Joey Barton

stozo

Pretty sure I have said it before but I knew people would expect him to come in an perform miracles. He hasn't been good, he has shown one or two glimpses of what he can do but I didn't really expect much else.

Sums this forum up thought really "Well 3 games in and what the fuck has he done!!!".

Yes 3 fucking games!so maybe give him a fucking chance then like,christ!!!

Just like everyone gives Smith a chance? To be honest for £6m you'd like to something from his first 3 games that would give you hope, so far nothing, only a ridiculous challenge at the end of the first half today.

Expect Dr Spectrum on here to tell us he's always been shit and he was never that good for City.

To be fair to Dr S I think we would be speaking exactly the same if Barton had left us to go to City in the same circumstances and the comments from JB since.

Just like everyone gives Smith a chance? To be honest for £6m you'd like to something from his first 3 games that would give you hope, so far nothing, only a ridiculous challenge at the end of the first half today.

Smith has been doing it for years though tbf. Are you honestly saying Barton looks exactly the same for us as he has for City for the past few years?

I don't think he was as bad as people make out. Obviously still looking for form, but apart from a really shocking 15 mins just before half time (being lucky to stay on the pitch) he was ok imho.

I agree with this. Can't say I was shocked with some of the comments I saw on here though.

Smith has been doing it for years though tbf. Are you honestly saying Barton looks exactly the same for us as he has for City for the past few years?

To be honest I haven't really watched him at City so I'm just going on so far what I've seen of him in black & white.

To be honest I haven't really watched him at City so I'm just going on so far what I've seen of him in black & white.

If we use this way to judge players we might aswell sell Owen for £1m in January as he hasnt looked too special recently.

Yes 3 f****** games!so maybe give him a f****** chance then like,christ!!!

If we use this way to judge players we might aswell sell Owen for £1m in January as he hasnt looked too special recently.

Tbf. I think we all agree that Owen's legs have gone and he needs good service to do anything at all.... we sort of expect some of these seemingly lethargic looking performances.

Barton just looks totally off-the-boil at the moment. Don't think he's match sharp yet.

First game: Totally unfit.

Second game: Still unfit and worst day of the season for the team in general.

Third game: Still unfit and on the right-wing.

Plus he hasn't played in a settled midfield/team once so far. Plus we're generally in an utterly shite patch. How, in God's name, you can judge him after this length of time, is beyond me. Barmy.

No not like Smith.Smith wasnt out injured for 3 months!Barton will need time to settle in to the team and get his match fitness!

Guest optimistic nit

No not like Smith.Smith wasnt out injured for 3 months!Barton will need time to settle in to the team and get his match fitness!

aye, smith had the full year. not that i dont agree mind, but smithy's been out of late as well.

3 games after a broken foot and a long time out!!

Give him time man..

Dyer had 10 zillion games out and a broken body but everytime he came back he made a difference. Remember the Arsenal game and a few when actually had come back. I dont think the injury can be an excuse. Even the fact Barton has moved teams is no different to Dyer coming back as he spent so long out injured each time he was playing with a completely new team each time as well.  

I`m not comparing the 2 players but I am saying is Barton hasn`t done much.

Give him time man..

Dyer had 10 zillion games out and a broken body but everytime he came back he made a difference. Remember the Arsenal game and a few when actually had come back. I dont think the injury can be an excuse. Even the fact Barton has moved teams is no different to Dyer coming back as he spent so long out injured each time he was playing with a completely new team each time as well.  

Some people have different natural fitness levels and I seem to remember many comments from management etc how Dyer was just amazingly naturally fit so its no surprise that he did come back back and make an immediate impact (for about 3 games then went missing for many after).

Those who have seen Barton pre-NUFC know he is a lot better than he has shown for us so far and I doubt a broken metathingymajig is going to ruin the lad at 25!

Give him time man..

Some people have different natural fitness levels and I seem to remember many comments from management etc how Dyer was just amazingly naturally fit so its no surprise that he did come back back and make an immediate impact (for about 3 games then went missing for many after).

Those who have seen Barton pre-NUFC know he is a lot better than he has shown for us so far and I doubt a broken metathingymajig is going to ruin the lad at 25!

Its too early to judge obviously but lets hope it isn`t the case of every player that signs for us becomes half the player over night