Liverpool (h) pre match thread

madras

This could be the start of a bad run.

Liverpool, Blackburn and Arsenal are all very losable games. It will make our piss poor away form come home to roost.

It will inevitably put our thick as pig s*** one dimensional  manager under immense pressure.

who would you try to bring  in if he got sacked?

Someone who actually won something before I'm guessing

This could be the start of a bad run.

Liverpool, Blackburn and Arsenal are all very losable games. It will make our piss poor away form come home to roost.

It will inevitably put our thick as pig s*** one dimensional  manager under immense pressure.

who would you try to bring  in if he got sacked?

Someone who actually won something before I'm guessing

Souness?  Gullit?

allardyce's probable line up.

n'zogbia

owen     geremi  viduka   taylor

faye    harper   enrique   milner

rozenhal  beye

i reckon there will be a battle for the goalkeeping spot between bellamy jenas and solano in there somewhere

I'll be at SJP again for this one so I'm sort of excited. The way Sam is playing the team I really don't see us scoring though. which is depressing.

Ah well, at least I'll be able to check out that nice Italian place again...

Tough one this, is it look to win or damage limitation?

---------------------Harper

------Cacapa-------Faye-----------Rose----

Milner---------------Butt---------------Zoggy

----------Barton--------------Martins

----------Owen--------------Viduka

OR more defensive..

----------------------Harper

------Cacapa---------Faye-----------Rose----

Beye------------------Butt--------------Jose

----------Barton-----------------Emre

-----------Owen---------------Viduka

Beye..Roz..Taylor..Enrique

..............Geremi..............

.......Barton......Emre........

Martins......................Zog

...............Viduka.............

We'll probably need 3 against 2 in the middle as they're so superior there. Martins has pace and energy and can use his right peg or cut in on his left. Both him and Zog can dribble and Viduka might hold it up long enough for Emre and Barton (if not banned) to join the attack.

Don't fancy Geremi much as a DM but we need some possession.

I take it Faye and Cacapa have injuries (?) so Taylor in with Roz.

Guest Tiger Tony

Liverpool fan here. The main point that has been raised, and could possibly help you, is that we have a champions league game on the Wednesday after (28th) which I assume most of you know is an absolute must win. So do not be shocked if Torres does not play. Personally I would go with our strongest line up. IF we were 2 goals up after about 60 minutes, then by all means take a few players off early. That is Benitez's problem compared to Ferguson and Wenger, they go out and win the game before changing a few players, where as Rafa often fucks about. If they aren't winning about 60 minutes in, they leave the key players in. Where as Benitez, if we aren't winning, will bring a key player on on about 70 minutes. TOO LATE! I really hope for all this fuckin about we get through our CL group.

Looking forward to this weekend. Finished 3 years of uni up in Newcastle recently and planning on moving back in the new year. Just need to decide if it is a rave in digital in the night time or pick up an easy bird from the Bigg Market, or Aspers. Always a few thick bimbos in there impressed by a little stack of chips!

Guest Tiger Tony

I believe a few of you have seen this before, but I am a member on www.redandwhitekop.com and we run an article every game called spyin kop. I have the task of doing the article for this game. So if anyone fancies a crack at all or some of the questions then that would be much appreciated. Thanks guys.

Im the same username on RAWK, know there are a few people from this site on there. If you run a similar feature either on here or in a fanzine then I would be happy to help as would members of that site.

Anyway, here are the questions:

How has the season been shaping up so far under the new ownership and management?

What are your expectations for this season? Have they changed from day one?

There have been rumours of discontent with Allardyce already, what were your initital impressions of his appointment, and have they changed at all? He has recently said he would need 4-5 years to make Newcastle into what he wants, will he get that patience from the Geordie faithful, and the new owner for that matter?

On the subject of your new owner, are you happy with him? Although I kind of know this answer…..are you also glad to see the back of Freddie?

I suppose this is linked to the above question, but what do you think of all the money coming into the premiership with new owners all over the place? Will it increase competition or ruin the game?

Who do you think is your most important player(s)?

Any player who has performed below your expectations?

Do you miss Titus Bramble? We will most certainly miss cheering his name!

DRUM ROLL……what for I hear you ask? The obligatory Michael Owen question! Of course we have fond memories of his time here, but the way he departed has marked him down in many Liverpool fans bad books for life. In hindsight has he been a waste of money? A brilliant goal scorer, undoubtedly. But is he now a crocked ‘past his best’ liability?

