Sams new full backs

Guest BooBoo

Guest sicko2ndbest

Beye looked good when he came on and for a couple of million he will turn out to be a bargain. Tall, athletic, quick, but as a right back needs to improve his distribution.

Enrique is 21, very encouraging signs so far, unlucky to be left out today

Because it makes more sense to play our best winger at LB and restrict his chances going forward.

:idiot2:

£8 million spent on Enrique and Beye. Can anyone give answers why they are not being invloved by Sam?

:nope:

Because Sam was shitting himself worrying about what Sunderland might do. Miss the target mostly as it turns out.

Really don't know why Allardyce is making such a pigs-ear of team selections in general of late. You pick...

GK - One from Given & Harper

RB - One from Beye, Geremi & Carr

LB - One from Enrique & Babayaro

CB - Two from Taylor, Rozehnal, Cacapa & Faye

RM - One from Milner and um...well Milner when fit.

LM - One from N'Zogbia and Duff

CM - Two from Barton, Emre, Butt & Geremi

CF - Two from Owen, Martins, Viduka & Smith.

Really don't know why Allardyce is making such a pigs-ear of team selections in general of late. You pick...

Allardyce can't pick Babayaro, he's injured himself again.  :rolleyes:

That would be too straight forward for a master tactician.

That would be too straight forward for a master tactician.

It might be a radical idea but anyone think that Allardyce might be using the first third/half of the season to try every permutation to see what works with a view that the 2nd half will be a settled team using the players who he thinks are the more consistent performers in the various positions.

Fanciful idea I would say, and probably 99.9999999999% unlikely (and an immense risk), but who knows.

It might be a radical idea but anyone think that Allardyce might be using the first third/half of the season to try every permutation to see what works with a view that the 2nd half will be a settled team using the players who he thinks are the more consistent performers in the various positions.

Fanciful idea I would say, and probably 99.9999999999% unlikely (and an immense risk), but who knows.

He could be but we might have a load of players who have had any confidence which they brought to the club knocked out of them.

I'm not sure why Enrique didn't play but by leaving him on the bench he made sure we didn't have any pace in the starting 11.

If Allardyce doesn't have confidence that Enrique can handle the Derby, he shouldn't have paid 6m for him.

You can't draw any other conclusion, as the guy has performed reasonably well in all the games he has started.He is a decent passer of the ball, and his temperament looks good so I don't see why he wasn't picked...Beye has looked suspect on some occasions, esp at Man City & Reading.

These selection decisions are baffling..Steve Round's influence, anyone..!!???

Yes, as much as I'm fully behind Allardyce (he was never my choice as manager, I wanted Houllier) there are precious few of his team selections I agree with, and a LOT I don't.

I believe that some of his selections yesterday were on the basis that he wanted players with derby experience on the pitch.

So he leaves out Martins who's played in one of the biggest derbies in world football, Geremi who's played in El Clasico, and Beye who used to captain a side in a heated rivalry between Marseille & PSG.

He had to play Taylor at RB because its a derby, so that's why Beye didn't start. He dropped Beye last week so that Taylor wouldn't be rusty coming into the derby. Disappointing!

I find that first line disappointing if true. Would he have played Ramage instead of Rozehnal had he been fit?

Having problems adjusting to the Prem style of play apparently, yet I thought Beye did fine when he came on yesterday and Cacapa had been very good up until last week.

Jose maybe needs a bit more time but he is young and is still learnign the LB role anyway.