Liverpool (h) pre match thread

madras

Guest Tiger Tony

Only a fag would organise such a challenge and not enter himself into it!

True, I will put myself in. Only a 1 in 14 chance anyway!

Who would want to do a challenge were they might lose their ticket? they would be gutted! also who would travel up with no ticket and be looking for one?

Oh wait.....

won't even be looking for a ticket as that would need paid for, they know there are other ways to gain entry.

Guest Tiger Tony

Who would want to do a challenge were they might lose their ticket? they would be gutted! also who would travel up with no ticket and be looking for one?

Oh wait.....

No it's only if you don't attempt it you lose your ticket (hollow threat anyway, just a tactic to scare the chosen one to try it :laugh:).

I have seen Newcastle lads round Anfield before without tickets travelling on the off chance. Happens with any well supported club. A lot of Irish reds come over for this too, cheap flights with Easyjet from Belfast or Ryanair from Dublin into Newcastle. It does not mean they are going to bunk in. Just going on the off chance and there is always people drop out last minute, don't get out of bed etc. Especially on bastard early kick offs! So if you are prepared to accept you might be watching it in the pub it's worth a gamble, so some people think anyway. The Irish lads aren't even that bothered, they are happy to sit in the Union Rooms and end up totally bollocksed by 2 in the afternoon bluelaugh.gif

Besides, it is impossible to bunk into SJP anyway! Unless the turnstile operator takes a bribe, but most places randomly check a few for cash after kick off to prevent that type of thing.

God knows what he will do for this one, look for a home draw probably.

I would go with

------------------Harper

Beye-----Cacapa--------Faye--------Jose

---------------------Roze

Milner---Geremi-------------------Zoggy

---------Martins--------Viduka

DO we have to play Beye and Cacapa?

Who do you suggest?

I'd try Geremi at RB, at least its somewhere he's played before. And i'd have Roz and taylor in the middle.

:jesuswept:

Ditto. One bad game and a player is embaressing? We have some of the worst "supporters" in football.

Sorry, yeah - Cacapa is brilliant, and deserves a place in the starting XI.

Like fuck does he.

After one bad game? He was fairly decent in all the other matches I saw him in.

Guest Tiger Tony

Tony would you like to write the "Who The f*** Are ...?" article on Liverpool?

Enlighten me as to what it's about and a rough guide as to what you want in it I might do.

Guest bjb7223

............................Reina......................

Finnan.....Carragher...Agger.......Arbeloa

Gerrard......MAscherano.....Lucas....Kewell

..................Torres.....Babel........................

subs: Crouch, Kuyt, Aurelio, Hyypia, Martin.

Ditto. One bad game and a player is embaressing? We have some of the worst "supporters" in football.

Like fuck does he.

He was ok in most of the other games, bar a few wobboles. No better than Taylor or Rozenhal - in fact, on balance worse than both of them when they played together, so why shoudl he get a start*?

* other than Allardyce and his Random Selection Madness.

Like fuck does he.

He was ok in most of the other games, bar a few wobboles. No better than Taylor or Rozenhal - in fact, on balance worse than both of them when they played together, so why shoudl he get a start*?

Do you mean worse than both of them when he played with them, or when they played together? Because Taylor was utter wank against Man City, and has been very poor imo in the last two games, albeit out of position. It was also notable that Roz looked far, far less assured when he had to start playing alongside Taylor rather than Faye at the SoS

Like fuck does he.

Taylor's been awful this season whoever he's partnered in the middle.

Brushed off the ball by Ashley Young which nearly cost us the game against Villa, dreadful positioning against Boro for Mido's goal, wasn't even in the game against Man City, that's without mentioning his misplaced header from a throw in that started Pompey's attack for their 3rd or him missing the ball completely when clearing for their 4th.

He's been terrible.

Taylor's the worst centre-half at the club. He's had about 80 first team starts now too and the errors show no sign of sign of abating. He also lacks a bit of pace and doesn't have the nouse to make up for it. He's big and strong and honest but that's not enough for me.

Guest Sniffer

Put him up for sale and I'd bet he goes to Liverpool or Spurs and develops into a very good player. There is no pint in whining about the lack of a scouting system for young players if you can't develop them.

But that's OK as Fat Sam can get another over-the-hill grunt to come in and pad the squad. And probably pad his back pocket at the same time.

Put him up for sale and I'd bet he goes to Liverpool or Spurs and develops into a very good player. There is no pint in whining about the lack of a scouting system for young players if you can't develop them.

But that's OK as Fat Sam can get another over-the-hill grunt to come in and pad the squad. And probably pad his back pocket at the same time.

I'll bet you anything you like he never develops into a really good player. Here or anywhere else.

If our youth academy wasn't so shit and brought through better than Ameobi and Aaron Hughes in the past decade then perhaps people wouldn't be raving about bog standard players like Taylor.

Why?

Just some of your more unpleasant posts in General Chat I've read of late. I wasn't suggesting that was why you actually rated Taylor btw. That bit was a joke.