Following on from the above question, will anyone ever be able to replace Alan Shearer?

Any young up and coming players in the squad that we might not know about who you feel have the potential to establish themselves in the first team? I attended the youth cup game at your place last season and a few of your lads looked pretty decent, any of those lads developed further? Have they got the potential to go one further in the youth cup this season and make the final, possibly even take the crown off Liverpool?

The expectation levels in the Toon are massive, and I know that as well as anyone, having lived in Newcastle for the last 3 years. Do you feel the expectation levels are realistic, and do you feel you will have what it takes to compete with the ‘big 4’ within the

next few years?

With Liverpool’s proposed new stadium and other clubs planning new grounds or redevelopment, does St James Park need to expand to keep up so to speak?

Do you have a particular memory of any previous meeting between our clubs? That can be either on or off the pitch, or both. Preferably no 4-3 talk please! It also seems to be mentioned every year, hence why I have banned talk of it!

There is a general opinion that Geordies and Scousers get on very well. I have found this to generally be the case and got on well with the locals while I have lived in the Toon. Do you agree with this viewpoint or do you not get on with Scousers? Why do you feel that way, any particular experience that makes you feel the way you do?

‘Best fans in the World’. A statement used by fans of many clubs when describing themselves, including both our respective clubs. State your case to back up that statement.

In terms of atmosphere, it seems to be getting worse at most grounds year after year. We started a campaign to ‘reclaim the kop’ last year. I hear you have a ‘toon ultras’ group with similar motives. What do you think are the reasons behind declining atmosphere? Do you think such groups can make a difference, or have already made a difference?

What sort of line-up will be put out against us?

Which Liverpool player would you most like to see fall ‘victim’ to the infamous rotation policy for this match? Only one.

Any player you really want to see in our starting eleven who you think has been weak for us so far this season?

Where do you expect yourselves and Liverpool to finish in the Premier League? Also who do you think will win the 4 major honours?

Care to predict the score?

Thank you very much for your time. :celb:

If a member of admin could make this into its own thread that would be much appreciated, obviously I cant start a topic due to the 100 post rule

I believe a few of you have seen this before, but I am a member on www.redandwhitekop.com and we run an article every game called spyin kop. I have the task of doing the article for this game. So if anyone fancies a crack at all or some of the questions then that would be much appreciated. Thanks guys.

Im the same username on RAWK, know there are a few people from this site on there. If you run a similar feature either on here or in a fanzine then I would be happy to help as would members of that site.

Anyway, here are the questions:

How has the season been shaping up so far under the new ownership and management?

The new ownership has meant that Allardyce could bring in quite a few players which were badly needed, without them and a rumoured debt of between £80 and £100 million we'd have had next to nothing to spend.  Allardyce is frustrating a lot of fans with his questionable team selection which changes like the weather and also his negative tactics; we're probably the only team than has gone to Derby to contain them, crazy.

What are your expectations for this season? Have they changed from day one?

I expected Allardyce to live up to his hype and play a good tactical game, so far that side of his management skills have been well hidden.  I expected us to have done better than we have considering some of the opposition that we've faced.

There have been rumours of discontent with Allardyce already, what were your initital impressions of his appointment, and have they changed at all? He has recently said he would need 4-5 years to make Newcastle into what he wants, will he get that patience from the Geordie faithful, and the new owner for that matter?

My initial impression was that we'd probably got the best manager for the job that we could have realistically brought in, that changed after a short while as the job changed from potentially being one of looking through the bargain basement to potentially being a job where money was no longer in short supply.  If Allardyce wants to be at the club in 5 years time then he's going to have to earn that right, just like any other manager at any other club should earn the right to manage that club.  He will only get that patience if we're confident that things are changing for the better, so far he's doing well off the pitch but not so good on it.

On the subject of your new owner, are you happy with him? Although I kind of know this answer…..are you also glad to see the back of Freddie?

In a word, yes and that goes for both although not everyone is happy which may come as a surprise to an outsider.

I suppose this is linked to the above question, but what do you think of all the money coming into the premiership with new owners all over the place? Will it increase competition or ruin the game?

The money will probably even itself out, Chelsea has had cash to burn recently and will probably remain as a one off, the others might just cancel each other out.  I just hope the rich owners aren't going to pay increasingly stupid wages to already overpaid players.

Who do you think is your most important player(s)?

None at the minute because the manager is having more of an effect than the players due to team selection and tactics.

Any player who has performed below your expectations?

