Ashley Vs Drumaville

Minhosa
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think Quinny and his drumaville consortium have done well for the unwashed so far.

He's excellent on the PR side, wholly supportive of the Manager, has provided funds and seems to have struck a chord with all things Sunderland. It's also a fair bet that he's their for the long run.

Ashley on the other hand is a bit of an unknown, not known for his PR ability to say the least, unlikely to come out with re-assuring headlines and may even be considered a loose cannon.

He's also fucking minted, made a hugely positive step in clearing the NUFC debt to a manageable level, seems to have fallen for the club but is a businessman with no known allegiance to the club therefore he may sell should a better offer come along/should he get bored.

So, who and why?

**NB - This is probably shitty timing after Mikey boys decision to sit with the away fans yesterday but I've been meaning to post for ages and haven't had the chance!**

Guest Alan Shearer 9

"not known for his PR ability to say the least"

? .... ??? Are you serious??? No one could have done a better job of endearing themself to the fans than he has since he's taken over. The guy's a fucking PR machine!

"not known for his PR ability to say the least"

? .... ??? Are you serious??? No one could have done a better job of endearing themself to the fans than he has since he's taken over. The guy's a fucking PR machine!

I'm talking about his background and the fact he's only been at the club a short while. He came known as a recluse and operates a risky strategy with his Sports Direct empire in relation to PR.

Thats what I meant. I agree he's endeared himself well.

Mike easily.

For one he seems to know his place in the hierarchy of the club - he is the owner and wants to enjoy it. He's employed Mort to run the club (very well so far imo) and he's simply there to spend his money on a hobby.

At the end of the day the Irish boys are in it as a business move and at some point they will expect a monetary return. Mike just wants a succesful club for his pleasure. No brainer really