Big Sam Under Pressure?

Kev
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

all over the papers and were talking about it on sky sports this morning

is he under pressure already?

i think he isnt yet but if we fail to win v liverpool, blackburn, arsenal he will be under massive pressure

Of course he is.

Anybody in a managerial position is under pressure to deliver from day one. We don't know what Mikes criteria would be for getting rid - final league position/style of play/general opinion of the club? but there is no doubt that Sam knows what he has to do and therefore is under pressure to deliver.

Is he under pressure from the fans? I'd say form the majority no, from a sizable minority yes, and if we haven't improved by Christmas then January becomes vital for the longevity of Sams reign

Every manager is under pressure. A realistic target for Allardyce this season would be to at least threaten the top 6-8 positions. At the moment he is, however, 3-4 defeats in the next few games (which isn't unrealistic looking at the fixtures), and of course he is. Same goes with every manager. If Liverpool aren't at the very least 4th pushing the top 2, Benitez will be under pressure, and the same with the other 18 managers in the league. Throw in the fact we now have a new owner since his appointment and of course there's going to be pressure to perform.

Yes he's under pressure but I don't think he'll lose his job unless he gets too close to the bottom, at least not until the end of the season.

My guess is that he has to get very close to qualifying for Europe to be here next year.

Yes he's under pressure but I don't think he'll lose his job unless he gets too close to the bottom, at least not until the end of the season.

My guess is that he has to get very close to qualifying for Europe to be here next year.

If he keeps sitting in the crowd you never know, i mean the absolute drivvel that comes out of some of these people's mouths when we're losing is unfathomable at times..

1 goal down and its like "big sam ya fucking wanker"

"new regime, same crock of shit"

"Fat sam you know-nothing cunt!"

If he keeps sitting in the crowd you never know, i mean the absolute drivvel that comes out of some of these people's mouths when we're losing is unfathomable at times..

1 goal down and its like "big sam ya f****** w******"

"new regime, same crock of s***"

"Fat sam you know-nothing c***!"

:coolsmiley:

Mongs.

The question is obviously relating to whether he is under any additional pressure to the normal levels...

Probably, but only because of unbelievably unrealistic fans with unrealistic expectations and awareness of how ordinary we are at the moment.

He's under performed on the pitch since he's got here, and isn't showing any signs of improving, yes he's under pressure and rightly so.

PS: I'm still behind him though, and still have faith he'll put us in the right direction by the end of the season.

He's under performed on the pitch since he's got here, and isn't showing any signs of improving, yes he's under pressure and rightly so.

PS: I'm still behind him though, and still have faith he'll put us in the right direction by the end of the season.

Thats a good assessment of how we should probably be thinking.... not been the best so far but dont get the knives out yet

Thats a good assessment of how we should probably be thinking.... not been the best so far but dont get the knives out yet

Its nice to know we've got a manager who is a: Fully qualified b: Respected in at least one country c: knows more about football than myself.

So it is in whole an improvement on the last two. But, its not working is it? Something is still wrong. For all the hard work he's done off field, its not getting it done on the pitch. Its been a blessing so far that we've had an easy start, because he seriously could right now be sitting on the top of the sack race if he had it difficult. That though is a worry, we've all discussed it, and really, were in a false position overall, and thats not good news for him and the start of his revolution.

The board, although i love their new style, haven't backed him enough for me. He should of been given the best possible start, in the end he got to spend probably what we would of got if FS had still been here. Lets hope it was just an issue of money going towards debts, and that isn't a trend for the new reign.

Still though, a lot of cunts have departed, a few more still need to go but i am sure they will and next season will probably be the season were all waiting for, big changes and some real structure to the team, i just hope he wins enough games between now and then for him to keep his job.

Saying all that though, if Milner didn't fluke an equalizer yesterday, i think i'd be hoping for a new manger this morning, fickle i know, but am being honest. :D

Guest Andrew Flintoff

Course he's under pressure, but under pressure to get some results, not under pressure in that he's gonna get the boot.

Mort has basically said this himself.

He's under pressure due to his negative style of football, which is the same shit that both Dalglish and Souness served up.

Playing for a 0-0 draw is quite frankly utter shit and will see us lose more games than we win and crank up the pressure even further on the stubborn pig headed ex mackem player cunt.

He's under pressure due to his negative style of football, which is the same shit that both Dalglish and Souness served up.

Playing for a 0-0 draw is quite frankly utter shit and will see us lose more games than we win and crank up the pressure even further on the stubborn pig headed ex mackem player cunt.

There's no need to sit on the fence man.  bluerazz.gif

Considering the standard of the teams below us, it would be hard for us to go much lower than we are right now.

It's not that hard, if you just take out your only full backs, throw in a winger and a centre half or whatever, put Barton on the right wing for a laugh, and watch them all struggle to put any moves together. It's a piece of cake actually.

Not yet, but he will be soon.  He's got nobody to blame but himself though.  He's putting himself under pressure by employing such odd tactics and team selections.  Playing with four central midfielders, moving your best winger to left back when the real left back is fit, removing your right back and putting a centre back in his place..  Going to places like Derby and Reading, premiership whiping boys, and playing for a draw...  If you do those kinds of things, especially on a regular basis, you better pray to god you win games.  Because otherwise it just gives people reasons to turn against you.

That's my take on it exactly Mick.

Guest Brewcastle

at least he is trying to get us 0-0 draws.

Daglish and Souness got us 0-0's and defeats when trying to win  :kasper:

Sam said we would beat Portsmouth at SJP with attacking them.

What a success!

Guest ExiledGeordie

I reckon we should sack him and go back to square one. Start over...........again.

I'm not 100% happy about the way we've played, ive been to more games this season so far than I did last season and I live in London. For people to start calling for his head before Christmas is utterly ridiculous. NUFC has failed to advance because of a lack of planning and longevity. Sacking another manager so soon and look for another "quick fix" will do nothing for us but unfortunately there's a the "we want instant success" brigade who can't seem to understand planning or patience.

I have to admit even though I try to have a long-term view I still get angry deep down with this negative attitude that Sam has brought to the team.

At the moment it seems as though any belief that Sam will get it right long-term is more to do with hope than based on anything we've seen on the pitch. I really thought he would be able to adapt his style to suit the better players we have vs Bolton, but right now I don't see any evidence of that.

It's like he's trying to bring us down to the level of a bunch of cloggers because that's the only style he knows.