Owen but the blame doesn't lie with him, we all know what he can do when played to his strengths although speed may not be all that it once was, he's still the same player as far as knowing where the goal is, we just need to give him the balls he needs and not play the negative game played mainly away from home.

Do you miss Titus Bramble? We will most certainly miss cheering his name!

How could we possibly miss him?

DRUM ROLL……what for I hear you ask? The obligatory Michael Owen question! Of course we have fond memories of his time here, but the way he departed has marked him down in many Liverpool fans bad books for life. In hindsight has he been a waste of money? A brilliant goal scorer, undoubtedly. But is he now a crocked ‘past his best’ liability?

Some thought he was a waste of money the day we bought him, the money could have been better spent.

Following on from the above question, will anyone ever be able to replace Alan Shearer?

Of course somebody will replace him, he was only one man, no matter how good in his prime.

Any young up and coming players in the squad that we might not know about who you feel have the potential to establish themselves in the first team? I attended the youth cup game at your place last season and a few of your lads looked pretty decent, any of those lads developed further? Have they got the potential to go one further in the youth cup this season and make the final, possibly even take the crown off Liverpool?

No idea, I don't have the time to watch the kids.

The expectation levels in the Toon are massive, and I know that as well as anyone, having lived in Newcastle for the last 3 years. Do you feel the expectation levels are realistic, and do you feel you will have what it takes to compete with the ‘big 4’ within the

next few years?

I think our expectations are realistic, people mistake what we would like to happen with what we think will happen.  I'd love to see us win something but don't expect it.  I think we could compete with the top 4 but it will take a lot of hard work and probably as much luck because of the poor state the club was in only a few short months ago, at least we now have the means to move forward again.

With Liverpool’s proposed new stadium and other clubs planning new grounds or redevelopment, does St James Park need to expand to keep up so to speak?

St James' only needs expanding if we are filling the ground every week, no point having empty seats.

Do you have a particular memory of any previous meeting between our clubs? That can be either on or off the pitch, or both. Preferably no 4-3 talk please! It also seems to be mentioned every year, hence why I have banned talk of it!

I've always loved going to Anfield, I once went down and didn't get in until half time because a load of mates were on the piss with Liverpool fans.  I can't remember a thing about the game other than the Liverpool fans we were with came into our end and were singing Newcastle songs with us, they wouldn't let us buy any drinks either although we kept pretending to go to the toilets and sneaking rounds in.  The other team across Stanley Park is supported by tossers, I'll never forget seeing Newcastle fans with blood pouring from stanley knife wounds to the face.

There is a general opinion that Geordies and Scousers get on very well. I have found this to generally be the case and got on well with the locals while I have lived in the Toon. Do you agree with this viewpoint or do you not get on with Scousers? Why do you feel that way, any particular experience that makes you feel the way you do?

I can't stand Everton fans but get on well with Liverpool fans and that goes back years, I remember going to London when we played Chelsea and Liverpool played Forest in the League Cup, thousands of Newcastle and Liverpool fans got on well all day, we were playing football together in Trafalgar Square and drinking together for hours.

‘Best fans in the World’. A statement used by fans of many clubs when describing themselves, including both our respective clubs. State your case to back up that statement.

Won nowt but still turn up, nothing else is needed.

In terms of atmosphere, it seems to be getting worse at most grounds year after year. We started a campaign to ‘reclaim the kop’ last year. I hear you have a ‘toon ultras’ group with similar motives. What do you think are the reasons behind declining atmosphere? Do you think such groups can make a difference, or have already made a difference?

Sitting down has a lot to do with it, standing would make a massive difference to a lot of clubs.

What sort of line-up will be put out against us?

God knows.

Which Liverpool player would you most like to see fall ‘victim’ to the infamous rotation policy for this match? Only one.

I doubt any single player would make much of a difference.

Any player you really want to see in our starting eleven who you think has been weak for us so far this season?

Mike Hooper but he no longer plays for you.

Where do you expect yourselves and Liverpool to finish in the Premier League? Also who do you think will win the 4 major honours?

We look as if we'll do really well to finish above 8 and Liverpool look as if they might finish 3rd.  As for who will win our domestic trophies, I think they'll be won by one of last seasons top 4.  The CL, of our teams I think Man U will be the last English club left in.

Care to predict the score?

1-3

Thank you very much for your time. :celb:

If a member of admin could make this into its own thread that would be much appreciated, obviously I cant start a topic due to the 100 post rule