no secret of his passion and love for the Toon so he wouldn't celebrate. If he does I'd be very surprised coz he seems like he's got his head screwed on etc.

Its a difficult one - just depends on the players feelings about the whole thing.

Lee Clark claims he wanted out of Sunderland as soon as they got promoted, as he couldn't face playing against us for Sunderland - then he joined Fulham and scored against us a couple of times - though in fairness he never celebrated much.

Mark Viduka muted his celebrations after scoring aginst the smogs - he wasn;t a local lad, and had only been there a few years.

I also seem to remember Alan Shearer celebrating quite a bit after scoring an equaliser at the Gallowgate end in 94 or 95 for Blackburn.

Chopra, though a geordie lad, may feel he wants to show Newcastle what they let go, and may decide to endear himself to his new supporters, but then again - he could suddenly develop an injury/strain today that rules him out!

Either way, he's gonna annoy someone!

Stange that my memory of that is Shearer running towards the Rovers fans with a smile as big as the mouth of the Tyne on his face arm held aloft.

Michael Chopra, a Tynesider now wearing Sunderland colours, is desperate to help the Black Cats win tomorrow's derby.

Chopra crossed the great divide in the summer, joining Sunderland despite his Newcastle roots - a brave move according to Roy Keane, his manager.

The striker, 23, was on the scoresheet for the Magpies the last time the clubs met.

Now the boot is on the other foot. "I'd love to score tomorrow," said Chopra. "I loved scoring for Sunderland earlier in the season and, like any striker, I want to score in every game, Saturday's no different.

"I know exactly what this game means to the fans, I'm a North-East lad and I understand the rivalry.

"It's going to be great to play in front of a sell-out crowd. Derby games are incredibly passionate, both on and off the pitch. You can feel the atmosphere the minute you come out, it's really special. I'm just one of the lucky few to play for both teams."

Chopra added: "There'll be a lot of banter between the fans - I know our fans already sing 'Chopra's one of us', which is nice to hear.

"When you come to a new club you always hope the fans accept you. When you hear them singing your name it really means a lot. It tells me they appreciate the effort I put into every game."

Chopra has scored other goals at the Stadium of Light - notably a brace for Cardiff last season.

"A goal's a goal and I'll always celebrate them," said Chopra. "Our fans saw just how much scoring goals mean to me against Spurs."

Chopra has not scored since Sunderland's 2-2 draw at Birmingham in August.

He said: "I'm a striker so it's my job to score goals. If I get a chance tomorrow I'll be doing everything I can to put the ball in the back of the net, like I do in every game.

"I know there's pressure on me to score, that comes with the territory. I won't stop giving 100% and I have self-belief. I think that my luck will change."

O0 I`ll be over the moon!........    :clap2:   Ha`way the lads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..........

if newcastle win will you be on here saturday night or sunday? or even monday?

:rolleyes: aye!!  al not be saying much tho!......... ;D

O0 I`ll be over the moon!........    :clap2:   Ha`way the lads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......... :smitten:

die

:rolleyes: ...Over tired,thats your problem,dont worry mummy will tuck you in soon... :giggle: dont forget ya jimjams mind!!

If Chopra scores i'll want to deck him and every one of the dopey gets celebrating with him.

If any other mackem scores i'll want to deck them and every one of the dopey gets celebrating with them.

Chopra plays for them and makes no odds he used to play for us apart from the fact that .... 4-1 and even Chopra scored.....

Getting in the mood now and i'm not even back in Newcastle yet.....Grrrrrr

Howay the TOON

Guest johnson293

Stange that my memory of that is Shearer running towards the Rovers fans with a smile as big as the mouth of the Tyne on his face arm held aloft.

My point was, Shearer was a Newcastle fan, but it didn't stop him being very clearly delighted to have scored against us for Blackburn.